343 additions to Anniversary

Which ones do you like the most

I’ll start with a couple of my own then

1/ Anniversary mode- New shotgun with a main function to look inside the gun itself. An interesting fact is that the gun is in fact hollow

2/ Classic mode- Black is the new grey where distant scenery shows up as random black and messy blocks of contrasting landscape instead of the usual clean foggy blending from the original game. Some might say it looks like a horribly corrupt graphics issue but that’s because we are wrong and 343 knows best

Anybody else?

1/Apparently Halo has the ability to distort lip movement and make things over exaggerated.
2/They made the flood super realistic because now when they infect a Reach Elite it magically turns into a Halo 3 Elite!
3/Keyes has a duck face.

Wow both of you seem intent on spamming complaints dont you? Its funny that you guys are so sure about all the glitches without having played the game.

> Wow oth of you seem intent on spamming complaints dont you? Its funny that you guys are so sure about all the glitches without having played the game.

Well considering the game went gold over a week ago I think it’s safe to assume that any errors we see in any new footage is in the final product.

If you really think the shotgun will be hollow when you shoot it then you are on something.

As for animations, I dont like them either. Cortana looks emotionless instead of cheeky/-Yoink!-.

Chief armor looks awesome tho. Srgnt. Johnson is just bad.

Or they filmed it before it went gold and are just now showing it. They could be fallowing some kinda time line with wut they talk about and could have already filmed most of the stuff before they got done with the actual game.

Or you could be right but there is nothing we can do but wait and see now.

> If you really think the shotgun will be hollow when you shoot it then you are on something.
>
> As for animations, I dont like them either. Cortana looks emotionless instead of cheeky/-Yoink!-.
>
> Chief armor looks awesome tho. Srgnt. Johnson is just bad.

Well that something we are on must be something that improves our vision because when you fire the shotgun it clips through the screen allowing you to see through it.

> > Wow oth of you seem intent on spamming complaints dont you? Its funny that you guys are so sure about all the glitches without having played the game.
>
> Well considering the game went gold over a week ago I think it’s safe to assume that any errors we see in any new footage is in the final product.

They didn’t make these videos that quick, and video from any recent panel could be old too, i mean they fixed the ar back in july but we still saw the old one in footage in august.

> Or they filmed it before it went gold and are just now showing it. They could be fallowing some kinda time line with wut they talk about and could have already filmed most of the stuff before they got done with the actual game.
>
> Or you could be right but there is nothing we can do but wait and see now.

The game went gold over a week ago, if they really made drastic improvements to that cutscene before it went gold then they would have no doubt told sites not to post it and simply taken 5 minutes to record it with the final product. same goes for the Elite Flood.

I really would be the first one on here saying sorry if it turns out i’m very wrong with some of this but having no confirmation from 343 and the fact we’re seeing this newer footage still showing this wrong stuff, well it makes it frustrating. 343 tell us either way and we’ll at least just have to deal with. They don’t have to of course but it wouldn’t hurt any- for the fans like

Me personally i would have liked the original Cortana for example but i appear to be in a minority and i’ll have to deal with it

Some of the more recent criticisms are i think justified as well regards to some of the cutscene aspects. These scenes are ingrained and as a result we know what they should be like for example

> > > Wow oth of you seem intent on spamming complaints dont you? Its funny that you guys are so sure about all the glitches without having played the game.
> >
> > Well considering the game went gold over a week ago I think it’s safe to assume that any errors we see in any new footage is in the final product.
>
> They didn’t make these videos that quick, and video from any recent panel could be old too, i mean they fixed the ar back in july but we still saw the old one in footage in august.

Except they explicitly told us then that that was an old build. This is materiel they are using to advertise the final product.

