2014 Recon Wave!

Can we please get another Recon Wave? I have not seen anything in the past couple months regarding this very topic.

> Can we please get another Recon Wave? I have not seen anything in the past couple months regarding this very topic.

You haven’t seen anything about this? What about the other 2 posts on the first page of the Halo 3 forum regarding this? Both of which I have given the answer to this issue.

RECON ARMOUR IS NO LONGER BEING UNLOCKED. This was confirmed back in September 2013 by bs angel herself. If you don’t have it now, then you’re not going to get it anymore. Ever. Its gone.

Please people, no more duplicated posts.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Seriously just stop with recon. It’s long gone.

I’ve personally explained this in great detail many times on this forum and even made this thread on the subject.

Long story short? No.

[Redacted]

I still don’t get it, I earned this back in 09 legit with the vidmasters. I would gladly do them again for old time sakes.

> I still don’t get it, I earned this back in 09 legit with the vidmasters. I would gladly do them again for old time sakes.

I think after the vidmasters if I remember you had to use bungie.net to then unlock the recon armour, like the armour was unlocked via their site, and not by an ungame unlock via the achievement, I did do the vidmasters, as hard as they were I guess they are beyond their time now, but am glad to have lived the era while it was alive

> I still don’t get it, I earned this back in 09 legit with the vidmasters. I would gladly do them again for old time sakes.

After 343 Industries took over, the Vidmaster challenge wasn’t continued on the website (presumable because of focus going towards getting Halo: Reach and Halo 4’s stats ready) and so, they unlocked Recon for people who played Halo 3.

Once Halo 4 came out, these waves stopped. Eventually we got a reply from bs angel which claimed that they would no longer be handing Recon out due to ‘legacy tech’ reasons. This was around the time Halo 3 became free for two weeks from Games with Gold.

It is unlikely they’ll start unlocking Recon armour ever again :confused:

I am honestly very much against this, though partially because I never agreed with Bungie simply giving it away after their tenure with Halo.

However the main reason I am against this is because the average person now who doesn’t have Recon, never played Halo 3 prior to the Bungie waves, making them new additions to the community. Bungie had given Recon to the community as thanks during those waves, in this way I guess you could say we all earned recon simply by being part of the community.

Simply because these new additions (the people) were not a part of this community years ago I think is a viable reason alone why there shouldn’t be another ‘GIVE ME MY RECONZ’ wave, of which constantly devalues the previously sought-after armour the entire community of Halo 3 had once wanted. I mean even now, most games I go into in Halo 3 result in 70% of people wearing Recon. It just isn’t the same.

I for one earned my Recon, I just hate to see it now in the same class as the default armour you are given at the start of the game, in comparison to what it meant in the community.

EDIT: I do however feel that 343i should do something about these vidmasters, at least let these new people earn it.

funny thing is I played halo 3 back in the day when 343 took it and I got NO recon… im still waiting

It’s not due to people being new, I’ve been playing Halo 3 since early 2008 when I got XBL. They just missed people I guess, unlucky but people have to face facts that if you didn’t get it, you probably won’t get it.

> EDIT: I do however feel that 343i should do something about these vidmasters, at least let these new people earn it.

It’s not that they don’t want to, they made it very clear to people that the support would eventually be taken away. Halo 3 is seven years old, eventually support for such small things would’ve been taken away.

Same for the nameplates in Reach, they aren’t massively important features and they take up space.

In my opinion, I believe Recon will be included in the MCC. If we’re lucky, I hope we can get Bungie Armor :slight_smile:

i just completed all the vidmaster challenges for both halo 3/ odst im done the research and did alot of back tracking nobody will get recon on the 360 becuz bungie has locked out their halo website halowaypoint is the offical halo website and it does not feature the give me recon button in as much as i dont care for the recon helmet or armour and more of an achievements player but thats me

iv done the vidmasters iv earned my recon armor, therefore i deserve it, regardless giving it out for free, i dont know how to stresss this anymore, 343 is making a big mistake not giving it to the ones that earned it. at least put a button on haloway point saying unlock my recon. it can be done, because bungie did it. do some freaking research and do the job that makes us your buyers happy. instead of wasting our time trying to get something that no longer exists. make it avalable to the ones who are new and have done the vidmasters…like SOON!

> iv done the vidmasters iv earned my recon armor, therefore i deserve it, regardless giving it out for free, i dont know how to stresss this anymore, 343 is making a big mistake not giving it to the ones that earned it. at least put a button on haloway point saying unlock my recon. it can be done, because bungie did it. do some freaking research and do the job that makes us your buyers happy. instead of wasting our time trying to get something that no longer exists. make it avalable to the ones who are new and have done the vidmasters…like SOON!

Its not that 343 wont unlock Recon armour, its because they can’t. The technology used to unlock Recon that was used on bungie.net simply doesn’t exist now, just like 343 can’t update the playlists in Halo 3. The “legacy tech” used for these features is no longer used. So no, Recon armour will no longer be unlocked (and hasn’t been for a long time) on the Xbox 360 version of Halo 3.

then i guess 343 wont mind me modding my account then? cuz thats what im going to do, take matters into our own hands. im going yo get what i want, iv been playing this game for far to long to not get what iv been waitng for, and i best not be thrown out for modding because 343 cant produce. thats not my problem, fix theres and we the people who play this game will continue to play this game.

Considering modding/tampering with your account is a violation of not just 343 but also Xbox Live, I really don’t recommend it.

And if you do, you WILL be banned for it.

i personally believe that if you finished everything you should be able to get everything if its earned then they should give it up not lock it away