3 Spartan IIs vs 10 Spartan IIIs

I know you guys are probably going to rush to say that the Spartan II would crush the IIIs, but let me explain.
So the Spartan IIs are NOT in their MJOLNIR armor. Instead, they have just finished their augmentations and are in the middle of honing all their new super soldier abilities. They are teenagers still with no battle experience, but are in the middle of going through training. For a weapon, this Spartan team will have a combat knife for every member and anything they can scavenge.

The Spartan III team will be equipped with SPI armor and various weapons:

  • A member will have a sniper - Two will have BR-55s - three with MA5Ks

The Spartan IIs had combat experience before they got their augmentations. Not only were they trained for combat since they were six, but the ODSTs they were training against were actually out for blood, using live ammo against them in response to the casualties they took from the young Spartans. Augmentation marked the end of training and the beginning of active duty, just as soon as they finished adjusting to their augmentations.

Regarding the Spartan IIIs, it does matter which class you’re referring to. Alpha is one thing, Gamma is something entirely different.

I’m sorry, my phone was dying and I didn’t get to finish the details. This is the full match up:

3 IIs vs 10 IIIs

I know you guys are probably going to rush to say that the Spartan IIs would crush the IIIs, but let me explain.

THIS IS A TRAINING ROUND, all guns used (including Warthog turrets) will be utilizing stun rounds. They will feel like real bullets and take you down, but are not intended to kill. However, because these are Spartans, death is a high possibility.

So the Spartan IIs are NOT in their MJOLNIR armor. Instead, they have just finished their augmentations and are in the middle of honing all their new super soldier abilities. They are teenagers still with no battle experience, but are in the middle of going through training. For a weapon, this Spartan team will have a combat knife for every member and anything they can scavenge.

The Spartan III team will have already gone though combat and faced both insurrectionists and Cocenant. They will be equipped with SPI armor and various weapons and equipment:

  • Three members will have sniper rifles - Three will have BR-55s - Four with MA5Ks - Every member will have an M6 sidearm, combat knife, and medkit - The team will also have access to a Warthog and Hornet (no missiles)
    The location of this training round will be in and around the forests of ONYX where the Spartan IIIs trained giving then the home field advantage.
    Assume there is a river and mountains nearby.

THE GOAL FOR THE SPARTAN-II TEAM IS RING THE BELL. FOR THE SPARTAN-III TEAM…PROTECT THE BELL. THE BELL IS LOCATED IN A LARGE OPEN FIELD WITH NO COVER NEARBY SURROUNDED BY TREES

> 2533274883501878;2:
> The Spartan IIs had combat experience before they got their augmentations. Not only were they trained for combat since they were six, but the ODSTs they were training against were actually out for blood, using live ammo against them in response to the casualties they took from the young Spartans. Augmentation marked the end of training and the beginning of active duty, just as soon as they finished adjusting to their augmentations.
>
> Regarding the Spartan IIIs, it does matter which class you’re referring to. Alpha is one thing, Gamma is something entirely different.

Gamma company was better right?

> 2533275063920007;4:
> > 2533274883501878;2:
> > The Spartan IIs had combat experience before they got their augmentations. Not only were they trained for combat since they were six, but the ODSTs they were training against were actually out for blood, using live ammo against them in response to the casualties they took from the young Spartans. Augmentation marked the end of training and the beginning of active duty, just as soon as they finished adjusting to their augmentations.
> >
> > Regarding the Spartan IIIs, it does matter which class you’re referring to. Alpha is one thing, Gamma is something entirely different.
>
> Gamma company was better right?

Gamma Company was faster, and more aggressive. They actually got faster, stronger, and more focused when they were stressed or injured due to the concoction of illegal drugs and augmentations they had in their systems. The downside was without other drugs to counter-balance the psychosis, they’d all go full Mr Hyde and kill every living thing they encountered, regardless of the circumstances.

As for your scenario, in all honesty, the average Spartan 3 in SPI armor is likely the equivalent of the average Spartan 2 without Mjolnir if facing each-other in combat. Spartan 2 augmentations were better than those of the Spartan 3s, and Mjolnir was tougher armor with greater strength enhancing properties than SPI armor.

