3 months, no boss changes

seriously, around 3 months since launch and they havent changed anything to fix boss stealing…

all you have to do is make a health bar for each team… That way, who kills him first gets it, but nope, lets stick with the one bullet 150 vp, i mean, making halo better would not be the 343i way

one of the 343 said that no matter how much the majority say it needs to be changed. he feels kill stealing bosses is more legitimate than than doing that hard work of doing most damage. so now you have to play like this if you want to get boss/warden kills. otherwise you will be like me a week ago where i was going for boss kills, put in all the effort +90% damage to bosses. last 3 warzone games didnt get a single boss kill because of kill stealing. and people were saying i sucked because i did the hard work. so now i will not help teammates anymore they they change it. i will do this until they fix it. Troll steal kill for the win.

If the bosses werent walking sponges, then i wouldnt care about kill-stealing. But a group of six or so spartans bringing down the warden to an inch of his life just be killed by a stray BR of an enemy is completely asinine.

We dont even get personal assist points for bosses.

Seriously?? He would rather boss steal then team effort, WHO IS RUNNING 343 AND WHY AREN’T THEY FIRED

> 2533274799135257;3:
> If the bosses werent walking sponges, then i wouldnt care about kill-stealing. But a group of six or so spartans bringing down the warden to an inch of his life just be killed by a stray BR of an enemy is completely asinine.
>
> We dont even get personal assist points for bosses.

tell me about it. personally the only people i think that support the way it is now are the people who couldnt get kills by putting in a team effort so instead they like how they can just steal it. it was slightly annoying when people just regular kill steal, it was -Yoink- when they started yoinking our assassinations but now they are kill stealing boss kills and majority of players are furious. because of this people will ignore warden half the time in stormbreak if the enemy core is exposed. they rather do that than put in the effort… up until someone gets him to 1/4 health than everyone and their mothers wants to help because they think that they might have a chance. this same behavior is clearly seen in hero hunt in star wars battlefront EA and thats why people wont play it anymore because if luck is full health “lol -Yoink- that you can go die 10 times trying to kill him” near death “oh now im going to put in an effort and will jack the kill so now i can be leia and have the relivable health and go on a massacre spree. and i did all this by leaching off all your guys’ hard work”. seriously people on the forums also complain about this just as much and thats why they think its going to be patched to who does most damage because DICE says they here people’s complains about it and are planning to make changes. whats even worse is you still win the game even if you dont have most points long as you reached the max kills. its so confusing as to who wins. they say 50 kills or something but the endgame scene shows the person with most points on top as the winner but winner goes to who got all the kills as hero. so even if you did all the hard work n got all those points, you get jacked by the guy who has lowest amount of points in the game usually.

The point of the bosses is teamwork. They don’t want to change it because it works exactly as its supposed to.
Your team is supposed to focus both on the boss itself, and stopping the enemy team from getting in a position where they can take the last shot. If your whole team is just sitting with its backs to the other team, you’re doing it wrong.

> 2533274907934539;6:
> The point of the bosses is teamwork. They don’t want to change it because it works exactly as its supposed to.
> Your team is supposed to focus both on the boss itself, and stopping the enemy team from getting in a position where they can take the last shot. If your whole team is just sitting with its backs to the other team, you’re doing it wrong.

Alot of people here dont understand this.

> 2533274907934539;6:
> The point of the bosses is teamwork. They don’t want to change it because it works exactly as its supposed to.
> Your team is supposed to focus both on the boss itself, and stopping the enemy team from getting in a position where they can take the last shot. If your whole team is just sitting with its backs to the other team, you’re doing it wrong.

Yeah but the one problem with that, ANYONE CAN GET THE LAST SHOT, it’s impossible to work as a team to get the last shot, one random guy from the enemy base can shoot once and get the boss

also, the wardan is visible from each base… You cant stop the enemy from stealing from that

My biggest issue is lack of assist medals, if 8 guys on Blue Team kill the boss then 8 guys should get the medal. The kill steal mechanic is better however, if teams shared points the game would be more grindy.

