24 hours?

Yes i know this doesn’t have to do with Halo but i know on the Xbox one you have to be logged in every 24 hours does that mean i have to turn my Xbox on every 24 cause with school i can only play once a week so what will happen? thx

anyone?

No it just means that if you want to play your game on that day you have to log in at least once to verify that you have a legit copy.

thank goodness

This REALLY blows, because I know many fellow Halo fans who buy Halo strictly for the single player experience and don’t bother with the online component.

I used to not hook up my 360 to the internet until recently because I didn’t have a reliable way to game online. Same with a lot of people I know. The consolation was that Halo single player offline was extraordinary and provided entertainment over and over again.

With this new restriction, a lot of people will lose out on that.

The xbox doesn’t turn off anyway.

I’ve been a bit confused on this “feature” myself. Is it that you, personally, have to log on at least once every day, or that the X1 itself has to be plugged into the internet at least once a day? I haven’t been able to keep up with the whole story here, but I was under the impression that the X1 just had to be able to access the net once a day to check for updates and whatnot, that basically you just needed to either leave the ethernet/broadband/whatever cable plugged in or have a wi-fi connection available at least once a day so it can do it’s thing. But now people are saying you need to personally log into your LIVE account every day, with some people implying that if you don’t log in every day you’ll lose access to your games. What’s the deal here? What’s truth and what’s just paranoia?

Say you play all day, every day. It’ll “ping” the Live servers once every 24 hours. If you play like a normal person and turn it on once every day or two then it’ll just ping once when you’re logging in. Doesn’t matter if you leave the system off for days/weeks/months, you just can’t play several days consecutively without a connection.

> Say you play all day, every day. It’ll “ping” the Live servers once every 24 hours. If you play like a normal person and turn it on once every day or two then it’ll just ping once when you’re logging in. Doesn’t matter if you leave the system off for days/weeks/months, you just can’t play several days consecutively without a connection.

alright thank you

> Yes i know this doesn’t have to do with Halo

Wrong thread then. Don’t state a fact and go against it.

General Discussion

It works like this; if you turn on your Xbox after not playing for a while, it will want you to connect to the internet or you won’t be able to play. Once you do that, you can turn off your phone’s hotspot or your router or whatever and proceed to play offline. Once 24 hours have passed after this event, then you must turn your internet back on and connect once again.

> The xbox doesn’t turn off anyway.

Creepy.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It makes perfect sense for digitally downloaded games. It should be required if you go out and purchase the actual game disk. I think it would be better this way. Charge a premium for the game disk that doesn’t require authentication via the internet. Just give it a license key and they can play it all they want with or without internet. I never play my 360 without it being online so it wouldn’t really affect me.

So apparently Microsoft got smart and reversed a couple of their less popular policies, namely the requirement of an internet connection (still need to have one for the initial set up, but that’s all), and the draconian DRM policies. We’ll be able to lend, swap, give away, borrow, etc. with the disc-based games just as we always have, and dgitally downloaded games will stil lbe bound to your console/account. Can’t remember if the ability to trade/sell downloaded games back to Microsoft was changed or not.

> So apparently Microsoft got smart and reversed a couple of their less popular policies, namely the requirement of an internet connection (still need to have one for the initial set up, but that’s all), and the draconian DRM policies. We’ll be able to lend, swap, give away, borrow, etc. with the disc-based games just as we always have, and dgitally downloaded games will stil lbe bound to your console/account. Can’t remember if the ability to trade/sell downloaded games back to Microsoft was changed or not.