3 Reasons Why Halo 5 Will FAIL

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

  1. 343 is not good at making a solidified playlist. This has been proven in Halo 4 and undoubtedly in Halo MCC. For crying out loud Team Snipers, Doubles, and Swat were going to be rotational in the MCC/Halo 4 and somewhat still are.
  2. They refuse to use the 1-50 ranking system. Halo 4 failed in part because of no visible ranking system. Halo MCC finally got one working after the population died. And in Halo 5 beta they used a failed League system(Oh how original a league system)
  3. When the game does fail 343 will do what they did with halo 4 and Halo MCC: Take forever to fix it or not fix it at all and then silently move on to their next project.
    There you have it folks. Nostradamus has spoken

I bet Halo 5 does quite well.

Your third point can’t be a reason that it will fail because you are assuming that it will fail based on the other two measly points. Derp

Let’s respond to these, shall we?

  1. The playlist management was due to a lowering population. Even though things like team snipers are great, it’s ultimately a niche playlist.

  2. So? League systems work just as good as the 1-50.

3.that’s not really a reason, that just claiming it will fail long before it’s even out.

Oh please, all-knowing prophetic one, please tell us more about the future since you seem to know so much about it.

  1. Yeah, okay, valid point.
  2. Oh boy its this nostalgia again. A ranking system is a ranking system.
  3. Their post-launch support for Halo 4 was severely lacking, but there’s no indication that Halo 5 will share the same problems.

first of all they fixed halo 4 quickly and i loved halo 4.second of all why complain about halo 5’s league system it seems fun and gives a reason to play through the whole match and not have quitters.third of all your first reason i agree with i didn’t like that almost all the good playlists in halo 4 were limited time

You have valid points. At the end of the day, it will sell well and that’s all that matters to 343/Microsoft.

Dang, was so hoping for a 1) Sprint 2) Splitscreen 3) Sprint again thread. Bummed.

Halo 4’s playlist management was lacking, at least as far as their gametypes were concerned. Infinity Slayer was held onto for too long, despite its issues. Dominion was a power weapon dominated mess that needed some attention well before it was received. It seems the H5 approach should fix some of those issues before they’re even a thing. Using MCC as a judgment for any type of playlist management is silly, that thing is a beast to control.

Your second point? Meh, opinion. 1-50 is a pretty disinteresting system for ranking players. Not sure how you can knock the originality of a league system but advocate a simple 1-50 number.

Third point? Also, kinda not really a point. Everyone is going to think fixes come to slow, regardless of the matter.

So, all in all, your points for why Halo 5 could be deficient are pretty weak.

> 2533274857398125;4:
> Let’s respond to these, shall we?
>
> 1. The playlist management was due to a lowering population. Even though things like team snipers are great, it’s ultimately a niche playlist.
>
> 2. So? League systems work just as good as the 1-50.
>
> 3.that’s not really a reason, that just claiming it will fail long before it’s even out.

This ^ and just this

I was expecting “Because it’s not Halo 2.”

> 2535435651281389;1:
> 1. 343 is not good at making a solidified playlist. This has been proven in Halo 4 and undoubtedly in Halo MCC. For crying out loud Team Snipers, Doubles, and Swat were going to be rotational in the MCC/Halo 4 and somewhat still are.
>
> 2. They refuse to use the 1-50 ranking system. Halo 4 failed in part because of no visible ranking system. Halo MCC finally got one working after the population died. And in Halo 5 beta they used a failed League system(Oh how original a league system)
>
> 3. When the game does fail 343 will do what they did with halo 4 and Halo MCC: Take forever to fix it or not fix it at all and then silently move on to their next project.
>
> There you have it folks. Nostradamus has spoken

Let’s tear down this argument one point at a time, shall we?

  1. They’ve done a good job with playlists. You can’t have too many playlists because it would spread people too far out. I’m sure they’ll figure it out with Halo 5.

  2. The league system worked fine in halo 5. I don’t see how it failed at all.

  3. When the game succeeds, all will be happy and will buy Halo 6. See how easy it is to make predictions?

Now Nostradamus, please get going. I’ve heard so many doomsday predictions since Halo 2 was released back in 2004. Everyone comes along and says Halo is dead and everyone is wrong.

As for your point about the playlist:
It all depends on the online pop. Huge online population means you can have more playlists that remain active. Halo 4’s population dropped fast. Having as many playlists as say Halo 3 in it’s prime wouldn’t have worked because it would’ve spread an already low pop too thin.

Your other points are either personal opinion or not a point at all (as others have mentioned).

I guarantee the community will be thrilled about the game when it comes out, including you.

The game has a lot of promise from what they have showed us and from the beta.

If this game does surprisingly fail it won’t be because of any of those lame reasons you gave.

I only see two problems. Sprint and “abilities” (and all its “balalances” of course). Im talking about Arena MP.

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

LOL all of you are delusional. 343s track record is arguably the worst of all major game devs
Halo 4 multiplayer failed
Halo mcc had one of the worst launches ever
Why would any sane person have faith in them. They are 0 for 2

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

> 2533274846483350;14:
> I guarantee the community will be thrilled about the game when it comes out, including you.
> The game has a lot of promise from what they have showed us and from the beta.
> If this game does surprisingly fail it won’t be because of any of those lame reasons you gave.

haha Right because playlists and ranking systems are not major parts of Halos multiplayer HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

> 2533274870852232;3:
> Your third point can’t be a reason that it will fail because you are assuming that it will fail based on the other two measly points. Derp

Why cant it. When Halo 5 releases in shambles like all of their other games, 343 will not be able to fix it like their 2 other games. They have a horrid track record

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

> 2533274857398125;4:
> Let’s respond to these, shall we?
> 1. The playlist management was due to a lowering population. Even though things like team snipers are great, it’s ultimately a niche playlist.
> 2. So? League systems work just as good as the 1-50.
> 3.that’s not really a reason, that just claiming it will fail long before it’s even out.

uhhhh Team Snipers has always had one of the highest populations. It isn’t a niche playlist it is one of the main non regular slayer playlists along with Swat.
League system didn’t work at all. Quit lying to yourself

Here’s some advice for you. When you hate a game this much, like how you hate Halo 5, it’s better just to move on. You shouldn’t waste your time hating on something you don’t like. Just move on and talk about game you do like. Spreading negativity makes this forum a worse place. We don’t need this drama here.