Because boss stealing is intentionally allowed. 3 months in and you still haven’t grasped this?

> 2533274942042829;8:
> > 2533274907934539;6:
> > The point of the bosses is teamwork. They don’t want to change it because it works exactly as its supposed to.
> > Your team is supposed to focus both on the boss itself, and stopping the enemy team from getting in a position where they can take the last shot. If your whole team is just sitting with its backs to the other team, you’re doing it wrong.
>
>
> Yeah but the one problem with that, ANYONE CAN GET THE LAST SHOT, it’s impossible to work as a team to get the last shot, one random guy from the enemy base can shoot once and get the boss

Exactly, it requires no teamwork to put the last shot on the warden. The last shot method DISCOURAGES teamwork, as what’s the point of working together as a team to bring down the boss, clear the area of enemy Spartans, when ANYONE can easily get one DMR shot from across the map to take the kill. This would be fine if the boss was in an enclosed space like on some maps, but in the open like on noctus, I’m fully against the last shot method. Because you can’t stop them from one last shotting him in such an open map.

> 2533274907934539;6:
> The point of the bosses is teamwork. They don’t want to change it because it works exactly as its supposed to.
> Your team is supposed to focus both on the boss itself, and stopping the enemy team from getting in a position where they can take the last shot. If your whole team is just sitting with its backs to the other team, you’re doing it wrong.

Teamwork, you make me laugh. did you see me at all helping my team? lol i let them do all the work and kill steal from them. lol teamwork, thats a good one. its everything but teamwork. did you really expect anyone to believe that? seriously you guys both say “kill stealing is legit” and than you say “you have to work as a team” you guys need to come to a common consensus. is it kill stealing or teamwork? lol we on the other hand say it quiet simple. its kill stealing and its cheap and shouldn’t be rewarded compared to people that did the most damage. Personally, it should be anyone who contributed to the boss kill at the very end gets the commendation, anyone that helped but wasnt there for the kill only gets assist, and points are given based on percentile damage and the points for team im okay with giving it to last shot but even than thats up for debate on rather who did most damage aswell.

> 2533274816299345;7:
> > 2533274907934539;6:
> > The point of the bosses is teamwork. They don’t want to change it because it works exactly as its supposed to.
> > Your team is supposed to focus both on the boss itself, and stopping the enemy team from getting in a position where they can take the last shot. If your whole team is just sitting with its backs to the other team, you’re doing it wrong.
>
>
> Alot of people here dont understand this.

ya i dont understand it all because it takes no teamwork lol

> 2533274821813997;9:
> My biggest issue is lack of assist medals, if 8 guys on Blue Team kill the boss then 8 guys should get the medal. The kill steal mechanic is better however, if teams shared points the game would be more grindy.

you mean more people would get points and therefore more epic battles with higher level weapons and vehicles? i dont see a negative side to that at all.

> 2661949065475413;10:
> Because boss stealing is intentionally allowed. 3 months in and you still haven’t grasped this?

just because they said intentional doesnt make it a right decision. “I intentionally turned right off the cliff because it was intentional so i was right”

> 2533274800212919;12:
> > 2533274907934539;6:
> > The point of the bosses is teamwork. They don’t want to change it because it works exactly as its supposed to.
> > Your team is supposed to focus both on the boss itself, and stopping the enemy team from getting in a position where they can take the last shot. If your whole team is just sitting with its backs to the other team, you’re doing it wrong.
>
>
> Teamwork, you make me laugh. did you see me at all helping my team? lol i let them do all the work and kill steal from them. lol teamwork, thats a good one. its everything but teamwork

Exactly. It’s not hard to see the problems with this system.

> 2533274800212919;12:
> > 2661949065475413;10:
> > Because boss stealing is intentionally allowed. 3 months in and you still haven’t grasped this?
>
>
> just because they said intentional doesnt make it a right decision. “I intentionally turned right off the cliff because it was intentional so i was right”

Just because you disagree doesn’t make it wrong either.

I love stealing a boss kill… it’s the only reason to play war zone IMO… Well that and war zone is the only place for good vehicular warfare since btb maps don’t really have much for it.

