20 years of Halo... what's your favorite part of the lore?

For many of us our first experience of Halo was receiving a gun from Captain Keyes and crash landing on a mysterious ring. Fast forward 20 years later and we have been enriched with stories, games, comics, animated, cinematic productions etc. that told a vast story of this universe that all of us have followed and loved even after we escaped on a Longshore from Installation 04.

Now it’s time for you Spartans to tell us what was your favorite parts of games and the lore is and what lore would you like to be expanded upon

GAME:
-Halo CE level:

-Halo CE MP map:

-Halo 2 level:

-Halo 2/Anniversary MP map:

-Halo 3 level:

-Halo 3 MP map:

-Halo ODST level:

-Halo ODST Firefight map:

-Halo Reach level:

-Halo Reach MP map:

-Halo Reach Firefight map:

-Halo 4 level:

-Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode (not individual missions):

-Halo 4 MP map:

-Halo 5 level:

-Halo 5 MP map:

-Halo Wars level:

-Halo Wars 2 level:

-Halo Fireteam Raven level:

-Spartan Assault Chapter (not individual missions):

-Halo game:

-Halo game moment:

-Halo In-game level cutscene:

-Halo Terminal cinematic:

-Halo MC Cross-game playlist:

-Most impactful/heartbreak death (in game):

-Halo weapon (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner):

-Halo vehicle (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner):

-Halo Achievement/medal you earned (in game achievements):

-Halo easter egg:

UNIVERSE:
-Spartan (other then S-117):

-Spartan Team/Fireteam (other then Blue team):

-UNSC officer character:

-UNSC Non officer character:

-AI (other then Cortana):

-UNSC Operation (i.e. Trebuchet, Silent Storm, Winter Contingency, Red Flag, First Strike etc.)

-Alien Character (in game):

-Alien Character (book):

-Alien Species:

-Forerunner Character:

-Favorite battle (Harvest, Mombassa, Reach, Ark etc.)

-Halo creatures (Game/novel [i.e. Moa, Guta, morolaath, etc])

-Book Character (not found in a game):

-Halo Spaceship (UNSC/Covenant):

-Alien faction (Covenant/Banished/Storm/Keepers of the One Freedom, Halo 2 Heretics etc.)

-Most impactful/heartbreak death (in universe not in a game):

-What planet or location (game or novel/comic/movie) do you like the most?

-If you could bring a character back from death whom would it be:

-Least like lore (character death, game, book, level, vehicle etc.)

-Halo live action commercial:

-Halo live action movie:

-Halo animated production (if Legends write favorite episode):

-Halo book:

-Halo trilogy series:

-Halo short story:

MISC

-Halo soundtrack:

-Halo song:

-Greatest Halo Accomplishment/Memory (Examples: Raising money for a charity playing Halo, Killionaire, Winning a local Halo Tourney, getting all Halo achievements, attended Halo Outpost Discover or other events in real life, high score on Fireteam Raven, being first in line to get a game, taking a picture of MC at a wax museum etc):

-Favorite Memorabilia you own:

-Halo fan fiction story (provide link so we may read):

-Fan drawing/art (provide link so we can see):

-What MP/FF map would you like a short story based off?:

-What Fireteam would you like a new novel be written about?:

-If you could change one thing about Halo lore (game/novel), what would it be?:

-What character/fireteam would you like to see in a story/game that has barely appeared in other Halo lore (game or book)?

-What character in a book would you like to see in a game?

-What unanswered mystery/question/conspiracy theory would you like to finally be revealed?

-If you could pick a name/avatar for an AI, what would it be?

-If you would name an UNSC/Covenant ship what would it be?

-What planet/location mentioned in a book would you like a level in a game so you can play on?

-What decade (i.e.(2490-2499, 2530-2539, 2550- 2559, 2560-2569 etc.) would you like a new novel to take place in?

-If you could write a story what would the plot be (synopsis/cliff notes description)?

-If you would name a new UNSC vehicle after an animal/insect, what would the name be (no description of the vehicle just the name)?

