343! A RANKING SYSTEM THAT WORKS THE WHOLE WAY

So for the most all my friends have quit this game (Because it isn’t Halo 1,2,3) and I have no teammates to team up with.

I assume the ranking system has an invisible 1499(Iron to Onyx) rating + the 1500(Semi-Pro to pro).

Together this becomes a system that goes from 0-3000.

1500 of those points are Semi-pro. Everyone is going to end up on semi-pro sooner or later, but that’s for another matter. I just had to point out that you have to make everyone feel good by giving them a Semi-pro rank.

But, here is my real concern:

Can I please stop getting beginners on my team? It’s hard enough to search alone!

In this system you can get anyone on your team. THAT IS NOT A RANKING SYSTEM. We want a ranking system that teams you up with equally skilled players like Halo 3 and Halo 2 (Not MCC, because a 50 can meet a 1).

We want a ranking system where everyone goes 1 in K/D, in every match they play, a strict one!

http://i.imgur.com/NPmoJgu.png

It really happens to me all the time(And on the other team as well), and sometimes when you get 3 of these kids you just have to give up.

When we had the 1-50 you could actually carry yourself to 50, because you continously met better players with equal skill(So you didn’t meet those that dropped a negative -15 bomb)!

Amen! I’m not a pro but I am also not to bad, especially with a communicating team. However I always end up with the team that threw away their xbox one mics and decided to play an FPS for the first time.

“We want a ranking system where everyone goes 1 in K/D, in every match they play, a strict one!”
I think this has always been the ideal behind all ranking/matchmaking systems. But what we’ve seen after, what now? Fifteen years of Halo? What we’ve seen is that it can’t be done. Personally I think Halo 4 comes closer to matching people of equal skill, but everyone still seems to hate that they can’t see a number next to their, or anyone else’s, name. Maybe Halo 5 will give people their number AND match them appropriately, but as you have pointed out, it doesn’t seem to be doing too well so far, at least on this score. Then again, it is only a beta…

> 2533274873843883;3:
> “We want a ranking system where everyone goes 1 in K/D, in every match they play, a strict one!”
> I think this has always been the ideal behind all ranking/matchmaking systems. But what we’ve seen after, what now? Fifteen years of Halo? What we’ve seen is that it can’t be done. Personally I think Halo 4 comes closer to matching people of equal skill, but everyone still seems to hate that they can’t see a number next to their, or anyone else’s, name. Maybe Halo 5 will give people their number AND match them appropriately, but as you have pointed out, it doesn’t seem to be doing too well so far, at least on this score. Then again, it is only a beta…

The idea behind 343’s ranking system is to get games as fast as possible.

No, in Halo 4, a 50 could meet a 1 - That is not a ranking system, because it didn’t put equal players in the same game. They failed with Halo 4, MCC and this one as well, at least the beta. In none of them they have managed to match people of equal skill.

> 2533274805230315;4:
> > 2533274873843883;3:
> > “We want a ranking system where everyone goes 1 in K/D, in every match they play, a strict one!”
> > I think this has always been the ideal behind all ranking/matchmaking systems. But what we’ve seen after, what now? Fifteen years of Halo? What we’ve seen is that it can’t be done. Personally I think Halo 4 comes closer to matching people of equal skill, but everyone still seems to hate that they can’t see a number next to their, or anyone else’s, name. Maybe Halo 5 will give people their number AND match them appropriately, but as you have pointed out, it doesn’t seem to be doing too well so far, at least on this score. Then again, it is only a beta…
>
>
> No, in Halo 4, a 50 could meet a 1 - That is not a ranking system, because it didn’t rank people of equal skill. They failed with Halo 4, MCC and this one as well. In none of them they have managed to match people of equal skill.

Ranks in Halo 4 were not skill-based. A CSR10 playing against a CSR130 could be an even match because their actual “skill based rank” was hidden and unknown to any but the matchmaking servers.

Remember though, that ultimately ANY matchmaking system will throw together players of mis-matched skill IF it has to do so in order to get a TIMELY match. How long do you think all these Pro try-hards would hang around Halo if they had to sit in the Team Slayer lobby for half an hour in the run up to every match they played?

> 2533274873843883;5:
> > 2533274805230315;4:
> > > 2533274873843883;3:
> > > “We want a ranking system where everyone goes 1 in K/D, in every match they play, a strict one!”
> > > I think this has always been the ideal behind all ranking/matchmaking systems. But what we’ve seen after, what now? Fifteen years of Halo? What we’ve seen is that it can’t be done. Personally I think Halo 4 comes closer to matching people of equal skill, but everyone still seems to hate that they can’t see a number next to their, or anyone else’s, name. Maybe Halo 5 will give people their number AND match them appropriately, but as you have pointed out, it doesn’t seem to be doing too well so far, at least on this score. Then again, it is only a beta…
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > No, in Halo 4, a 50 could meet a 1 - That is not a ranking system, because it didn’t rank people of equal skill. They failed with Halo 4, MCC and this one as well. In none of them they have managed to match people of equal skill.
>
>
>
> Ranks in Halo 4 were not skill-based. A CSR10 playing against a CSR130 could be an even match because their actual “skill based rank” was hidden and unknown to any but the matchmaking servers.
>
> Remember though, that ultimately ANY matchmaking system will throw together players of mis-matched skill IF it has to do so in order to get a TIMELY match. How long do you think all these Pro try-hards would hang around Halo if they had to sit in the Team Slayer lobby for half an hour in the run up to every match they played?

