32 vs 32 player matches?

At first this seems like it would be awesome but I’m not sure anymore. 8 vs 8 is already chaotic which can be fun. However I’ve started preferring 4 vs 4 matches. Also yesterday I played team doubles which I’ve hardly done yet, what an awesome mode. 2 vs 2 feels so personal and tense. Loved it.

Jetpacks into thread
I do best in that chaos… :smiley: I hide in pain sight, no one expecting what happens next!

If they set up the VBTB (Very Big Team Battle) maps correctly, it’d be fine.

I’d imagine VBTB would need some specific AAs, weapons, and vehicles alongside normal ones to work best. AAs that allow for faster travel, for instance (A “Spartan Jetpack” that actually allows you to jet around for short distances, alongside the “regular infantry Jetpack”). Vehicles like jets. Longer-ranged snipers. Etc.

Just off the top of my head, these. 32v32, or just 16v16 could work just as well as 8v8, as long as they plan it out well.

32v32 seems a bit small. I would like to see 64v64 since xbox one will have a super hardware. Imagine in very large maps using broadsword, banshee, pelican basically at least 1 vehicle of all vehicles of halo franchise :smiley:

I’d rather have 16 players with 30+ AI.

But that’s just me spending too much time with my AI collections…

It would be awesome if you were able to control a squad of marines or Spartans.

> I’d rather have 16 players with 30+ AI.
>
> But that’s just me spending too much time with my AI collections…

It would be nice if we had a gametype where each player gets a Fireteam of two or three AIs that do what they’re told. And the Cloud is supposed to support loads of AI, so there shouldn’t be a problem…

This isnt Halo anymore…

> This isnt Halo anymore…

Increased player count has been asked for since halo 2’s announcement so it’s pretty much halo. It doesn’t remove 4v4 just makes the BTB fans feel more appreciated with the huge scale warfare that will occur which is awesome.

> This isnt Halo anymore…

No, it just isn’t compatible with your limited, arbitrary view of what “true Halo” is.

I think Bigger BTB would be great (in addition to regular BTB of course). And if you don’t like it… don’t play it.

As long as it comes with maps and hardware capable of sustaining such carnage, I’d be all for it. I’ve been asking for this since Halo 3.

There’s literally no reason why this wasn’t possible even on current generation, heck, even last generation hardware. Star Wars Battlefront pulled it off in, what, 2006? It doesn’t seem like it would be too tough.

And for all you H:Custom Edition folks, ever heard of hugeass or coldsnap? Those were some cool maps.

> 32v32 seems a bit small. I would like to see 64v64 since xbox one will have a super hardware. Imagine in very large maps using broadsword, banshee, pelican basically at least 1 vehicle of all vehicles of halo franchise :smiley:

I can just imagine the glorious chaos right now…it’s beautiful. Broadswords crashing down, while Pelicans are dropping troops off to meet their doom, Warthogs racing away from Revenants while their gunners try to gun them down, Mantis’ mowing down troops, and with Scarabs dropping from orbit crushing them. Combined might of Scorpions/Hornets/Falcons coming to bring them down.

. Elites battling Spartans in CQC and ranged combat. Ships falling from the sky, as battles rage above, crushing any that’s below. Causing walls of smoke to rise, hindering infantry sight lines. Banshees being struck down by Shortswords and Longswords engaging Seraphs…while both being shot at by enemy Anti-Air.

> > 32v32 seems a bit small. I would like to see 64v64 since xbox one will have a super hardware. Imagine in very large maps using broadsword, banshee, pelican basically at least 1 vehicle of all vehicles of halo franchise :smiley:
>
> I can just imagine the glorious chaos right now…it’s beautiful. Broadswords crashing down, while Pelicans are dropping troops off to meet their doom, Warthogs racing away from Revenants while their gunners try to gun them down, Mantis’ mowing down troops, and with Scarabs dropping from orbit crushing them. Combined might of Scorpions/Hornets/Falcons coming to bring them down.
>
> . Elites battling Spartans in CQC and ranged combat. Ships falling from the sky, as battles rage above, crushing any that’s below. Causing walls of smoke to rise, hindering infantry sight lines. Banshees being struck down by Shortswords and Longswords engaging Seraphs…while both being shot at by enemy Anti-Air.

Don’t forget the Scarabs and Mammoths…

What happened to 16v16? Jumped right to 32v32?

> What happened to 16v16? Jumped right to 32v32?

If it can support 32 v 32, then why not?

> What happened to 16v16? Jumped right to 32v32?

Why double the standard when you can quadruple it?

Common Sense would say that this will work but only in selected game types and not all game variants would benefit with 64 in the room. I would never want to see Swat with 32 vs 32 as an example of something that should stay 16 vs 16 or less.

More players in the game will work if the maps can accommodate them and offer a playable space.

Would definitely like to see higher player counts, makes it lively both on the field and through team chat lol

With the possibility of up to 64 player the mode that would benefit the most in my opinion would be Multiteam because each team could have a significant number of players like a eight teammates each on eight teams compared to the 3 or 4 players to 4 or 5 teams.