If there is other topics or questions I missed put it down and I’ll update.

2 Likes

-Halo CE level: The Library

-Halo 2 level: Quarantine Zone

-Halo 3 level: The Storm

-Halo ODST level: Uplift Reserve

-Halo Reach level: Tip Of The Spear

-Halo Reach MP map: Sword Base

-Halo Reach Firefight map: Installation 04

-Halo game: Halo Reach

-Halo In-game level cutscene: Cairo Station, when Chief gave the Covenant back their bomb

-Halo weapon (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): The plasma grenade

-Halo vehicle (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): The Ghost

-Halo Achievement/medal you earned (in game achievements): Achievement: Like A Fine Wine, Medal: Sticky Fingers in MP

-Halo easter egg: Halsey’s Lab

-Alien Species: Elites

-Halo creatures (Game/novel [i.e. Moa, Guta, morolaath, etc]) Moa

-Alien faction (Covenant/Banished/Storm/Keepers of the One Freedom, Halo 2 Heretics etc.) The Covenant

-If you could bring a character back from death whom would it be: Noble Six

-Greatest Halo Accomplishment/Memory (Examples: Raising money for a charity playing Halo, Killionaire, Winning a local Halo Tourney, getting all Halo achievements, attended Halo Outpost Discover or other events in real life, high score on Fireteam Raven, being first in line to get a game, taking a picture of MC at a wax museum etc): Getting to Inheritor rank in Halo Reach

-What unanswered mystery/question/conspiracy theory would you like to finally be revealed? The ODST glyphs!

2 Likes

Well I mové the return of Spirit of Fire in the Arc, return on it was beatiful, I mean, we played un the Arc many yeats ago in Halo 3 and see how the Arc is after all we done it’s just wow. I love C. Cutter and red team, even Atriox become a favorite character to me, I hope he don’t die in a nerly future

1 Like

-Halo CE level: The Silent Cartographer

-Halo CE MP map: Blood Glutch

-Halo 2 level: Outskirts

-Halo 2/Anniversary MP map: Lockout

-Halo 3 level: Halo

-Halo 3 MP map: Last Resort

-Halo ODST level: Coastal Highway

-Halo ODST Firefight map: Alpha Site

-Halo Reach level: Tip of the Spear

-Halo Reach MP map: Hemorrhage

-Halo Reach Firefight map: Beachhead

-Halo 4 level: Midnight

-Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode (not individual missions): Invasion

-Halo 4 MP map: Ragnarok

-Halo 5 level: The Breaking

-Halo 5 MP map: Empire

-Halo game: Halo: Reach

-Halo In-game level cutscene: Chief giving the Covenant back their bomb

-Most impactful/heartbreak death (in game): Miranda Keyes

-Halo weapon (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): SMG

-Halo vehicle (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): Falcon

UNIVERSE:
-Spartan (other then S-117): Jerome-092

-Spartan Team/Fireteam (other then Blue team): Red Team

-UNSC officer character: Captain Thomas Lasky

-UNSC Non officer character: Romeo

-AI (other then Cortana): Black Box

-UNSC Operation (i.e. Trebuchet, Silent Storm, Winter Contingency, Red Flag, First Strike etc.): Silent Storm

-Alien Character (in game): Arbiter

-Alien Character (book): Xytan 'Jar Wattinree

-Alien Species: Sangheili

-Forerunner Character: Bornstellar

-Favorite battle (Harvest, Mombassa, Reach, Ark etc.): Fall of Reach

-Halo creatures (Game/novel [i.e. Moa, Guta, morolaath, etc]: Moa

-Book Character (not found in a game): Anton-044

-Halo Spaceship (UNSC/Covenant): Shadow of Intent

-Alien faction (Covenant/Banished/Storm/Keepers of the One Freedom, Halo 2 Heretics etc.): Banished

-Most impactful/heartbreak death (in universe not in a game): Kurt-051

-What planet or location (game or novel/comic/movie) do you like the most?: Reach

