24 players for all modes besides campaign?

So, the thing I’ve noticed is, if we’ve got room for 24 players now, custom games just got much much sicker.
Fat Kid and every race under the sun just got much more fun imo.
What are our thoughts on the issue of 24 player custom games?

Sounds like disconnect central and kicking people for smaller gametypes just got a whole lot harder. It’s gonna be fun though.

> 2533274894863132;2:
> Sounds like disconnect central and kicking people for smaller gametypes just got a whole lot harder. It’s gonna be fun though.

It could be very much that if the person hosting has Maccas free wifi styled internet, but if the host has mint upload/download it’ll be great fun!

> 2533274882454373;3:
> > 2533274894863132;2:
> > Sounds like disconnect central and kicking people for smaller gametypes just got a whole lot harder. It’s gonna be fun though.
>
>
> It could be very much that if the person hosting has Maccas free wifi styled internet, but if the host has mint upload/download it’ll be great fun!

Dude, I see you haven’t heard the news. All online modes i.e. coop, mm, and customs are on dedicated servers.

Are you sure customs are on dedicated servers? That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, source? Explanation?

I am sure go to the halo subreddit frankie and josh holmes have both confirmed that there are no peer to peer connections in halo 5

Halo’s customs games…game just got really, really stong. You actually do not know how hyped I am for this.

> 2533274882454373;7:
> Halo’s customs games…game just got really, really stong. You actually do not know how hyped I am for this.

Oh I know how hyped you are, when I read that frankie had confirmed this via neogaf I got up and ran around my house chanting On a Pale Horse.

> 2533274809796455;8:
> > 2533274882454373;7:
> > Halo’s customs games…game just got really, really stong. You actually do not know how hyped I am for this.
>
>
> Oh I know how hyped you are, when I read that frankie had confirmed this via neogaf I got up and ran around my house chanting On a Pale Horse.

But dude, we’re actually able to possibly play with 23 other people in one custom game. On dedicated servers.
Do you realise how good this is?!

> 2533274882454373;9:
> > 2533274809796455;8:
> > > 2533274882454373;7:
> > > Halo’s customs games…game just got really, really stong. You actually do not know how hyped I am for this.
> >
> >
> > Oh I know how hyped you are, when I read that frankie had confirmed this via neogaf I got up and ran around my house chanting On a Pale Horse.
>
>
> But dude, we’re actually able to possibly play with 23 other people in one custom game. On dedicated servers.
> Do you realise how good this is?!

It can go both ways with dedis, you might be friends with someone who when connecting to the server has over 100ping or the route their isp takes to connect to that server might be really unstable. Dedis can also make it so much better for everyone.
Though I am on the fence with 24 players in one game just because talking over 15 people in previous halos was such a chore. Either way I am very excited to see what 343 can bring to the table from a lore and gameplay standpoint.

> 2533274882454373;9:
> > 2533274809796455;8:
> > > 2533274882454373;7:
> > > Halo’s customs games…game just got really, really stong. You actually do not know how hyped I am for this.
> >
> >
> > Oh I know how hyped you are, when I read that frankie had confirmed this via neogaf I got up and ran around my house chanting On a Pale Horse.
>
>
> But dude, we’re actually able to possibly play with 23 other people in one custom game. On dedicated servers.
> Do you realise how good this is?!

Imagine mega halo on halo, with a huge halo ring that takes ten minutes to complete but the sniper has to kill 23 hogs? mmm-mmm, please work, there’s so much potential.

Also don’t get too excited because it has yet to be confirmed that 24 player customs are even a thing. If it can happen great, more options for people to enjoy. If not, oh well maybe next time.

> 2533274809796455;10:
> > 2533274882454373;9:
> > > 2533274809796455;8:
> > > > 2533274882454373;7:
> > > > Halo’s customs games…game just got really, really stong. You actually do not know how hyped I am for this.
> > >
> > >
> > > Oh I know how hyped you are, when I read that frankie had confirmed this via neogaf I got up and ran around my house chanting On a Pale Horse.
> >
> >
> > But dude, we’re actually able to possibly play with 23 other people in one custom game. On dedicated servers.
> > Do you realise how good this is?!
>
>
> It can go both ways with dedis, you might be friends with someone who when connecting to the server has over 100ping or the route their isp takes to connect to that server might be really unstable. Dedis can also make it so much better for everyone.
> Though I am on the fence with 24 players in one game just because talking over 15 people in previous halos was such a chore. Either way I am very excited to see what 343 can bring to the table from a lore and gameplay standpoint.

Personally ping isn’t too much a problem for the majority of my friends on Xbox all living in Australia as well as myself, since theres MS Azure centres now in Sydney and Melbourne. And god yeah I remember Reach 16 player lobbies being a nightmare to control on occasion, but it was kind of a matter who you were in the lobby with, like the older guys don’t talk as much whereas squeakers tend to not shut up and can be a pain to talk to.