343 Almost Nailed The Music in Halo 5

Halo 4’s soundtrack wasn’t bad, but it definitely wasn’t a Halo soundtrack. Halo 5 almost got it right though. The only thing missing from the new music, is electric guitar. The best part of playing halo 2, 3, and ODST were the occasional tracks with the guitars. They really set the mood, and made destroying the covenant all the more satisfying. If 343 could get guitars back into the music, it would be perfect. What do you guys think?

Agreed \m/ (’-’) \m/

Halo 5 has a great soundtrack. Like you said, the only thing missing is the electric guitar.

The music is up to the composer not the developer.

I totally agree

> 2533274885384976;1:
> Halo 4’s soundtrack wasn’t bad, but it definitely wasn’t a Halo soundtrack. Halo 5 almost got it right though. The only thing missing from the new music, is electric guitar. The best part of playing halo 2, 3, and ODST were the occasional tracks with the guitars. They really set the mood, and made destroying the covenant all the more satisfying. If 343 could get guitars back into the music, it would be perfect. What do you guys think?

Yes, I feel the same way about how they did the music in Halo 5.
They almost perfected it yet they forgot the electric guitar in the composition of Halo 5’s soundtrack.

> 2535423132749273;4:
> The music is up to the composer not the developer.

Yes but the composer is employed by 343. All I’m saying is that bringing the guitars back would make the next games music perfect

It doesn’t stack up to 1-3 music and it’s not close. No music in 5 is memorable like those games.

Couldn’t agree more. But it could be a bit more unique and memorable

I will admit (and probably get shouted at) but I actually really enjoyed the Halo 4 soundtrack. It was too different I agree but there are some absolute tunes in that soundtrack.

So I was kinda disappointed when the Halo 5 soundtrack dropped the experimental, atmospheric vibe Halo 4 had.

So for me id love Halo 6 to have a more diverse soundtrack. Have the epic orchestral halo songs, have the electric guitar but also have the more atmospheric, creepy songs as well.

Saying that the Halo 5 soundtrack contains some of my personal favourite halo songs (Warrior World, Light is Green, Blue Team etc.) so I wouldn’t be exactly angry if Kazuma carried on as he is.

Also have any of you heard the Halo 4 Soundtrack Remix version ?

I’m listening to it on Spotify now and its one of the most bizarre things ever. In a weird way I kinda like it.

> 2533274826317859;10:
> I will admit (and probably get shouted at) but I actually really enjoyed the Halo 4 soundtrack. It was too different I agree but there are some absolute tunes in that soundtrack.
>
> So I was kinda disappointed when the Halo 5 soundtrack dropped the experimental, atmospheric vibe Halo 4 had.
>
> So for me id love Halo 6 to have a more diverse soundtrack. Have the epic orchestral halo songs, have the electric guitar but also have the more atmospheric, creepy songs as well.
>
> Saying that the Halo 5 soundtrack contains some of my personal favourite halo songs (Warrior World, Light is Green, Blue Team etc.) so I wouldn’t be exactly angry if Kazuma carried on as he is.

I really like halo 4s soundtrack too, but not as a halo soundtrack. Arrival and 117 are amazing tracks, but the rest was missing that halo vibe. Halo 5s soundtrack was a step in the right direction, but it just isn’t quite there yet

> 2535428349878298;8:
> It doesn’t stack up to 1-3 music and it’s not close. No music in 5 is memorable like those games.

I agree with you there. None of the songs really stick with me, but I feel like it was a better attempt than in halo 4. In 5, they at least brought the orchestral sound back. I hope they can nail the music in halo 6

I think that electric guitars would make the music much more satisfying :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

> 2533274885384976;13:
> > 2535428349878298;8:
> > It doesn’t stack up to 1-3 music and it’s not close. No music in 5 is memorable like those games.
>
>
> I agree with you there. None of the songs really stick with me, but I feel like it was a better attempt than in halo 4. In 5, they at least brought the orchestral sound back. I hope they can nail the music in halo 6

Honestly I can’t give an opinion on 4’s music because I haven’t played it’s campaign in a while, but yea, hopefully they can make 6 music memorable.