> > Or they filmed it before it went gold and are just now showing it. They could be fallowing some kinda time line with wut they talk about and could have already filmed most of the stuff before they got done with the actual game.
> >
> > Or you could be right but there is nothing we can do but wait and see now.
>
> The game went gold over a week ago, if they really made drastic improvements to that cutscene before it went gold then they would have no doubt told sites not to post it and simply taken 5 minutes to record it with the final product. same goes for the Elite Flood.

Yeah it doesn’t look good. Such a shame

> > > > Wow oth of you seem intent on spamming complaints dont you? Its funny that you guys are so sure about all the glitches without having played the game.
> > >
> > > Well considering the game went gold over a week ago I think it’s safe to assume that any errors we see in any new footage is in the final product.
> >
> > They didn’t make these videos that quick, and video from any recent panel could be old too, i mean they fixed the ar back in july but we still saw the old one in footage in august.
>
> Except they explicitly told us then that that was an old build. This is materiel they are using to advertise the final product.

They advertised cea with the e3 trailer no? And that poster that has the old ar’s in it too right? Just cause they didn’t out right say it in a trailer that it was old footage doesn’t mean it is not. They just don’t throw together footage that quick, and they have to plan out panels and gather the disks and they never have that recent versions for anything like that.

I like the halo 3 cortana model. Both if your going to use it atlest keep the attitude she used to have. It just looks so robotic when she looks around the ship before being “jacked”.

Cortana in ce was very punkish. They lost that with the model change but at least keep her expressions/attitude.

I think the cut scenes are final tho =(

> > > > > Wow oth of you seem intent on spamming complaints dont you? Its funny that you guys are so sure about all the glitches without having played the game.
> > > >
> > > > Well considering the game went gold over a week ago I think it’s safe to assume that any errors we see in any new footage is in the final product.
> > >
> > > They didn’t make these videos that quick, and video from any recent panel could be old too, i mean they fixed the ar back in july but we still saw the old one in footage in august.
> >
> > Except they explicitly told us then that that was an old build. This is materiel they are using to advertise the final product.
>
> They advertised cea with the e3 trailer no? And that poster that has the old ar’s in it too right? Just cause they didn’t out right say it in a trailer that it was old footage doesn’t mean it is not. They just don’t throw together footage that quick, and they have to plan out panels and gather the disks and they never have that recent versions for anything like that.

Those were to advertise a product in development. This is for the final product. Also with the game finished do you know how long it would take to get all this footage? Maybe an hour or so.

> I like the halo 3 cortana model. Both if your going to use it atlest keep the attitude she used to have. It just looks so robotic when she looks around the ship before being “jacked”.
>
> Cortana in ce was very punkish. They lost that with the model change but at least keep her expressions/attitude.
>
> I think the cut scenes are final tho =(

Instead they turned her into a Serina wanna be. She has the exact same stance as Serina while talking in the second cutscene. One thing that made Cortana so different from the other AIs was that she acted very human. Now I guess 343 doesn’t think that is important.

> Maybe an hour or so.

Lol no.

> > I like the halo 3 cortana model. Both if your going to use it atlest keep the attitude she used to have. It just looks so robotic when she looks around the ship before being “jacked”.
> >
> > Cortana in ce was very punkish. They lost that with the model change but at least keep her expressions/attitude.
> >
> > I think the cut scenes are final tho =(
>
> Instead they turned her into a Serina wanna be. She has the exact same stance as Serina while talking in the second cutscene. One thing that made Cortana so different from the other AIs was that she acted very human. Now I guess 343 doesn’t think that is important.

Why even mess with the manner in which she moves? Again this is for the fans of those that love Halo1 right, because it looks more like 343 doesn’t wish to upset those that know Cortana now from Halo2 and 3. For the fans

And so when people who wont have played the original swap to classic, they will surely question why the difference in Cortana behaviour. At which point will probably conclude that it’s a bit stupid having two entirely different looking and acting Cortana

I thought Bungie dropped the ball

I dont think it was 343. It was probably sabre that made the cut scenes. But Cortana looks like she cant even move her face.