2nd + 3rd in Regicide count as a loss ??????

Hi guys

In regicide when you don’t come first does that count as a loss in your stats ? Because I love playing Regicide and don’t always come out on top some times I get 2nd or 3rd but I don’t want my stats to be mostly bad because I play regicide and there’s a 1 in 6 chance of winning. Compared with slayer where its 1 in 2.

Regicide is dumb I’ve played two games of it and the first I went 25 and 13 but lost to someone who went 24 and 18. Second time I went 27 and 9 but nearly lost to someone who went 17 and 18?? Logic. Not my fault I can’t get extra points for killing myself as the king.

That is the entire point. The king shouldn’t have the advantage. When one person is leading everyone ELSE has the advantage, which discourages one guy from camping the map with shotty or sniper.

It’s “not your fault” that you can’t kill yourself for extra points but it IS your fault that you went for regular kills rather than king kills.

I’m sick of people hating on regicide just because they don’t play it well.

…If he is the king, he can’t get king kills can he?

I think there should be a minor tweak so that the bounty on the King doesn’t go up over time. That might balance it out a little.

Yea it’s hard for the King sometimes, I’ll be leading most of the match and then die like 3 times (35 point kill bonus over my head) and lose the match in the final seconds. The only kill points I get are 10. Highly unfair.

I’ve only played 3 matches of Regicide and won them all. I’m very curious as to whether finishing 2nd or 3rd does count as a loss. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

> I’ve only played 3 matches of Regicide and won them all. I’m very curious as to whether finishing 2nd or 3rd does count as a loss. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

It’s an FFA Slayer gametype. Traditionally, FFA Slayer games like Rumble Pit or Regicide only have 1 winner, and for everyone else in the game, it counts as a loss.

@Halcyon - no in Halo 3 and H:Reach if you finished top half of a playing group ie top 3 of 6 or top 4 of 8 in FFA that is a ‘win’. I have many thousands of FFA games in H3 and H:R and I am wondering if the rules for H4 have changed. I am yet to lose a match in Regicide (all 3 of them) but due to personal circumstances have not been able to play sufficiently to test out what happens to your service record for a 2nd or 3rd.

COD had a similar system - 2nd was not a loss

I wish they would give us the win too for top 3, it’s kind of riduclous really. Being the King the whole time isn’t even fair cause if someone kills you 2-3 times they are suddenly the leader because of the +35 points on your death and you only recieve +10.