So 3 S3s with Spi Armor against 3 S2s without Mjolnir, and no weapons on either side would be roughly fair. Of course, Gamma Company would probably be much more dangerous in close combat than the other classes of Spartan 3s.

Don’t know why people would rush to say the S-II’s would win. With three times their number and SPI armor, the S-II’s don’t have much of a chance, even without the random experience handlecap you’ve given them.

One side has guns, the other doesn’t. I think that you’re vastly underestimating the Spartan IIIs. Give the IIs guns and they would still probably lose.

Giving the Spartan IIs MJOLNIR would make them win, but only because it would protect them from the guns. With equal armour and weapons, the IIIs win because of their superior numbers.

Ya I might be underestimating the S-IIIs, but I just go back to thinking about how the IIs were always put in this type of situation and always won. So I just decided to mix it up, one generation vs another. So since it seems the IIIs would win,

What if the S-IIs had a 5 man team instead of 3? And we’re issued M6 sidearms. Does that seem like a more even fight?

Feel free to share your own S-II vs S-III scenarios if you want. It’s something I always find myself thinking about.

> 2533275063920007;8:
> Ya I might be underestimating the S-IIIs, but I just go back to thinking about how the IIs were always put in this type of situation and always won. So I just decided to mix it up, one generation vs another. So since it seems the IIIs would win,
>
> What if the S-IIs had a 5 man team instead of 3? And we’re issued M6 sidearms. Does that seem like a more even fight?
>
> Feel free to share your own S-II vs S-III scenarios if you want. It’s something I always find myself thinking about.

Yeah, that’s much fairer, but I’d still give it to the IIIs while they have SPI. They are even more stealthy than IIs in that.

Well in this scenario the answer is obviously the Spartan 3s.
There seems to be this big misconception about the 3rd Generation Spartans, so many people think that they are inferior to Spartan 2s.

Lets analyse this issue a little more before I explain my answer to this topic.

Spartan 2s were kidnapped children what were screened for very strict genetic parameters.
-“who were selected by a gene-candidate pool, and must fit into a certain age restriction protocol. They must also have possessed superior physical and mental attributes.” (Dr. Halsey’s Personal Journal)
Spartan 3s were ‘volunteers’ that were screened from a wider genetic pool that the Spartan 2s (though the general genetic profile was the same)
(Note: The genetic profile was needed to increase the rate of survival for the augmentation procedure. They did not magnify the effects of the augmentations themselves; it was the synergy of all augmentations acting together that did. -“The results of the augmentations on the successful candidates were unprecedented; the SPARTAN-IIs performed well beyond the projected capabilities. Dr. Halsey suspected this to be due to inexplicable, synergistic effects resulting from all the augmentations acting in concert.” (Halo Fall of Reach).

So this means that Spartan 2s were selected from the best of the best Humanity had to offer. While the Spartan 3 screening was less strict we know for a fact that some members had the genetic requirements of the Spartan 2s (Cat 2 Spartan 3s ie: Noble team for example)

For the augmentations Spartan 2s were given:
-Occipital Capillary Reversal
-Carbide Ceramic Ossification
-Catalytic Thyroid Implant
-Muscular Enhancement Injections
-Superconducting Fibrification of Neural Dendrites
Extra information: “The process of augmenting the SPARTAN-IIs was divided into two parts, surgical procedures and injection procedures. Surgeries were highly risky, intensive, and required special medical talent. Their safety and effects varied substantially from subject to subject, with the benefits and risks varying with the surgeon, the surgical conditions, and the state of the patient. Chemical augmentations have their own risks dependent upon the subject’s genetic background and how they adjust to the alteration of cells and molecules and to a more physical point, tissue growth. SPARTAN-IIs also underwent extensive gene therapy” (Halo Fall of Reach)