-If you could bring a character back from death whom would it be: Anton-044

-Least like lore (character death, game, book, level, vehicle etc.): Rookie’s death

-Halo live action commercial: Deliver Hope

-Halo animated production (if Legends write favorite episode): The Package

-Halo book: Shadows of Reach or Fall of Reach

MISC

-What Fireteam would you like a new novel be written about?: Fireteam Crimson

-What character/fireteam would you like to see in a story/game that has barely appeared in other Halo lore (game or book)? Gray Team

-What character in a book would you like to see in a game? Rion Forge

-If you could pick a name/avatar for an AI, what would it be? Nexus

1 Like

The lore around the UNSC, Forerunner and (especially) Covenant ships!

1 Like

any and all lore around the Spartans (especially Spartan IIIs and IVs) and MJOLNIR power armor

1 Like

-Halo CE level: The Silent Cartographer

-Halo CE MP map: Blood Gulch

-Halo 2 level: The Arbiter

-Halo 2/Anniversary MP map: Backwash

-Halo 3 level: Sierra 117

-Halo 3 MP map: Last Resort

-Halo ODST level: Kizingo Boulevard

-Halo ODST Firefight map: Lost Platoon

-Halo Reach level: Lone Wolf

-Halo Reach MP map: Powerhouse

-Halo Reach Firefight map: Beachhead

-Halo 4 level: Requiem

-Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode (not individual missions): 5

-Halo 4 MP map: Haven

-Halo 5 level: Swords of Sangheilios

-Halo 5 MP map: Truth

-Halo Wars level: The Flood

-Halo Wars 2 level: From the Deep

-Halo Fireteam Raven level: (Haven’t gotten a chance to play yet)

-Spartan Assault Chapter (not individual missions): Monolith

-Halo game: Halo 2/Halo Infinite (From what I’m seeing, could be a big favorite]

-Halo game moment: Halo 3 Ending and Master Chief and Arbiter “Trading one villain for another”

-Halo In-game level cutscene: Halo 2A opening cutscene

-Halo Terminal cinematic: Halo 2A Terminal 12 “The Great Schism”

-Halo MC Cross-game playlist: Tanks, Tanks, Tanks

-Most impactful/heartbreak death (in game): SGT Johnson

-Halo weapon (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): MA37/Plasma Rifle/Boltshot

-Halo vehicle (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): Scorpion/Chopper/Phaeton

-Halo Achievement/medal you earned (in game achievements): War Hero

-Halo easter egg: Halo CE Johnson and Elite hugging.

UNIVERSE:
-Spartan (other then S-117): Naomi-010

-Spartan Team/Fireteam (other then Blue team): Green Team

-UNSC officer character: Jacob Keyes

-UNSC Non officer character: Chips Dubbo

-AI (other then Cortana): Serina (I miss her so much)

-UNSC Operation (i.e. Trebuchet, Silent Storm, Winter Contingency, Red Flag, First Strike etc.) Operation Wolfe

-Alien Character (in game): Thel 'Vadam

-Alien Character (book): Sali 'Nyon

-Alien Species: Sangheili

-Forerunner Character: Faber-Of-Will-And-Might (Master Builder)

-Favorite battle (Harvest, Mombassa, Reach, Ark etc.) Battle of Harvest

-Halo creatures (Game/novel [i.e. Moa, Guta, morolaath, etc]) Moa (Who wants some moa burgers?)

-Book Character (not found in a game): Kurt-051

-Halo Spaceship (UNSC/Covenant): Spirit of Fire

-Alien faction (Covenant/Banished/Storm/Keepers of the One Freedom, Halo 2 Heretics etc.) Banished

-Most impactful/heartbreak death (in universe not in a game): Jacob Keyes

-What planet or location (game or novel/comic/movie) do you like the most? Delta Halo

-If you could bring a character back from death whom would it be: SGT Johnson

-Least like lore (character death, game, book, level, vehicle etc.)