Pssst, yo, support this idea here:

Randomize Warzone Boss/NPC Spawns

> 2533274942042829;1:
> seriously, around 3 months since launch and they havent changed anything to fix boss stealing…
>
> all you have to do is make a health bar for each team… That way, who kills him first gets it, but nope, lets stick with the one bullet 150 vp, i mean, making halo better would not be the 343i way

Better idea:

So, a lot of people complain about kill stealing the Warden or other bosses in Warzone. Some say it should go to the team that did the most damage, other say it should go to whoever lands the last kills. But what if the number of points was divided based on damage? Okay, so two teams are hammering away on Warden Eternal. One team has dealt over 60% of the damage to him, while the other only 40%. When The Warden finally bites the dust, his 150 VP is then divided among the two teams with one team getting 90 VP while the other gets 60 VP.

I feel as though this would help to balance out the game play a bit more and give teams a better chance at keeping up with their opponents instead of just one team getting all of the boss kills and dominating the match with the other team having little to no hope of catching up in the points spread. It will keep the game play fairer, closer and more “on your toes” instead of getting that nice comfortable massive VP lead cushion.

In the event your team decides to just leave the boss there and not finish them, thinking they will just get their points when the other team kills them, think again. If your team stops firing on the boss, or they stop doing the most damage, their percentage will start to go down and the other teams will start to increase, effectively stealing away your percentage of the cut. This way your team will have to hammer on the boss and MAINTAIN that level of damage to get the most cut.

This way, you can still steal points away from the enemy, but you can’t steal the entire kill… or maybe you can. Just do more damage than them. Which ever team does the most damage get’s the most points from the kill. It’s more balanced.

Original Thread

Meh, just become another part of the game to me

> 2661949065475413;14:
> > 2533274800212919;12:
> > > 2661949065475413;10:
> > > Because boss stealing is intentionally allowed. 3 months in and you still haven’t grasped this?
> >
> >
> > just because they said intentional doesnt make it a right decision. “I intentionally turned right off the cliff because it was intentional so i was right”
>
>
> Just because you disagree doesn’t make it wrong either.

ya but i justified my reasoning with logic of why its terrible. you just said that it’s intentional, therefore it needs no justification. if something doesn’t work that’s intentional and can be proven it’s not justified then therefore it’s valid to argue against.

> 2533274803929503;17:
> > 2533274942042829;1:
> > seriously, around 3 months since launch and they havent changed anything to fix boss stealing…
> >
> > all you have to do is make a health bar for each team… That way, who kills him first gets it, but nope, lets stick with the one bullet 150 vp, i mean, making halo better would not be the 343i way
>
>
> Better idea:
>
> So, a lot of people complain about kill stealing the Warden or other bosses in Warzone. Some say it should go to the team that did the most damage, other say it should go to whoever lands the last kills. But what if the number of points was divided based on damage? Okay, so two teams are hammering away on Warden Eternal. One team has dealt over 60% of the damage to him, while the other only 40%. When The Warden finally bites the dust, his 150 VP is then divided among the two teams with one team getting 90 VP while the other gets 60 VP.
>
> I feel as though this would help to balance out the game play a bit more and give teams a better chance at keeping up with their opponents instead of just one team getting all of the boss kills and dominating the match with the other team having little to no hope of catching up in the points spread. It will keep the game play fairer, closer and more “on your toes” instead of getting that nice comfortable massive VP lead cushion.
>
> In the event your team decides to just leave the boss there and not finish them, thinking they will just get their points when the other team kills them, think again. If your team stops firing on the boss, or they stop doing the most damage, their percentage will start to go down and the other teams will start to increase, effectively stealing away your percentage of the cut. This way your team will have to hammer on the boss and MAINTAIN that level of damage to get the most cut.
>
> This way, you can still steal points away from the enemy, but you can’t steal the entire kill… or maybe you can. Just do more damage than them. Which ever team does the most damage get’s the most points from the kill. It’s more balanced.
>
> Original Thread

you mean this?