For Spartan 3s:
-carbide ceramic ossification catalyst" drug
-fibroid muscular protein complex" drug
-retina-inversion stabilizer" drug
-improved colloidal neural disunification solution" drug
In addition to their chemically-administered primary augmentations, Spartan-IIIs were subjected to a number of surgical alterations to enhance their capabilities.[9] Their circulatory systems were also augmented from the human baseline.
Gamma company also received:
-Neural-altering non-carcinogenic mutagen + 2 drugs to counter the negative effect of this drug
Extra Information: “The CHRYSANTHEMUM bioaugmentation set improved upon the augmentations of the SPARTAN-II program. With advances in technology, the casualty rate for Spartan-III candidates was usually 0%, as opposed to the 56% casualty rate of the Spartan-IIs. Most of the Spartan-IIIs’ augmentations were chemically induced instead of surgically implanted like many of the Spartan-II enhancements.The genetic requirements for the Spartan-III candidates were loosened from the exceedingly strict criteria of the SPARTAN-II program, although the range of compatible individuals still remained incredibly narrow, with any aberrations from the required genetic set geometrically increasing the failure rate”
(Note: These hormonal treatments supposedly replaced the catalytic thyroid implants received by the Spartan-IIs as part of their augmentation procedures. When describing the CHRYSANTHEMUM augmentations, Halo: Ghosts of Onyx does not mention the Spartan-IIIs receiving the growth hormone catalyst in the form of a thyroid implant like the Spartan-IIs. Since the Spartan-IIIs received human growth hormone months prior to receiving their augmentations, it can be inferred that the catalytic thyroid implant was rendered redundant since both serve the same purpose. )

So when we use all this data and combine it with known feats of Spartan 3s it can be inferred that Spartan 3s are physically equal or slightly weaker than Spartan 2s (except for gammas which are stronger and tougher)

As for training:
-Spartan 2s: Began September 24th 2517 and ended September 11th 2525 (so roughly 8 years of the toughest training at the time)
-Spartan 3 alpha: Began December 27th 2531 and ended in November 2536 (so roughly 5 years of tougher training than Spartan 2s)
-Spartan 3 beta: Began sometime in 2539 and ended sometime before 2545 (so roughly 6 years of tougher training than Alpha company)
-Spartan 3 gamma: Began sometime after 2544 and ended in October 2552 (so roughly 8 years of training that made them “the finest Spartans ever”)
(Note: Spartan 3 training also included analysis of Spartan 2 tactics)
(Note 2: Spartans of alpha and gamma had a Spartan 2 to train them and gamma had two Spartan 3 beta on top of that)

All this information put together leads me to believe that (on average) Spartan 3s of alpha were slightly lesser than Spartan 2s, Spartan 3s of beta were equivalent to Spartan 2, and that Spartan 3s of gamma were better than Spartan 2s (at the same age)

One more thing before I analyse the scenario.
People think that Spartan 3s are a lot smaller than Spartan 2s. This isn’t true. On AVERAGE Spartan 3s are SLIGHTLY shorter than Spartan 2s. But just like some Spartan 4s, some Spartans are of similar height to Spartan 2s (ie: Tom-B292)

Finally the scenario:
Spartan 2s: haven’t quite finished honing their capabilities, no MJOLNIR, only 3 of them
Spartan 3s: (as they are already equipped I am going to assume their training is complete at the very least), SPI armour (which does enhance the user, just not as much as MJOLNIR), they are 10, and they have weapons.

… Yeah, I think i’ll be betting on the Spartan 3s thank you very much.
The Spartan 2 are definitely the real deal, however in this scenario they have WAY too much stacked up against them. It doesn’t even matter from which company the Spartan 3s are from, nor even if they are CAT2s or not.

Sorry about the essay level response. :stuck_out_tongue:
Have a nice day!

