30FPS for XBone? Or has 60 been confirmed?

Something that I just realized – Chris Lee specifically calls out that the Demo is ‘representative’ of XSX. From wccftech: “The gameplay demo is a great example of how we’re running on Xbox Series X, you’ll be able to run at a solid 60 frames per second at up to 4K resolution. We’re bringing the highest fidelity experience that we’ve ever created. We’re able to do more than 10 times the processing power per pixel that we were able to do in Halo 5, which just allows us to create this experience that’s unlike anything that we’ve had in Halo before. In Halo Infinite we’ve really harnessed a lot of advanced rendering techniques, but also the immense power of the Xbox Series X.” (emphasis added)

So, he’s focusing on the locked 60FPS (‘rock solid’) with dynamic resolution scaling much like H5 (‘up to 4k’) – but notice he doesn’t say anything about target specs for OG Xbone or even the One X. Combined with Phil’s emphasis that ‘games will look best and play best on Xbox Series X’, could these be clues that 1080p30fps is the target for Infinite for Xbone? I think this could be the case for campaign, as multiplayer would have to still be 60fps as they’ve confirmed cross-generational support.

Does anyone have confirmation Infinite will be 60fps on all platforms? If so, please provide with link. If not, then it will definitely solve the dilemma for me and I am going to get a Series X day one.

Thanks.

No confirmations but I believe Halo 5 and the MCC both run at 1080p and 60fps, so i would say it’s fairly safe to assume Infinite will as well.

> 2533274833164531;2:
> No confirmations but I believe Halo 5 and the MCC both run at 1080p and 60fps, so i would say it’s fairly safe to assume Infinite will as well.

Great points, and this has been my assumption thus far. However, with the open world, it could end up being a necessary trade off. And right now afaik it’s just that, an assumption. Would be nice to get confirmation either way.

Most likely will be 60 but the reso will most likely be reduced/have dynamic resolution in place.

Framerates generally outweigh resolution and graphics considerations to the shooter crowd, so I would expect 343i to make that the priority for even the lowest fidelity version of the game to feature.

It’s entirely possible that they offer a performance/graphics mode though, which would allow for players to make their own choice as to what they’d like emphasized.

It has been confirmed to be 60 frames per second. I don’t have a link on hand, but it’s mentioned in the video after the demo ended.

Edit: Nevermind, read the title and not the OP.

> 2533274861158694;5:
> Framerates generally outweigh resolution and graphics considerations to the shooter crowd, so I would expect 343i to make that the priority for even the lowest fidelity version of the game to feature.
>
> It’s entirely possible that they offer a performance/graphics mode though, which would allow for players to make their own choice as to what they’d like emphasized.

I especially hope that’s the case with the Ray Tracing update. With the lighting being a bit of a letdown, I will happy run my XSX at lower resolution than 4k to get some next gen graphics, while still keeping 60fps.

I think that will have to be the tradeoff. But I’ll take upscaled 1440p with ray tracing over 4k without (as DF said).

> 2533274833164531;2:
> No confirmations but I believe Halo 5 and the MCC both run at 1080p and 60fps, so i would say it’s fairly safe to assume Infinite will as well.

I think it reaches 60fps on the Xbox One X, but i’m pretty sure it’s still 30fps on OG Xbox One in Halo 5. There is a big difference in performance between the Xbox One consoles. If Halo Infinite can run on the OG Xbox One, the graphics would have to be seriously scalable. Since the game is also releasing on PC, there is a good chance it’ll run (acceptably well) on low-end setups, which is cool.

Halo5 is 1080p60fps with dynamic scaling on OG Xbox – so it would indeed be a step back if Infinite had to run 30fps. I think it’s very likely 60fps across all titles, just pointing out I haven’t seen confirmation.

An advantage of the slipspace engine, is that it is helluva lot more flexible and modern, which translates to better performance automatically.
The now aged BLAM! Halo engine, had been in use since 2001 in CE and had thus run its course, it was overly complicated to work with, flawed beyond recognition and a 343 employee once stated regarding CE in MCC that it metaphorically runs on ‘digital duct tape’’.

I think after the graphics controversy they should make it either 1080p/4k 30 on Xbox One, or have some sort of dynamic resolution scaling + less particle effects to maintain near 60 FPS, if it is so important. Kind of like how Black Ops 3 looked on the Xbox 360.

That way they can focus on giving Series X and PC players a next-gen experience and scale *down* for Xbox One players, instead of building an Xbox One game and scaling *up* for Series X/PC like they are doing at the moment, for example stating that raytracing for Infinite is coming in a patch post-launch.