-Halo live action commercial: Deliver Hope

-Halo live action movie: Halo Forward Unto Dawn

-Halo animated production (if Legends write favorite episode): Cant pick between Halo Legends: The Babysitter/The Package/ Halo Evolutions: Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian/ The Return

-Halo book: Fall of Reach

-Halo trilogy series:

-Halo short story: HeadHunters

MISC

-Halo soundtrack: Combat Evolved Anniversary

-Halo song: Lions, Tigers, and…

-Greatest Halo Accomplishment/Memory (Examples: Raising money for a charity playing Halo, Killionaire, Winning a local Halo Tourney, getting all Halo achievements, attended Halo Outpost Discover or other events in real life, high score on Fireteam Raven, being first in line to get a game, taking a picture of MC at a wax museum etc): Beating Halo 3 legendary.

-Favorite Memorabilia you own: Halo 3 Poster

-What Fireteam would you like a new novel be written about?: Fireteam Crimson

-What character/fireteam would you like to see in a story/game that has barely appeared in other Halo lore (game or book)? Kurt-051

-What unanswered mystery/question/conspiracy theory would you like to finally be revealed? ODST Glyphs

-If you could pick a name/avatar for an AI, what would it be? Dumb AI - Anubis, Skull shaped with horns and a red glow

-If you would name an UNSC/Covenant ship what would it be? Ride to Valhalla

-What character/fireteam would you like to see in a story/game that has barely appeared in other Halo lore (game or book)? Black Team

-What decade (i.e.(2490-2499, 2530-2539, 2550- 2559, 2560-2569 etc.) would you like a new novel to take place in? 2569

-If you would name a new UNSC vehicle after an animal/insect, what would the name be (no description of the vehicle just the name)? Bison

1 Like

My favourite part of Halo can be rather simplified and I’m sorry if that goes against the format you want replies to this thread to be in advance.

From the games, my favourite part about Halo is the sandbox, the combat loop and just the environment and vistas surrounding the player, whether that be in campaign or multiplayer. I feel like Halo’s environment tells thousands of stories just from looking at it. I also have to say the Spartan customisation is just great, and what I think makes up a big part of Halo.

Now from a lore standpoint, I am really interested in the lore surrounding the Spartans, specifically the Spartan-IIIs, in which I’m so interested I’ve based 11/13 OC (original character) Spartan-IIIs, the other 2 being a Spartan-II OC and a Spartan-IV. These aren’t just names either mind you, these OC Spartans have backstories, armour choice, loadouts etc. I’ve tried to adapt all of these Spartans to the lore due to how open and free choice you have with the Spartan-III program.

That’s not it from the lore, I also really enjoy delving into ODST lore. Learning about these Elite Troops has really grabbed my interest the moment I learned of them. They’re just such an iconic UNSC troop, such as dropping in from low atmosphere in SOEIV (single occupant exoatmospheric insertion vehicles), and just the variations of the ODST BDU. I do have plans to create an OC ODST, who’ll be serving on one of the UNSC Ships I came up with, the UNSC Spitfire, but I need to get working on that.

Now lastly, what would I like to see Halo cover. Will there’s 2 things that I think would make 2 awesome settings for games or campaign DLC. A game of DLC based on a team or sole ODST Trooper (who you can fully customise how you would like). They’d be a silent character so you can fit yourself into their shoes and get the full immersion of being an ODST. The second thing I’d like to see is a game or DLC where you are a Headhunter (preferably a Spartan-III Headhunter based on my fanaticism I have with the Spartan-IIIs but I could settle for a Spartan-IV Headhunter). Again similar to the ODST proposal, I’d like the armour you wear to be fully customisable and you are tasked with missions across the Galaxy on Covenant strongholds, or Covenant splinter factions etc etc. 343 has got a large variety with this. Maybe we’ll even be deployed to Zeta Halo to clear out remaining Bansihed strongholds post Infinite (if that is feasible and fits with the lore).

