343 actually fixed...JiP?!!

Taken from the bulletin

> Made late joining improvements to Join in Progress in all game types
> Reduced the window for Join in Progress in Slayer game types
> Made improvements to Join in Progress for uneven starts

And they’re just fixing this now…why? That shouldn’t been the first thing they fixed after removing the final kill-cam.

But…thank you anyway. It’s a start…but thank you.

NOW FIX THE DAMN WEAPON DESPAWNS!! That will make me very happy.

Wow, I state that they fix something and it gets buried.

Why are you surprised they fixed it? Just be thankful.

You have to understand, they released the game to millions of people. For various aspects of JIP they had to create settings based on their testing and experience. When suddenly that’s opened up to the public, they have a wealth of data around what’s working, what’s not, how often it occurs, how many people it affects, average time since the match started, and likely more and more data than you or I know.

They then have to decide what changes should be made at what settings which will be best for the public.

Then they have to code those changes and test them to make sure there are no hiccups or surprises.

You guys seem to think that there are just switches on the wall they flip or something. An understanding of project management, coding, or just having worked in a large company would no doubt benefit a lot of you. Things CANNOT change overnight. All that would happen is more issues would be created.

343i DOES CARE and they ARE LISTENING. Be realistic with expectations on fixes.

> Why are you surprised they fixed it? Just be thankful.
>
>
> You have to understand, they released the game to millions of people. For various aspects of JIP they had to create settings based on their testing and experience. When suddenly that’s opened up to the public, they have a wealth of data around what’s working, what’s not, how often it occurs, how many people it affects, average time since the match started, and likely more and more data than you or I know.
>
> They then have to decide what changes should be made at what settings which will be best for the public.
>
> Then they have to code those changes and test them to make sure there are no hiccups or surprises.
>
>
>
> You guys seem to think that there are just switches on the wall they flip or something. An understanding of project management, coding, or just having worked in a large company would no doubt benefit a lot of you. Things CANNOT change overnight. All that would happen is more issues would be created.
>
> 343i DOES CARE and they ARE LISTENING. Be realistic with expectations on fixes.

I am thankful, I even said I was. But still 343 should be tacking the most important issues right now.

Well, fixes take time to create. Sometimes, things need to be rewritten and redone to get right which could take a year. I personally think 343 are working in the dark to get things fixed and Halo 4 will be the great game is was said to be possibly in May.

I also truly believe that Halo 4 was launched way too early just to compete with blops2

These people care not for fixes, they only thrive off of complaints.

But yay glad to hear :smiley:

> > Why are you surprised they fixed it? Just be thankful.
> >
> >
> > You have to understand, they released the game to millions of people. For various aspects of JIP they had to create settings based on their testing and experience. When suddenly that’s opened up to the public, they have a wealth of data around what’s working, what’s not, how often it occurs, how many people it affects, average time since the match started, and likely more and more data than you or I know.
> >
> > They then have to decide what changes should be made at what settings which will be best for the public.
> >
> > Then they have to code those changes and test them to make sure there are no hiccups or surprises.
> >
> >
> >
> > You guys seem to think that there are just switches on the wall they flip or something. An understanding of project management, coding, or just having worked in a large company would no doubt benefit a lot of you. Things CANNOT change overnight. All that would happen is more issues would be created.
> >
> > 343i DOES CARE and they ARE LISTENING. Be realistic with expectations on fixes.
>
> I am thankful, I even said I was. But still 343 should be tacking the most important issues right now.

What makes you think they weren’t?

It’s been 3 weeks since release. It absolutely would take a week or most likely two just to get the true data on JIP. From there, they’d have to get a team together to study the data, figure out what would be best in the new settings, and agree on it. Then they have to give that to the other team responsible for coding the changes.

Frankly, as a technical PM myself, I’m surprised they did that in 3 weeks.

> Why are you surprised they fixed it? Just be thankful.
>
>
> You have to understand, they released the game to millions of people. For various aspects of JIP they had to create settings based on their testing and experience. When suddenly that’s opened up to the public, they have a wealth of data around what’s working, what’s not, how often it occurs, how many people it affects, average time since the match started, and likely more and more data than you or I know.
>
> They then have to decide what changes should be made at what settings which will be best for the public.
>
> Then they have to code those changes and test them to make sure there are no hiccups or surprises.
>
>
>
> You guys seem to think that there are just switches on the wall they flip or something. An understanding of project management, coding, or just having worked in a large company would no doubt benefit a lot of you. Things CANNOT change overnight. All that would happen is more issues would be created.
>
> 343i DOES CARE and they ARE LISTENING. Be realistic with expectations on fixes.

^this.