> 2533275013370605;10:
>
> Well in this scenario the answer is obviously the Spartan 3s.
> There seems to be this big misconception about the 3rd Generation Spartans, so many people think that they are inferior to Spartan 2s.
>
> Lets analyse this issue a little more before I explain my answer to this topic.
>
> Spartan 2s were kidnapped children what were screened for very strict genetic parameters.
> -“who were selected by a gene-candidate pool, and must fit into a certain age restriction protocol. They must also have possessed superior physical and mental attributes.” (Dr. Halsey’s Personal Journal)
> Spartan 3s were ‘volunteers’ that were screened from a wider genetic pool that the Spartan 2s (though the general genetic profile was the same)
> (Note: The genetic profile was needed to increase the rate of survival for the augmentation procedure. They did not magnify the effects of the augmentations themselves; it was the synergy of all augmentations acting together that did. -“The results of the augmentations on the successful candidates were unprecedented; the SPARTAN-IIs performed well beyond the projected capabilities. Dr. Halsey suspected this to be due to inexplicable, synergistic effects resulting from all the augmentations acting in concert.” (Halo Fall of Reach).
>
> So this means that Spartan 2s were selected from the best of the best Humanity had to offer. While the Spartan 3 screening was less strict we know for a fact that some members had the genetic requirements of the Spartan 2s (Cat 2 Spartan 3s ie: Noble team for example)
>
> For the augmentations Spartan 2s were given:
> -Occipital Capillary Reversal
> -Carbide Ceramic Ossification
> -Catalytic Thyroid Implant
> -Muscular Enhancement Injections
> -Superconducting Fibrification of Neural Dendrites
> Extra information: “The process of augmenting the SPARTAN-IIs was divided into two parts, surgical procedures and injection procedures. Surgeries were highly risky, intensive, and required special medical talent. Their safety and effects varied substantially from subject to subject, with the benefits and risks varying with the surgeon, the surgical conditions, and the state of the patient. Chemical augmentations have their own risks dependent upon the subject’s genetic background and how they adjust to the alteration of cells and molecules and to a more physical point, tissue growth. SPARTAN-IIs also underwent extensive gene therapy” (Halo Fall of Reach)
>
> For Spartan 3s:
> -carbide ceramic ossification catalyst" drug
> -fibroid muscular protein complex" drug
> -retina-inversion stabilizer" drug
> -improved colloidal neural disunification solution" drug
> In addition to their chemically-administered primary augmentations, Spartan-IIIs were subjected to a number of surgical alterations to enhance their capabilities.[9] Their circulatory systems were also augmented from the human baseline.
> Gamma company also received:
> -Neural-altering non-carcinogenic mutagen + 2 drugs to counter the negative effect of this drug
> Extra Information: “The CHRYSANTHEMUM bioaugmentation set improved upon the augmentations of the SPARTAN-II program. With advances in technology, the casualty rate for Spartan-III candidates was usually 0%, as opposed to the 56% casualty rate of the Spartan-IIs. Most of the Spartan-IIIs’ augmentations were chemically induced instead of surgically implanted like many of the Spartan-II enhancements.The genetic requirements for the Spartan-III candidates were loosened from the exceedingly strict criteria of the SPARTAN-II program, although the range of compatible individuals still remained incredibly narrow, with any aberrations from the required genetic set geometrically increasing the failure rate”
> (Note: These hormonal treatments supposedly replaced the catalytic thyroid implants received by the Spartan-IIs as part of their augmentation procedures. When describing the CHRYSANTHEMUM augmentations, Halo: Ghosts of Onyx does not mention the Spartan-IIIs receiving the growth hormone catalyst in the form of a thyroid implant like the Spartan-IIs. Since the Spartan-IIIs received human growth hormone months prior to receiving their augmentations, it can be inferred that the catalytic thyroid implant was rendered redundant since both serve the same purpose. )
>
> So when we use all this data and combine it with known feats of Spartan 3s it can be inferred that Spartan 3s are physically equal or slightly weaker than Spartan 2s (except for gammas which are stronger and tougher)
>
> As for training:
> -Spartan 2s: Began September 24th 2517 and ended September 11th 2525 (so roughly 8 years of the toughest training at the time)
> -Spartan 3 alpha: Began December 27th 2531 and ended in November 2536 (so roughly 5 years of tougher training than Spartan 2s)
> -Spartan 3 beta: Began sometime in 2539 and ended sometime before 2545 (so roughly 6 years of tougher training than Alpha company)
> -Spartan 3 gamma: Began sometime after 2544 and ended in October 2552 (so roughly 8 years of training that made them “the finest Spartans ever”)
> (Note: Spartan 3 training also included analysis of Spartan 2 tactics)
> (Note 2: Spartans of alpha and gamma had a Spartan 2 to train them and gamma had two Spartan 3 beta on top of that)
>
> All this information put together leads me to believe that (on average) Spartan 3s of alpha were slightly lesser than Spartan 2s, Spartan 3s of beta were equivalent to Spartan 2, and that Spartan 3s of gamma were better than Spartan 2s (at the same age)
>
> One more thing before I analyse the scenario.
> People think that Spartan 3s are a lot smaller than Spartan 2s. This isn’t true. On AVERAGE Spartan 3s are SLIGHTLY shorter than Spartan 2s. But just like some Spartan 4s, some Spartans are of similar height to Spartan 2s (ie: Tom-B292)
>
> Finally the scenario:
> Spartan 2s: haven’t quite finished honing their capabilities, no MJOLNIR, only 3 of them
> Spartan 3s: (as they are already equipped I am going to assume their training is complete at the very least), SPI armour (which does enhance the user, just not as much as MJOLNIR), they are 10, and they have weapons.
>
> … Yeah, I think i’ll be betting on the Spartan 3s thank you very much.
> The Spartan 2 are definitely the real deal, however in this scenario they have WAY too much stacked up against them. It doesn’t even matter from which company the Spartan 3s are from, nor even if they are CAT2s or not.
>
> Sorry about the essay level response. :stuck_out_tongue:
> Have a nice day!
>

