2nd place of 6 teams gets you a loss?

Good job 343,

I go 32-15 with a killionaire on SWAT valhalla against 5 other teams and finish in a nice second place and you give me a loss?

What a pathetic joke of a playlist. Giving me undeserved losses and giving me the most ridiculous game type in Halo history. To make matters worse I lose to kids that go 33-26 and his buddy goes 27-22. I honestly deserved that loss didn’t I?

Stay out of multi team to all those who actually care about winning in Halo still. This playlist is a horrible joke. I came off Halo 3 multi team thinking the top half will always get EXP. Apparently 343 is different.

BTW, the kids that lost died the most yet they won. LOL 343 thinks its right for out of 12 players that only 2 win and the other top teams get losses. I’m sticking to team games now where its actually fair.

you did not win. therefore you lost.

simple.

When does 2nd=1st?

You have nothing but your team-mate to blame.

> When does 2nd=1st?

In FFA which multi-team is not.

in any other halo coming seconded in multiteam counted as a win.

> > When does 2nd=1st?
>
> In FFA which multi-team is not.

Alright then.

> > > When does 2nd=1st?
> >
> > In FFA which multi-team is not.
>
> Alright then.

I should actually rephrase that. 2nd never = 1st but in FFA it does count as a win. So does 3rd.

They originally had FFA set up where only first would give you a win but I believe they changed it to top 3 (on my stats forge FFA playlist games gave me a win with a 3rd place finish). Maybe they will do the same to muti-team when they realize it’s wrong.

The top half should always count as a win no matter the gametype IMO. Bungie had it exactly right. Multi-Team and Rumble Pit are the best examples. It’s a lot harder to come in 1st place in both of those gametypes then it is to come in 1st place as a team, when you’re only facing ONE other team. When it is 4v4, 5v5, 8v8, whatever, the winning team is the top half, the losing team is the bottom half. 8 total players=4 winners/4 losers. The same should apply to Multi-Team and Rumble Pit. In a 2v2v2v2v2v2 Multi-Team game, the top 3 teams should be given credit for a win, while the bottom 3 are given a loss. 6 total teams=3 winners/3 losers. Not 1 winner/5 losers. Same idea for Rumble Pit. I agree 100% OP. I do however like the idea of giving more weight to the higher positioning in these games. Like Lone Wolves in Halo 3, a 1st place is given more weight than a 3rd place, but both are still basically wins.

Have you guys not played Halo 3 before?

In Halo 3 there were 4 teams of 2 (8 in total) and the top 2 got a win.

Every playlist in Halo 3 had a 50% chance of winning, whether it was Lone wolves, infection, and special double EXP weekend playlists. Why did they make it so you now have a 16.51% chance of getting first in multi team in Halo 4 when I can just play a regular team vs team playlist where I always have a 50% of winning? Doesn’t make sense.

Did the word “Defeat” pop up on the screen? Because if it did, then you lost. I sort of understand it in FFA (although I still think it should be 1st place) but in Multi-Team, that should definitely be a loss. I’d say it increases the skill gap and forces you to push harder for that first place, whereas in 3, I’d just get 2nd or 3rd and be “k, don’t really have to push too much, I’ve already secured my place here”.

> The top half should always count as a win no matter the gametype IMO. Bungie had it exactly right. Multi-Team and Rumble Pit are the best examples. It’s a lot harder to come in 1st place in both of those gametypes then it is to come in 1st place as a team, when you’re only facing ONE other team. When it is 4v4, 5v5, 8v8, whatever, the winning team is the top half, the losing team is the bottom half. 8 total players=4 winners/4 losers. The same should apply to Multi-Team and Rumble Pit. In a 2v2v2v2v2v2 Multi-Team game, the top 3 teams should be given credit for a win, while the bottom 3 are given a loss. 6 total teams=3 winners/3 losers. Not 1 winner/5 losers. Same idea for Rumble Pit. I agree 100% OP. I do however like the idea of giving more weight to the higher positioning in these games. Like Lone Wolves in Halo 3, a 1st place is given more weight than a 3rd place, but both are still basically wins.

Exactly.

You seem mad.

> You seem mad.

I am quite mad actually. I didn’t think by playing multi-team brought my winning chance down to a 16% where as I couldv’e just played throwdown where it’s a 50-50 chance of winning.

You seem ignorant to the point he is trying to make.

> > You seem mad.
>
> I am quite mad actually. I didn’t think by playing multi-team brought my winning chance down to a 16% where as I couldv’e just played throwdown where it’s a 50-50 chance of winning.

Not to sound like a -Yoink!-, but then I think the obvious solution would be to stop playing multi-team if you don’t like the mechanics.

> > > You seem mad.
> >
> > I am quite mad actually. I didn’t think by playing multi-team brought my winning chance down to a 16% where as I couldv’e just played throwdown where it’s a 50-50 chance of winning.
>
> Not to sound like a -Yoink!-, but then I think the obvious solution would be to stop playing multi-team if you don’t like the mechanics.

Well by that logic, we should stop playing the game completely because most of the things about it are broken. I already have stopped, because no matter what the case, 343 always seems to mess something up.

> > You seem mad.
>
> I am quite mad actually. I didn’t think by playing multi-team brought my winning chance down to a 16% where as I couldv’e just played throwdown where it’s a 50-50 chance of winning.

Why are you so mad? The game still functions the same as it did before. Just ignore what you don’t like.

If you don’t win, you lose. You didn’t win, so you lost. It’s simple.

> > > > You seem mad.
> > >
> > > I am quite mad actually. I didn’t think by playing multi-team brought my winning chance down to a 16% where as I couldv’e just played throwdown where it’s a 50-50 chance of winning.
> >
> > Not to sound like a -Yoink!-, but then I think the obvious solution would be to stop playing multi-team if you don’t like the mechanics.
>
> Well by that logic, we should stop playing the game completely because most of the things about it are broken. I already have stopped, because no matter what the case, 343 always seems to mess something up.

That is correct. If you truly think the game is that broken then you shouldn’t play it. The population numbers seem to agree with you but I know a lot of people, myself included, that still enjoy this game. If you don’t like the way something works, don’t freaking play it.