2v2 party teams

What is the best leader combo for 2v2 party teams?

There are good combos for certain maps.
Here are my list of best combos for Standard 2v2 Party Teams!

1. Cutter & Arbiter

2. Cutter & Brute Cheiftain

3. Forge & Arbiter

4. Forge & Brute Cheiftain

5. Anders & Brute Cheiftain

6. Anders & Arbiter

I versed you the other day in 2v2 Party Teams!

it doesnt matter what i choose cus im always getting bum rushed by a team of generals i havnt had a good 1-hour long match in a very long time it always lasts for 2 mins. and i dont care about choosing the rite tactit i just wanna build units and have fun but no that doesnt happen.

It seems like no one uses the prophet these days…

i like the prophet when playing 3v3 standard unless someone builds vampires…1 vampire + stasis = useless prophet

> i like the prophet when playing 3v3 standard unless someone builds vampires…1 vampire + stasis = useless prophet

Don’t research a flying prophet? I use Elite Honor Guards to counter Brute Squads and Aribter attacks, then I attack them with the Elite Honor Guards and following up with 2x Sumbit banshees.

I have heard before that Cutter & Arbiter is the best combo for 2 vs 2. Could you MickMcKay explain why? It would be nice to read also the reasoning for the rest of your list.

An arbiter and cutter combo is a good combo if played correctly. Basically, the arbiter stalls until you gets tanks and banshees, or even vampires. However, there are leader combos that do counter arbiter cutter.

Well Cutter > Forge on instant-expand maps. However, I don’t like following what everyone else is doing. I’d rather run something like Anders/Arby or Forge/Prophet.

> it doesnt matter what i choose cus im always getting bum rushed by a team of generals i havnt had a good 1-hour long match in a very long time it always lasts for 2 mins. and i dont care about choosing the rite tactit i just wanna build units and have fun but no that doesnt happen.

That’s because RTS games are not meant to last that long. Not in the Halo Wars world. It was set up for quick games. Anything over 15 minutes is too long.

> I have heard before that Cutter & Arbiter is the best combo for 2 vs 2. Could you MickMcKay explain why? It would be nice to read also the reasoning for the rest of your list.

Arby harrasses, Cutter builds tanks.

On certain maps however, where you don’t insta-expand - Forge generally dominates as the stronger economy is built faster.

On auto expand Cutter beats forge.

> > I have heard before that Cutter & Arbiter is the best combo for 2 vs 2. Could you MickMcKay explain why? It would be nice to read also the reasoning for the rest of your list.
>
> Arby harrasses, Cutter builds tanks.
>
> On certain maps however, where you don’t insta-expand - Forge generally dominates as the stronger economy is built faster.
>
> On auto expand Cutter beats forge.

What if Sgt. Forge beats Cpt. Cutter on an auto expand?

The person playing Cutter failed miserably. The only way a Forge can do that is either

A) sacrificing building units for at least 2 minutes
B) receiving a click from the other player
C) Cutter sucks…

It is hard to do regardless.

Forge staying on par with Cutter on instant-expand maps isn’t as hard as you’re making it out to be imo. Forge will always end up with the better economy and can even triple pump tanks at a certain point. If anything, it’s what your Covie partner does that is most important. Usually decides the outcome of the game.

That’s true. It also depends if forge was clicked. If so, the covie who gave the click will be behind.

Yeah but then Forge will be ahead. The Covie who clicked will have to play defense. I don’t like putting my Covie teammate in that scenario so I usually pick Anders.

Thank to all of you for the answers. Me and my friend have been playing mainly Cutter & Cutter. Our team sucks so far, but we are getting better.

I have experienced that Cutter is the most powerful leader when the game continues longer. MAC Blast takes away scarabs, ODSTs are everywhere and generally UNSC units are beating (when fully upgraded) the Covenant counterparts.

Few more questions:

1. So is there a problem in high level play, that 2 x UNSC is rushed down by the team having covenant player?

2. Is it bad to have 2 x UNSC or 2 x Covenant? Diversity of the armies at least lacks. But is it a huge disadvantage generally?

3. What do you mean with term “clicked”?

> I have heard before that Cutter & Arbiter is the best combo for 2 vs 2. Could you MickMcKay explain why? It would be nice to read also the reasoning for the rest of your list.

reasons:

1. There are more quick expand maps than regular maps. Cutter out tanks forge on quick expo maps. Of course, there are a lot of things a forge player can do to drag the game longer and his covenant mate should know how to play his part in order for the game to drag. If the game drags and forge’s expo survives, forge wins.

2.Cutter economy permits him to be very versitile. unlike forge, he can pelican drop in memorial basin with no trouble. Anders ca do this as well.

1. Cutter/Arby was came to be the prefered combo because it was a hard counter against Anders/Arby, which was the prefered and one of the strongest combos to use.

2. Arby is used mainly because of his rage. Arby’s rage becomes a key point as the game progresses. The PoR and the brute are not fit to kill units as the arbiter can.

The hard counter against cutter/arby is anders/PoR. The prophet stops the arbiter cold. And anders can out hog cutter or get clicked by the PoR to match cutter’s build. The main reason why this works is because the PoR can single pump banshees and sling shoot Anders. Even a good cutter can’t out tank a good anders who is being fed and against bashees on the field.

Because the PoR can delay the arbiter so much, he will has to resort to bashees instead of vamps. This is were it goes down hill because the PoR is so far ahead with banshee production that he will retain air control and eventually get vamps before the arby, which is game over from here.

So, if you run cutter/arby, you should restrain from doing the normal thing. The way to beat this counter is for the cutter to go hogs and for the arby to delay the anders. As lond as anders doesn’t get a VD up, it’s game over for them. Gauss kills banshees and PoR.
Another strat to do is to go quick tanks. This stops the PoR’s rush. Get canny asap while heading to the PoR’s base. destroy the summits and have your arby go double summits. Arby’s banshees will save the day. don’t go for PT because you need units on the field to counter ander’s PT tanks. Remember the main point here is to wreck the PoR and have your Arby go banshees immidiately. A good Anders should be pushing with canny tanks and gremlins. don’t be surprise is she has PT. That’s why you need banshees because you can’t fight PT tanks with canny tanks. But banshees and canny tanks win agaisnt PT tanks.
Another thing you can do is go hogs in the beginning just to stop the rush and switch to tanks right away while the arby goes and wrecks the PoR and then runs to Anders to stop her VD.
If Anders goes gauss, you win beacause you will have canny tanks and she will be single pumping gauss out of one base; even if she gets an expo, it she is toast.

I hope this helps. I’m glad to see they have a section just for HW. I had months without coming in here. feel free to send me a message on XBOX LIVE if you need advise.
Lunatik101 or LaPerla23.
my main is full so send FRs to LaPerla23, I’d be happy to share some knowledge. Nice to see you still roam around this site Leonighdus.

Oh and Andrs/Arby is the hard counter for Anders/PoR

To answer sanstone’s questions:

1. A double unsc combo should not have much trouble holding off a covie rush, but the problem is pumping out anti air units after the rush.
  2. No, it simply means you need to play differently. Double covie means a hard rush, while double unsc is a late game combo.
  3. A click is when you send resources to your friend.