So yeah, those are my favourite parts of Halo and what I’d like to see in the future. I’m sorry if it came across as a bit ramble-y, I just wanted to voice my interest as best as I could, and I know I said I wanted it to be simplified, but trust me, this is as simplified as it gets while showing my passion about what I’ve discussed.

1 Like

Game:
-CE Level: 343 Guilty Spark. I love the introduction of the Flood, it is almost perfect, I just feel if there was like atleast a three or five level campaign where you play as Sargent Mckay from Halo: The Flood and actually see the aftermath of Jenkins, it could really show the horror of the Flood in game, especially when you get some wiggle room for expansion.

-CE Map: Its a toss up between three for me: Infinity, Ice Fields, and Gephyrophobia. Infinity I can see being a large map that in the idea of an exploration of a Halo Ring could be used as a great level as if its some kind of Covenant Base during the Battle of Alpha Halo, or being a sort of placement of an artifact on Delta Halo, I just think it has potential to be a sort of area where something big would be placed on a Halo ring. Ice Fields meanwhile is just fun not much too it, it could be a placement of a Skirmish as I could see it in Two Betrayals and its counterpart. Gephyrophobia meanwhile is one that the atmosphere is perfect, if it were to ever return, especially in Infinite, it could work perfectly as a sort of Flood hold out, possibly seeing passive Sentinels float around on the map going back and fourth as they would clean up areas beyond our reach, it just works very well as a horror based map.

-Halo 2 Level: I will be kind of cheap and say The Great Journey as it is truely the turning point of the halo universe, being what ends the war, the betrayal of the Elites and the falling apart of the Covenant as most species split between the two. Thats the only thing about Halo 3 that bugs me though, due to the split we should see ally grunts and Lekgolo atleast but we don’t. Personally I feel the Lekgolo that were apart of Mgalekgolo instead of Scarabs and other Vehicles would have for the most part been apart of the Swords as their motivation of being in the Covenant is closest to the Yanme’e being a sort of oath of fealty, but instead of to the prophets its to the Sangheili as the Arbiter that found them truely had them come out and flourish beyond their home world of an asteroid belt.

(Skipping maps now)
-Halo 3 level: My least favorite game but still gonna choose one being Halo. That level is well design and the factor of Johnson’s death and Cheif being left Derilect are good points, but I mainly choose this for that ending cutscene with Arbiter and Hood where they start to trust one another, showing the bond between humanity and the Elites which ONI can easily screw up when looking to the EU because as is the Sangheili have a small population in comparison to humanity so their efforts of making a virus for their crops is some CIA level BS.

-Halo ODST Level: Mombasa Streets, an odd choice I am sure but the audio logs were done fantastically here, telling a story of what happened before Rookie wakes up in the streets, plus that atmosphere. ODST is one of my favorite Halo Games and its primarily for that kind of reason. From what we seen of Halo Infinite so far though, I feel it may live up to ODST’s story telling at least but surpass any Halo Game we seen though.

-Halo Reach Level: Simple, New Alexandria. Its a good breather mission, setting the tone for the rest of the campaign of constant loss and constant fighting, its legitimately one of the best Halo Levels ever to be done. I would compare it to a level from Metro Last Light which in itself the Metro Series knows how to tell an amazing story with amazing levels to boot. The closest comparison to New Alexandria i can think of is Bridge from Metro Last Light, a perfect Breather with some action but primarily calming down from the previous high octane parts before launching into an ending of dire circumstance, in the case of Metro, its saving a species and stoping some Nazis, but for Reach its prelude is Operation Upper Cut and siren song is the fall of reach itself. Truely, it is an amazing level and a good piece of lore to know that there was atleast some survivors outside of the Autumn and those in First Strike.

-Halo 4 Level: Composer, being the lowest point in Halo 4, that level shows how bad the Forerunners were giving creedence to the Gravemind bringing fourth the idea of the sins of the father sort of idea upon humanity, as they were heading in the direction of the the Forerunners. Composer shows the contrast between Humanity and the Forerunners along with the parallel, it is also a good mission simply to show the Didact’s true monstrosity and why he needs to be stopped,

-Halo Wars Level: Escape. I have watched playthroughs of Halo Wars 2 but I have no say on that but for Halo Wars, Escape is the best level I can think of. I am not a big fan of RTS games but those cut scenes and the story telling in the last level before the Spirit of Fire is lost to space is excellent enough to make it a great game as it told a good story with what it had to offer.

