3 Steps Forward & 1 Step Back

Hello Spartans, let me start by saying this post is simply my opinion and I want to share that opinion to see what my fellow Halo players think because after all it’s us that make the game what it is. This post is solely based on my experience with the multiplayer and my thoughts on ways that 343 have improved the series but also to make mention of some of the mistakes they have made. Now that I have got the disclaimer out of the way ( not that it will help stop the trolls from coming) lets dive in.

Most people like to start with the bad but I’m not going to do that I’m going the positive route.

Pros:

Customization:

I wanted to start with this because I believe this is something every Halo player has been waiting on. 343 has done a very good job of given us a multitude of new helmets, armors, visors, stances, and gun skins. It is refreshing to see new and awesome looking spartans on the battlefield. As for the guns skins I think 343 made a very good move implementing this because there is nothing more refreshing than having something that feels like your own. On the flip side of that coin I also enjoy the envy of picking someone else’s gun up that has a good looking skin on it and thinking to myself man I really hate this guy because I want that skin. Overall the new customization options in the series is a huge plus.

Req System/Req Packs:

I know this is a very touchy subject for old school Halo players (Keep in mind I’m one of those old dogs) however I think the implementation of this feature was a good move for the series. This is something fresh and I think unique for Halo plus who doesn’t like opening rewards after a hard fought battle. IMO a very cool new feature for the series and I’m looking forward to see what they have in store to make it better.

Visuals/Sounds:

I really like the new player model / weapon visuals. I think 343 has done a good job with making these improvements. Not really to much to elaborate on here other than it feels good catching myself sometimes stopping to look at the detail of a weapon that I’ve picked up or admiring a fellow Spartans armor. As for the sounds I think this was one of the biggest improvements of all. There is just something -Yoink!- about hearing a new sticky gernade charging up to blow up right on the face of the enemy you stuck it on. I really like the sound improvements made for the series I think it makes the gameplay more enjoyable for players and spectators both.

Warzone/Warzone Assault:

I’m usually not a fan of new game types coming into a game that is so far left of what that brand has been built on. In this case I don’t feel that way, I really like the addition of the warzone game type simply because this will bring a different style of player to the Halo series and drawing in more players is never a bad thing. Now when it comes to the Warzone Assault game type I see the promise there but it needs some major balancing patches done to it. So I will give more on this subject after a couple of patches have been done.

In conclusion these are just some positive standouts that I feel like were worth mentioning I’m sure I missed a lot of things that you may think are great additions and if so please share them in comments.

Now on to the negative…

Cons:

Maps:

Ok Spartans this is my biggest issue with Halo 5 and it’s a major issue in my book! Let me start by saying Halo has always been known for its legendary maps and map layouts. Well I could say that for Halo 5 but I would be bold face lying to you if I did. The maps for Halo 5 are the worst I have ever seen in any game let alone a Halo game. They all look, feel and are pretty much laid out the same throughout the arena mode. The thing Halo has done very well over the years is structure it’s maps to be perfectly playable for every type of situation, that has become non existent in Halo 5. I’ve found that on most maps there is no line of site if you don’t know what I mean let me explain… Remember the days of being in the sniper tower of Ascension guiding your team to a tactical take over being able to see the enemies every move… or running up the beach head of High Grounds some of you going low to infiltrate the base and the rest of you standing on the front lines distracting the enemy from the underground takeover and do I really need to mention the epic standoffs that happened in the sniper cave during those times? Those are just a few examples of what’s missing from Halo 5. What I mean is the maps feel very dull and have no character to them. Im willing to bet that most of everyone that reads this post favorite map is Plaza! I may be wrong in saying that but I’m only saying that because that is really the only map that has some character. I don’t know how you guys feel about this but I think 343 has dropped the ball when it comes to map character and layout.

Charge/Aim Hang:

Ok charge and aim hang (If this term becomes popular remember I said it here first). I will start with what I call Aim Hang… Aim Hang is when you jump and aim your weapon and there is a hanging or floating in the air, the longer you hold your aim the longer you hang or float. I’m not a fan of this feature at all and I know there are others out there that don’t care for it. So all I’ll say about this feature because I know there are some of you out there that do like it is that there should be an option to turn this off if you do not want it. The people who don’t like it shouldn’t be forced to play with it on and the people who do should be able to keep it on if they choose that’s all I’m saying. On to the shoulder charge…mark my words this move is going to become the equivalent to the Quick Scope in Call Of Duty and the wall bounce/shotgun roll of Gears. I have heard so many people go nuts during games and I’ve gone nuts during games when I’ve laid a bullet after bullet into someone running straight at me just for them go into their charge and be invincible for that split second when they should have died just to kill me with a shoulder shrug. I truly hope they nerf the power of this move.

In conclusion these are some of the negative standouts that I feel like we’re worth mentioning again I’m sure I missed a lot of things that you may think that are negative so like I said before please share them in your comments.

Overall I think 343 is headed in the right direction but I do think they took a step back on somethings hence the reason for the title 3 steps forward and 1 step back. Thank you guys for reading my post and I can’t wait to read some of your responses. Until next time guys!

J WHISPERZ

Yep, even for it’s flaws, H5 is to me, the best Halo since Halo 2.

> 2765826735461579;1:
> Ok charge and aim hang (If this term becomes popular remember I said it here first). I will start with what I call Aim Hang… Aim Hang is when you jump and aim your weapon and there is a hanging or floating in the air, the longer you hold your aim the longer you hang or float. I’m not a fan of this feature at all and I know there are others out there that don’t care for it. So all I’ll say about this feature because I know there are some of you out there that do like it is that there should be an option to turn this off if you do not want it.

You mean the option that’s in the menu that let’s you turn it off? Turn off auto-stabilize…

> 2533274848586514;3:
> > 2765826735461579;1:
> > Ok charge and aim hang (If this term becomes popular remember I said it here first). I will start with what I call Aim Hang… Aim Hang is when you jump and aim your weapon and there is a hanging or floating in the air, the longer you hold your aim the longer you hang or float. I’m not a fan of this feature at all and I know there are others out there that don’t care for it. So all I’ll say about this feature because I know there are some of you out there that do like it is that there should be an option to turn this off if you do not want it.
>
>
> You mean the option that’s in the menu that let’s you turn it off? Turn off auto-stabilize…

Ahh! Thank you very much see good info… Totally missed that’s why I didn’t go on a rant about it. Thanks!

> 2533274803137071;2:
> Yep, even for it’s flaws, H5 is to me, the best Halo since Halo 2.

Exactly how I feel.