24 or maybe 64 players:Big Team Battle

Xbox One should have the power to do 24 players-64 online on the next Halo.

There’s no excuse not to increase the 16 Max.

Imagine the expansive carnage of two spartan armies clashing on an alien world online. Pelicans everywhere!

I wanted 64 players and added a few post, but after discussion.

64 would be to big a jump.

However 24 or 32 would be perfect.

That was one of the things I liked about halo ce pc. you could have 32 (official) or 64(not technically supported but it worked all the same) players on a Dedicated server. I don’t mind if Dedicated servers are not in halo (since I have gotten used to not having them in consoles) but defiantly Halo 5 needs 64 max players. Then battlefield will have nothing on it.

> That was one of the things I liked about halo ce pc. you could have 32 (official) or 64(not technically supported but it worked all the same) players on a Dedicated server. I don’t mind if Dedicated servers are not in halo (since I have gotten used to not having them in consoles) but defiantly Halo 5 needs 64 max players. Then battlefield will have nothing on it.

Well yeah, but Battlefield is different then Halo. While I’d love to play a game of 64-people… how would the gameplay go? Could you imagine how many times you’d die in one game? Could you imagine 8 scorpions running around a map, with 4 hornets? Dude that would be too much destruction… people would be killed long before they walk 5 steps… Battlefield does a good job with it though, maps are extremely large, weapons are balanced, there is no such thing as an OP vehicle/gun (well sorta…not really). But players in battlefield are more focused on defeating other vehicles and reaching the objective, then Halo players are. I think a 32 player system would be just fine.

It really depends on what they game has to offer.

64 players having the option of vehicles, squad based combat and destructible enviornements = awesome = Battlefield.

For Halo, I can see:
64 players with the option of vehicles going through map for kills.

When it comes to big team conflicts in a multiplayer game, Battlfield has always had an absurd amount of depth to it when compared to Halo. 64 players seems abit much, or 24 might be the sweet spot.

You had me at pelicans. XD

All jokes aside, I wouldn’t mind if they increased the max amount of players. I hope 343i will surprise us by using the Xbox One’s capabilities to its full potential.

The problem is that the whole Halo sandbox is created and balanced around maps that support up to 16 players. Once you get to get to player sizes of 24-32 players or more, maps need to be much bigger to support said amount of players.

Imagine a map three times the size of Valhalla, which weapons in the sandbox would really be effective? The DMR, the Light Rifle, Snipers and Spartan Laser, maybe? Perhaps the Railgun too? Most of the other weapons would have a range too short to be effective, and the game would turn into a vehicle + camping spamfest.

I say, let Halo stay at a max of 16 players, since that’s what it’s good at. Let the superior processing power be used to make other aspects of the game better.

The Key to Halo which seems to have been forgotten as of late is “Less is More”. I think if we made BIG TEAM that big it would stop feeling like Halo BIG TEAM and more like Battlefield with laser guns, and space tanks. Let Battlefield be Battlefield and let Halo go back to being Halo.

> The Key to Halo which seems to have been forgotten as of late is “Less is More”. I think if we made BIG TEAM that big it would stop feeling like Halo BIG TEAM and more like Battlefield with laser guns, and space tanks. Let Battlefield be Battlefield and let Halo go back to being Halo.

Exactly! Let Halo be Halo, let’s not try to make it into something it isn’t. That’s what they did with Halo 4, and look what happened there : we got a game that doesn’t really feel or play like Halo and ended up disappointing most of its players.

Yes to raising player count, you know it would be awesome to have an epic vehicle/maybe space map. We could finally drive a pelican in multiplayer, or maybe even a scarab.

64 players is fine, the One can easily handle it. I don’t really care for the big jump or possible learning curve. Only increasing it to 24 would be a smack in the face to other Halo players, like me. I’ve been yearning for large battles with Pelicans, Scarabs, Phantoms, and other vehicles since Halo CE, which is quite a long time. We need to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and make the next Halo greater than the rest.

It’s not about inability to make the game bigger, it’s about balance.