3 things you liked, 3 things you didn't like

So, let’s make things fair. Name the top three things you did like, and the top three things you didn’t like, about Halo 5. Should keep the feedback balanced.

Three things I liked:

1. Exuberant Witness. She was adorable and a welcome addition to the story.

2. Multiplayer. The combat feels balanced and competitive again!

3. Redesign of the Forerunner weaponry. They have a unique functionality now

Three things I didn’t like

1. Basically the entire plot of the story.

Not only reviving Cortana, but using her as the main antagonist; minimal presence of Master Chief; completely BS marketing campaign2) Some of the redesigns of existing technology. Namely the Wraith and Rocket Launcher

1. Microtransactions. I know they’re of minimal presence, but Warzone is basically pay-to-win, and the Req packs are designed to be addictive to make you buy.

i pretty much agree with you on all points
and i didnt like Locke, he was pretty much the main character and was boring which is not a good combo

Warzone looks fun
Stripped out most armor abilities

Dislikes:
Sprinting
Thrusting
Clamber

Unfortunately, the dislikes outweighed the likes and I won’t buy Halo 5 because of it.

2.- second to last mission
3.- grunts most be the funniest in the series

Dislikes:
1.- The Halo communty is terrible at times and just like to whine about every single thing
2.- I was expecting more of a fight between Osiris and Blue Team
3.- I was hoping for Jul 'Mdama to be a boss fight instead of a General Grievous (a “badass” that

dies way to fast and way to easy)

The idea behind warzone and how it would work
The re-balanced weapons for multiplayer
several of the maps (only stormbreak for warzone, the rest for arena)

Dislike:

The fact cortana is killing millions and her only thing to say to Master Chief is im gonna lock you up to protect you…The micro transactions are already playing an effect, watching as an ONI scorpion finally gets killed just to have them bring an ultra banshee
The map design for the warzone maps, big but not truly big enough for a tank for banshee to support in the best manner, or how the bases are set up

That my main thing, the REQ pack i felt got outta hand with having to find and unlock EVERYTHING, including emblems :confused: but overall not too upset with it as a whole, maybe some spawn spots fixed and more evened match making and the game will be just fine.

Liked:
Warzone
Weapon skins
Vehicle variants

Dont like:
armor customization system (or lack there of)
emblem customization (or lack there of)
pelicans (lack there of for multiplayer and the look. I like the older model of pelicans better)

Like:

• The campaign. It was fun as hell. - New vehicle and weapon designs. - I feel like a super soldier now.Dislike:

• AR + spartan charge noobs. They’re aggrivating. - Motion tracker sucks. It’s so bad that you can get assassinated by a player moving at full speed yet you’ll never see him on the radar. - No Halo 3 style skill play. What I mean by this is that in Halo 3, if an enemy starts shooting you from behind, you could turn around and kill him if you were better. You could even be a badass and charge into a group of 3 enemies for a triple kill if you were good enough. Such is not the case with Halo 5. If you get shot from behind, you either have to run or you have to try your best to turn around and fight. But you’ll almost always die. That is one thing I hate the most.

Like:

1. Spartan abilities.
    Although in the end I hated halo 4 MP I did like the thrust ability as it got me out of the -Yoink- on many occasions so it’s God to have the mechanic back.
    God I love ground pound too.

2: campaign co-op.
Great experience with mates.

3: the new weapons.
Plasma caster and hydra are great fun.

Dislikes:

1. Storyline.
    Didnt realy get much from it as I haven’t really explored much of the cannon outside of the campaigns.

2: warzone.
im not saying I hate it as it’s got loads of potential but the pure number of people shooting at you makes it really difficult to capture objectives if your not partied up with 3/4 likeminded players.

3: lack of area multiplayer maps.
Some seem a bit bland and I struggle to imagine them growing fondly in the memory in years to come. Maybe with exception to plaza.
excited to see the future DLC.

> 2811398874529013;3:
> Likes:
> Equal starts in arena
> Warzone looks fun
> Stripped out most armor abilities
>
> Dislikes:
> Sprinting
> Thrusting
> Clamber
>
> Unfortunately, the dislikes outweighed the likes and I won’t buy Halo 5 because of it.

