30 second AI preview idea

So I was playing Halo 2 LASO today and thought a really cool feature for Halo 5 campaign would be if you could go into this 30 invincibility mode. What you could do with the 30 seconds is plan what direction to take and see how much fire you would come under for a given direction. The player would not be able to shoot, and the enemies would shoot but not be able to damage the player. After 30 seconds, the player is transported back to where they began the 30 second preview.

This would allow the player to practice a jump or try and see what way would be better to navigate a room full of enemies. The player could only use this when they aren’t too close to enemies or aren’t in combat.

To fit into the lore, if anyone really cares, this could be a played out calculation by an AI to determine which way the Spartan should go.

Thoughts?

no!!!

> 2533274884116647;2:
> no!!!

Ok, but why?

Why?

Why not just try the section, and if you die, you die. Then you can respawn and try the section again with better knowledge of what is to come.

> 2533274860199253;4:
> Why?
>
> Why not just try the section, and if you die, you die. Then you can respawn and try the section again with better knowledge of what is to come.

This. Halo has always been about exploration of the unknown with nothing but a small little proximity radar to assist you. Careful exploration should be its own reward. We shouldn’t have to be spoon fed everything to dumb down the game to make it easier.

I want Halo 5 to be like Halo CE in level design. The second mission, Halo was unlike anything I had played before at the time. I didn’t just have to run down linear paths and go through scripted events. I had marines to save, and I could do it in any order I want.