Great analysis. It’s rare to see that level of research into these topics.

> 2533275013370605;10:
> Well in this scenario the answer is obviously the Spartan 3s.
> There seems to be this big misconception about the 3rd Generation Spartans, so many people think that they are inferior to Spartan 2s.
>
> Lets analyse this issue a little more before I explain my answer to this topic.
>
> Spartan 2s were kidnapped children what were screened for very strict genetic parameters.
> -“who were selected by a gene-candidate pool, and must fit into a certain age restriction protocol. They must also have possessed superior physical and mental attributes.” (Dr. Halsey’s Personal Journal)
> Spartan 3s were ‘volunteers’ that were screened from a wider genetic pool that the Spartan 2s (though the general genetic profile was the same)
> (Note: The genetic profile was needed to increase the rate of survival for the augmentation procedure. They did not magnify the effects of the augmentations themselves; it was the synergy of all augmentations acting together that did. -“The results of the augmentations on the successful candidates were unprecedented; the SPARTAN-IIs performed well beyond the projected capabilities. Dr. Halsey suspected this to be due to inexplicable, synergistic effects resulting from all the augmentations acting in concert.” (Halo Fall of Reach).
>
> So this means that Spartan 2s were selected from the best of the best Humanity had to offer. While the Spartan 3 screening was less strict we know for a fact that some members had the genetic requirements of the Spartan 2s (Cat 2 Spartan 3s ie: Noble team for example)
>
> For the augmentations Spartan 2s were given:
> -Occipital Capillary Reversal
> -Carbide Ceramic Ossification
> -Catalytic Thyroid Implant
> -Muscular Enhancement Injections
> -Superconducting Fibrification of Neural Dendrites
> Extra information: “The process of augmenting the SPARTAN-IIs was divided into two parts, surgical procedures and injection procedures. Surgeries were highly risky, intensive, and required special medical talent. Their safety and effects varied substantially from subject to subject, with the benefits and risks varying with the surgeon, the surgical conditions, and the state of the patient. Chemical augmentations have their own risks dependent upon the subject’s genetic background and how they adjust to the alteration of cells and molecules and to a more physical point, tissue growth. SPARTAN-IIs also underwent extensive gene therapy” (Halo Fall of Reach)
>
> For Spartan 3s:
> -carbide ceramic ossification catalyst" drug
> -fibroid muscular protein complex" drug
> -retina-inversion stabilizer" drug
> -improved colloidal neural disunification solution" drug
> In addition to their chemically-administered primary augmentations, Spartan-IIIs were subjected to a number of surgical alterations to enhance their capabilities.[9] Their circulatory systems were also augmented from the human baseline.
> Gamma company also received:
> -Neural-altering non-carcinogenic mutagen + 2 drugs to counter the negative effect of this drug
> Extra Information: “The CHRYSANTHEMUM bioaugmentation set improved upon the augmentations of the SPARTAN-II program. With advances in technology, the casualty rate for Spartan-III candidates was usually 0%, as opposed to the 56% casualty rate of the Spartan-IIs. Most of the Spartan-IIIs’ augmentations were chemically induced instead of surgically implanted like many of the Spartan-II enhancements.The genetic requirements for the Spartan-III candidates were loosened from the exceedingly strict criteria of the SPARTAN-II program, although the range of compatible individuals still remained incredibly narrow, with any aberrations from the required genetic set geometrically increasing the failure rate”