Good on you for disliking things that you have never played /s

> 2533274806689453;9:
> > 2811398874529013;3:
> > Likes:
> > Equal starts in arena
> > Warzone looks fun
> > Stripped out most armor abilities
> >
> > Dislikes:
> > Sprinting
> > Thrusting
> > Clamber
> >
> > Unfortunately, the dislikes outweighed the likes and I won’t buy Halo 5 because of it.
>
>
> Good on you for disliking things that you have never played /s

I played the beta. I don’t like those gameplay mechanics in a Halo game.

I liked…

• The places of the Campaign, Genesis, Merian and Sanghelios are so beautiful, the design of the levels
  • The REQ system
  • Multiplayer
    I disliked…
  • Lack of enemies in the Campaign.
  • Feeling of have completed a half Campaign.
  • Orion and Scattershot. It’s so weak.

And yeah, Exuberant is great :smiley:

What I like:
The new Promethean weapon redesign
Plaza
BRs
What I do not like:
The really really really -Yoink- map and game variant rotation in SWAT
The rocket launcher
Spartan charge
Orion

The 3 likes:

• I actually like the campaign, not just the game-play, but the plot as well… to take you across multiple planets, spanning the galaxy far more than you have in any previous Halo title, incorporating several awesome characters instead of just one, including the BLUE TEAM, then for the cliffhanger ending everyone complains about… I thought that was a fascinating way to go that will lead up to a long wait for Halo 6, and a whole lot of speculation as to how this will end for the Chief!

• I agree, the MP in general feels balanced, competitive, and skill-oriented again. The playlists are all fun that I’ve tried so far, and in my limited time Breakout seems like a great mode I’ll be spending a fair amount of time in.

• The community. Halo fans are pretty devout and I love what Waypoint offers in the way of the forums / Spartan companies and team building for Halo 5 (Join Spartan Dads!). No other game that I’ve played on the Xbox One (haven’t tried Destiny) gives you so many like-minded fans of the series to interact with.

The 3 dislikes:

• The most obvious one… never sacrifice local MP and split-screen play for stupid graphics. People and friends, hanging out with others to crank through campaigns or experience MP together with will ALWAYS be more important than how pretty a game looks, and that was a pretty awful reasoning for taking out one of the greatest staples of the Halo franchise.

• Thus far, there are very, very few MP maps to play on, particularly in Breakout (3 total I believe, but I’ve played 2 90% of the time and the other 1 once). Even in other playlists though there aren’t too many. Thankfully, I know this is being rectified soon in additional content, but for now, it’s a gripe.

• I was going to say Warzone, but that seems pretty unfair of me, considering I’ve only played one match on it to determine it boring and too over-the-top for me. So the final gripe will be… REQ packs. I just think they’re stupid and very gimmicky. Spend points and cross your fingers for cool items! Oh boy oh boy what will my next card pack contain?!! A better way was, for example, how they did it in Halo 3. Give someone objectives to complete in order to unlock armor, features, etc… the harder the objective, the better the reward. Find all the skulls for the Hayabusa armor, for example. THAT was a fun way to unlock gear and items. Not random chance and giggles while you open virtual card packs.

BONUS dislike:

• The armor abilities all Spartans possess now. I hate the thruster pack with a passion, unless it’s being used to span a distance to a ledge or something. In combat, it’s straight up annoying as all get up. The Spartan Gronk Smash is ok in the campaign, but almost entirely worthless in MP from my experience so far.

> 2811398874529013;10:
> > 2533274806689453;9:
> > > 2811398874529013;3:
> > > Likes:
> > > Equal starts in arena
> > > Warzone looks fun
> > > Stripped out most armor abilities
> > >
> > > Dislikes:
> > > Sprinting
> > > Thrusting
> > > Clamber
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, the dislikes outweighed the likes and I won’t buy Halo 5 because of it.
> >
> >
> > Good on you for disliking things that you have never played /s
>
>
> I played the beta. I don’t like those gameplay mechanics in a Halo game.