No, you could check the ranks on this website. Any 50 could meet a level one. And no, it didn’t take them 30 minutes, more like 1-3 in Halo 3, where it required that you were of equal skill level before it matched you with someone.

> 2533274805230315;6:
> > 2533274873843883;5:
> >
>
>
> No, you could check the ranks on this website. Any 50 could meet a level one. And no, it didn’t take them 30 minutes, more like 1-3 in Halo 3, where it required that you were of equal skill level before it matched you with someone.

Halo 3 DoD have a pretty good matching system. I always had close games that were always adrenaline pumping.

> 2533274809388591;7:
> > 2533274805230315;6:
> > > 2533274873843883;5:
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > No, you could check the ranks on this website. Any 50 could meet a level one. And no, it didn’t take them 30 minutes, more like 1-3 in Halo 3, where it required that you were of equal skill level before it matched you with someone.
>
>
> Halo 3 DoD have a pretty good matching system. I always had close games that were always adrenaline pumping.

It had a better ranking system than what we have now, that is for sure. They need to add more ranks after Semi pro (Just for the sake of adding more ranks). 1500 rating points for 1 rank is stupid. 1500-1600 Emerald, 1600-1700 Ruby and so on (Or something entirely else up to 3000).

> 2533274809388591;7:
> > 2533274805230315;6:
> > > 2533274873843883;5:
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > No, you could check the ranks on this website. Any 50 could meet a level one. And no, it didn’t take them 30 minutes, more like 1-3 in Halo 3, where it required that you were of equal skill level before it matched you with someone.
>
>
> Halo 3 DoD have a pretty good matching system. I always had close games that were always adrenaline pumping.

The biggest problem with Halo 3 is that it was based off of Wins/Losses. You can’t determine personal skill off of the team’s victory. There are way too many variable that have nothing to do with the individual player’s skill.

Not everyone will get semi-pro. Cause you don’t just get experience for just playing like most other games out there. You have to win, and play decently in order to rank up or get xp.

> 2533274821269382;10:
> Not everyone will get semi-pro. Cause you don’t just get experience for just playing like most other games out there. You have to win, and play decently in order to rank up or get xp.

Semi-pro goes from 1500-3000. That’s so many different skill levels!

When the best proceeds to rank up, the worse will follow and eventually everyone will be semi-pro. While this isn’t exactly like chess ELO, a mid-player in chess is around 1600.

LOL I think I deserve to be at least semi pro. I mean a 3.0 k/d and an 11KDA is better than anyone else I have seen. I am tired of jsut dominating Silver, Onyx, and gold scrubs

> 2533274818188380;9:
> > 2533274809388591;7:
> > > 2533274805230315;6:
> > > > 2533274873843883;5:
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > No, you could check the ranks on this website. Any 50 could meet a level one. And no, it didn’t take them 30 minutes, more like 1-3 in Halo 3, where it required that you were of equal skill level before it matched you with someone.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Halo 3 DoD have a pretty good matching system. I always had close games that were always adrenaline pumping.
>
>
>
>
> The biggest problem with Halo 3 is that it was based off of Wins/Losses. You can’t determine personal skill off of the team’s victory. There are way too many variable that have nothing to do with the individual player’s skill.

So is this ranking system, except that you get randoms on your team all the time. If this was the 1-50 I would not have gotten these bad kids on my team. We are not the same skill level at all! That was my last game before I ragequit my xbox.
http://i.imgur.com/tAfGzdK.png
http://i.imgur.com/5aztouB.pngI want the ranking system to be win/loss like it is, but it needs to be stricter! There needs to be way more tiers, and the same tier should only play with the same tiers.

> 2533274809388591;2:
> Amen! I’m not a pro but I am also not to bad, especially with a communicating team. However I always end up with the team that threw away their xbox one mics and decided to play an FPS for the first time.

Amen again. That is really to me the most frustrating thing. Its bad enough when have the top 1 or 2 kill counts in the game and you still lose. What adds insult to injury is knowing that the team loss is dropping you in rank even when you put in mad work.

> 2533274793586002;14:
> > 2533274809388591;2:
> > Amen! I’m not a pro but I am also not to bad, especially with a communicating team. However I always end up with the team that threw away their xbox one mics and decided to play an FPS for the first time.
>
>
> Amen again. That is really to me the most frustrating thing. Its bad enough when have the top 1 or 2 kill counts in the game and you still lose. What adds insult to injury is knowing that the team loss is dropping you in rank even when you put in mad work.

I am fine with that, but 343 just has to make it stricter. There are so many bad onyx, semi-pro and pro kids. 343 needs 15 tiers (and every tier can only match 1 up or 1 down tier), and let semi pro be the last 500 rating points and the top 200 of them be pro.