> (Note: These hormonal treatments supposedly replaced the catalytic thyroid implants received by the Spartan-IIs as part of their augmentation procedures. When describing the CHRYSANTHEMUM augmentations, Halo: Ghosts of Onyx does not mention the Spartan-IIIs receiving the growth hormone catalyst in the form of a thyroid implant like the Spartan-IIs. Since the Spartan-IIIs received human growth hormone months prior to receiving their augmentations, it can be inferred that the catalytic thyroid implant was rendered redundant since both serve the same purpose. )
>
> So when we use all this data and combine it with known feats of Spartan 3s it can be inferred that Spartan 3s are physically equal or slightly weaker than Spartan 2s (except for gammas which are stronger and tougher)
>
> As for training:
> -Spartan 2s: Began September 24th 2517 and ended September 11th 2525 (so roughly 8 years of the toughest training at the time)
> -Spartan 3 alpha: Began December 27th 2531 and ended in November 2536 (so roughly 5 years of tougher training than Spartan 2s)
> -Spartan 3 beta: Began sometime in 2539 and ended sometime before 2545 (so roughly 6 years of tougher training than Alpha company)
> -Spartan 3 gamma: Began sometime after 2544 and ended in October 2552 (so roughly 8 years of training that made them “the finest Spartans ever”)
> (Note: Spartan 3 training also included analysis of Spartan 2 tactics)
> (Note 2: Spartans of alpha and gamma had a Spartan 2 to train them and gamma had two Spartan 3 beta on top of that)
>
> All this information put together leads me to believe that (on average) Spartan 3s of alpha were slightly lesser than Spartan 2s, Spartan 3s of beta were equivalent to Spartan 2, and that Spartan 3s of gamma were better than Spartan 2s (at the same age)
>
> One more thing before I analyse the scenario.
> People think that Spartan 3s are a lot smaller than Spartan 2s. This isn’t true. On AVERAGE Spartan 3s are SLIGHTLY shorter than Spartan 2s. But just like some Spartan 4s, some Spartans are of similar height to Spartan 2s (ie: Tom-B292)
>
> Finally the scenario:
> Spartan 2s: haven’t quite finished honing their capabilities, no MJOLNIR, only 3 of them
> Spartan 3s: (as they are already equipped I am going to assume their training is complete at the very least), SPI armour (which does enhance the user, just not as much as MJOLNIR), they are 10, and they have weapons.
>
> … Yeah, I think i’ll be betting on the Spartan 3s thank you very much.
> The Spartan 2 are definitely the real deal, however in this scenario they have WAY too much stacked up against them. It doesn’t even matter from which company the Spartan 3s are from, nor even if they are CAT2s or not.
>
> Sorry about the essay level response. :stuck_out_tongue:
> Have a nice day!

Ya Thanks for the analysis, I definitely learned a few things and had a few things clarified.

So now if the IIs had MJOLNIR, would they win?

> 2533275063920007;13:
> So now if the IIs had MJOLNIR, would they win?

Hmmm…
I don’t think so.
In terms of physical abilities the Spartan 2s would certainly have the edge.
However they are still outnumbered 3 to 10, they are (possibly) less experienced than the Spartan 3s, and it also depends on which company the Spartan 3s come from.
Its important to remember that the Spartans form beta and gamma work really well in groups (possibly even better teamwork than the Spartan 2s)

My verdict would be:
-If Alpha company: Spartan 2s have a chance to win but they are still at a large disadvantage
-If Beta company: I am pretty sure the Spartan 2s would loose
-If Gamma company: Same as beta

While MJOLNIR is definitely superior to SPI in ever way, this scenario still has only 3 Spartan 2s (not even an entire team) vs 10 Spartan 3s (2 entire teams).
Add to this the fact that the Spartan 3s (in this scenario) don’t have the disadvantage of less experience, have knowledge of Spartan 2 tactics and are well armed.
So yeah, I think even with MJOLNIR it won’t change the overall outcome.
What would change is the amount of casualties the Spartan 3s would take before wining, as well as giving the Spartan 2s a shot (albeit rather small) at winning.