Seeing as you have played very little halo since Halo 2 it seems like you are stuck in nostalgia land and dislike new mechanics because they are not Halo 2.

The new spartan abilities play very well and besides needing a better radar to see the enemy sprinting at you to shoulder charge, add to the Halo experience.
As many people in the forums will tell you things changed from the beta and not even giving the game a try because you believe the new abilities make it “not halo” is shortsighted and just sets you up to never enjoy sequels to anything again.

> 2533274806689453;14:
> > 2811398874529013;10:
> > > 2533274806689453;9:
> > > > 2811398874529013;3:
> > > > Likes:
> > > > Equal starts in arena
> > > > Warzone looks fun
> > > > Stripped out most armor abilities
> > > >
> > > > Dislikes:
> > > > Sprinting
> > > > Thrusting
> > > > Clamber
> > > >
> > > > Unfortunately, the dislikes outweighed the likes and I won’t buy Halo 5 because of it.
> > >
> > >
> > > Good on you for disliking things that you have never played /s
> >
> >
> > I played the beta. I don’t like those gameplay mechanics in a Halo game.
>
>
> Seeing as you have played very little halo since Halo 2 it seems like you are stuck in nostalgia land and dislike new mechanics because they are not Halo 2.
>
> The new spartan abilities play very well and besides needing a better radar to see the enemy sprinting at you to shoulder charge, add to the Halo experience.
> As many people in the forums will tell you things changed from the beta and not even giving the game a try because you believe the new abilities make it “not halo” is shortsighted and just sets you up to never enjoy sequels to anything again.

I’m aware of the changes. They nerfed sprinting speed and raised the base speed. However, nerfing a bad mechanic still leaves you with a bad mechanic. I’m not opposed to things being added to Halo, as long as they’re done carefully and are respectful to the original formula. This newfound emphasis on speed and coming up with zany ways to zip around the map kills the flow and pacing of Halo. It takes away emphasis from gunplay and places more emphasis on movement.

For what it’s worth, I like the idea of Warzone. That’s a good addition for 343 to make. If just rather play Warzone without sprinting. I, Halo 4, sprinting lessened the effectiveness of vehicles.

-Warzone. Adds some more variety besides straight up BTB all the time
-Story. I’ve always been a Halo lore lover.
-Weaponry. The modifications to forerunner weapons as well as the tweaks to certain others fits just fine.

DISLIKES
-The new radar. It’s terrible. Horrible. Pretty much a game breaker for anything Arena related.
-The aiming. It feels like my shots just no longer hit, even though i’ve turned my sensitivity down to 4 when I used to play at a 7 in every Halo game before this one.
-Spawning. Quite often do I spawn in the worst spots, ESPECIALLY in SWAT.

I’m to the point where I’ll play warzone if I game alone, and will only go into Arena when my friends are playing. If I can’t somewhat rely on my radar, I’d rather have my buddies that can actually call out locations.

Don’t like that custom games and forge is online only they need to patch this

1)The checkpoint save system for campaign, great for saving when your solo legendary run pisses you off and you decide to do a different level
2) Multiplayer so far aside from a few aggravating SWAT spawns i have had an amazing time playing
3) a ton of Armors Helmets and visors although not as customizable like it was in reach

Dislikes

1. not enough chief missions in campaign i men i liked the story but it feels like they cut some of it out like we were missing a level or 2
  2. the fact that if i want to earn XP and Req points fast I have to play warzone assault since it gives the best reward for the average game time I think arena should earn more of both per game
    3)certain game modes are missing maps i feel I’ve only played 4 maps in slayer in like 40 matches

> 2533274800273892;17:
> Don’t like that custom games and forge is online only they need to patch this

But theres no split screen so i mean your gonna custom vs yourself?

> 2811398874529013;3:
> Likes:
> Equal starts in arena
> Warzone looks fun
> Stripped out most armor abilities
>
> Dislikes:
> Sprinting
> Thrusting
> Clamber
>
> Unfortunately, the dislikes outweighed the likes and I won’t buy Halo 5 because of it.

you are dumb