The big factor that has me uneasy about my analysis is that I don’t know which MJONLIR they are wearing.
Mark 4? Mark 5? Mark 6? Mark 7? GEN2?
3 Mark 4 Spartan 2s would not be too hard for 10 Spartan 3s to defeat.
3 Mark 5 Spartan 2s would be trickier because of shields, but still not impossible for 10 Spartan 3s
3 Mark 6 Spartan 2s would be difficult for 10 Spartan 3s, but I am confident that at the very least Beta and Gamma would win
3 Mark 7 Spartan 2s (we don’t know the full specs of Mark 7 so its hard to say)
3 GEN2 Spartan 2s would be very difficult to defeat. GEN2 enhances Spartan 2s to the same level as Mark 6 but it also has Spartan Abilities (ie: Thrusters). This MJOLNIR would give the Spartan 2s a good shot at victory if they play their cards right. But they would probably still loose to Beta and Gamma for the same reasons I originally gave.
It also doesn’t help that GEN2’s power level seems to be all over the place: from being a Mark 6 2.0 (in Halo 4 and comics) to making the wearer a bona fide super hero (Locke’s armour trailer).

So in conclusion: The Spartan 2s have a chance to win, unlike in the older scenario where they had no chance. Their chance depends on which MJONLIR they wear. But regardless they would still be at a disadvantage against Beta and Gamma.

The fairest scenario I can think of would be:
3 Spartan 2s vs 3 Spartan 3s Beta CAT2 : all are naked, all have just finished training and augmentation.
-This fight could go either way, but I would give a slight advantage to Spartan 2s

3 Spartan 2s vs 3 Spartan 3s Gamma CAT2: same conditions
-Once again, not an easy fight. This time Gamma’s have advantage though.

A big issue with the Spartan 3s is that people don’t know many of their outliers.
In the Spartan 2s we have:
-John: Great leadership, Great skills, Great Luck
-Kelly: Almost supernaturally fast
-Fred: Arguably better skills than John, Great Leader, Great CQC
-Linda: Almost supernatural sniper
-Kurt: Bona fide spider sense.
Most people think of these guys when they think Spartan 2. So its understandable why people generalise the Spartan 2s. But some Spartan 2s were not really special like Jorge(he was big though).
Here are some Spartan 3 outliers:
-Noble 6: Great skills, Hyperlethal rating, Super Solo Assassin
-Jun: according to Halsey “as a sniper his skills are unmatched” (I would still put him below Linda based on feats)
-Mark: Praised by Fred for having Superb skills even for a Spartan, Great assassin, Great marksman

That’s all folks!

> 2533275013370605;14:
> > 2533275063920007;13:
> > So now if the IIs had MJOLNIR, would they win?
>
> Hmmm…
> I don’t think so.
> In terms of physical abilities the Spartan 2s would certainly have the edge.
> However they are still outnumbered 3 to 10, they are (possibly) less experienced than the Spartan 3s, and it also depends on which company the Spartan 3s come from.
> Its important to remember that the Spartans form beta and gamma work really well in groups (possibly even better teamwork than the Spartan 2s)
>
> My verdict would be:
> -If Alpha company: Spartan 2s have a chance to win but they are still at a large disadvantage
> -If Beta company: I am pretty sure the Spartan 2s would loose
> -If Gamma company: Same as beta
>
> While MJOLNIR is definitely superior to SPI in ever way, this scenario still has only 3 Spartan 2s (not even an entire team) vs 10 Spartan 3s (2 entire teams).
> Add to this the fact that the Spartan 3s (in this scenario) don’t have the disadvantage of less experience, have knowledge of Spartan 2 tactics and are well armed.
> So yeah, I think even with MJOLNIR it won’t change the overall outcome.
> What would change is the amount of casualties the Spartan 3s would take before wining, as well as giving the Spartan 2s a shot (albeit rather small) at winning.
>
> The big factor that has me uneasy about my analysis is that I don’t know which MJONLIR they are wearing.
> Mark 4? Mark 5? Mark 6? Mark 7? GEN2?
> 3 Mark 4 Spartan 2s would not be too hard for 10 Spartan 3s to defeat.
> 3 Mark 5 Spartan 2s would be trickier because of shields, but still not impossible for 10 Spartan 3s
> 3 Mark 6 Spartan 2s would be difficult for 10 Spartan 3s, but I am confident that at the very least Beta and Gamma would win
> 3 Mark 7 Spartan 2s (we don’t know the full specs of Mark 7 so its hard to say)
> 3 GEN2 Spartan 2s would be very difficult to defeat. GEN2 enhances Spartan 2s to the same level as Mark 6 but it also has Spartan Abilities (ie: Thrusters). This MJOLNIR would give the Spartan 2s a good shot at victory if they play their cards right. But they would probably still loose to Beta and Gamma for the same reasons I originally gave.
> It also doesn’t help that GEN2’s power level seems to be all over the place: from being a Mark 6 2.0 (in Halo 4 and comics) to making the wearer a bona fide super hero (Locke’s armour trailer).
>
> So in conclusion: The Spartan 2s have a chance to win, unlike in the older scenario where they had no chance. Their chance depends on which MJONLIR they wear. But regardless they would still be at a disadvantage against Beta and Gamma.
>
> The fairest scenario I can think of would be:
> 3 Spartan 2s vs 3 Spartan 3s Beta CAT2 : all are naked, all have just finished training and augmentation.
> -This fight could go either way, but I would give a slight advantage to Spartan 2s
>
> 3 Spartan 2s vs 3 Spartan 3s Gamma CAT2: same conditions
> -Once again, not an easy fight. This time Gamma’s have advantage though.
>
> A big issue with the Spartan 3s is that people don’t know many of their outliers.
> In the Spartan 2s we have:
> -John: Great leadership, Great skills, Great Luck
> -Kelly: Almost supernaturally fast
> -Fred: Arguably better skills than John, Great Leader, Great CQC
> -Linda: Almost supernatural sniper
> -Kurt: Bona fide spider sense.
> Most people think of these guys when they think Spartan 2. So its understandable why people generalise the Spartan 2s. But some Spartan 2s were not really special like Jorge(he was big though).
> Here are some Spartan 3 outliers:
> -Noble 6: Great skills, Hyperlethal rating, Super Solo Assassin
> -Jun: according to Halsey “as a sniper his skills are unmatched” (I would still put him below Linda based on feats)
> -Mark: Praised by Fred for having Superb skills even for a Spartan, Great assassin, Great marksman
>
> That’s all folks!

The reason I was saying 3 Spartan IIs was because of Red and Grey teams. I had them in mind when making this for some reason. I see your point. I wish there were more sources game and book wise in regards to IIIs. Maybe there are, but I just haven’t read them. I also am trying to get as much info on IIIs as I can because of a short story I am writing. Also comparisons are just fun.

> 2533275063920007;15:
> > 2533275013370605;14:
> > > 2533275063920007;13:
> > > So now if the IIs had MJOLNIR, would they win?
>
> The reason I was saying 3 Spartan IIs was because of Red and Grey teams. I had them in mind when making this for some reason. I see your point. I wish there were more sources game and book wise in regards to IIIs. Maybe there are, but I just haven’t read them. I also am trying to get as much info on IIIs as I can because of a short story I am writing. Also comparisons are just fun.

Lol, I wasn’t thinking of Grey or Red team at all. Generally the normal amount for a team is 4-5.
As for books with Spartan 3s:
-Ghosts of Onxy, Glasslands, Last Light, Halo Fractures, Halo Retribution, Halo Legacy of Onxy, Knight takes Bishop, New Blood

But one thing to remember is that in most material the Spartan 3s depicted are very young compared to Spartan 2s. They also don’t wear MJOLNIR (except in Legacy of Onyx).