-Halo Game: Halo 2, simply to me it has the best story telling overall with 4 and ODST trailing very close behind it, Halo 2 just gets above the rest for me due to the Arbiter. Playing as a different species in the Halo Universe just somehow seems more fun to me in my opinion because you get the chance to see more of a culture that could be fleshed out more.

-Halo Game Moment: Toss up between three moments. The first being where Cheif finds Jenkins’s helmet and watches that cutscene, it may not be my favorite but when adding the moment after that of investigating the room before the Flood comes in, its a good moment of terror for when you first see it. Second would be the moment where Sesa 'Rufamee and 343 Guilty Spark were breaking the news to Thel and Sesa was to anxious of the situation and betrayed Thel and attacked, its a good character establishing moment if they were to reuse him in a past encounter for a Spartan or another Elite. Meanwhile the last one is the siege on Delta Halo’s control room, that whole level fits here as its where Humanity and the Sangheili join as one force in order to save the universe from assured annihilation by the hands of the Brutes and Prophets.

-Cutscene: Everything from Halo Wars but also the Cutscene of the Arbiter getting the Index in Halo 2, great visual storytelling in both and Overall I mainly love Elites in design and most characters we seen.

-Terminal Cinematic: Taming of the Hunters, I feel this one is kind of sweet weirdly enough, Its just one I like to watch from time to time because it was still under the idea when the Arbiter was a title of Valor.

-Heatbreaking Death: Easily Jorge, Johnson may be a close second but Jorge is the most likable character from Noble Team, although his death is less assured as a Slipspace explosion just means he was launched elsewhere in space and from being aboard a ship it could be like Chief where he would have just been trapped somewhere else in the universe. That could be a good DLC campaign for Infinite, just a mini-campaign, like what Metro does, where you play as Jorge, going through some alien world and it ends with a cutscene of going through years of him surviving by himself, possibly with an Elite or Covenant member he made peace with, then after years a Spartan 4 team finds him and the Legendary scene at the end would be a reunion with Jun.

-Halo Weapon: For no lore reason but because I think its fun to use, the Suppressor, but the SMG in Halo 3 specifically is also fun to use.

-Halo Vehicle: In game, I would say the Ghost or Cobra, but in the rest of the lore its a toss up of many factors with the main one being the Yggdrasil Mark 1 armor, because I feel that design would work best for that kind of thing the Mantis wanted to achieve, and it still feels extremely fitting within Halo.

-Spartan: Naomi 010, the only survivor of Gold Team, the Kilo-Five Trilogy is the best of the Halo Novels and she is honestly the character I based my character of Robin B216 lightly on when taking from the Halo Universe itself.

-Spartan Fireteam: Black Team, besides Red, Noble, Blue, and Osiris Black Team is really the only other offically Spartan Fire team, they are cool but if they count, Kilo-Five is my true favorite.

Due to worry of running into the character limit, I shall give more of these in what I think are important and more brief
-Alien Character (In Game): Thel 'Vadamee

-Alien Character (Book): Zuka 'Zumamee, Tem’Behtek, or Castor

-Alien Species: Sangheili but San’Shyuum Prelates are cool

-Alien Faction: Swords of Sangheilios

-Most impactful death (Nongame): Kurt 051

-Animated Production: Homecoming, Halo legends

-Halo Book: Silent Storm or Moral Dictata

-Halo Trilogy series: Kilo-Five Trilogy

-Short Story: The Return, Halo Escalation

-Halo Soundtrack: Halo 2 or Halo Reach

-Fan fiction: I mean shameless plug time, for my own work archiveofourown,org/works/32697619/chapters/81117781
(Waypoint won’t let me send links still)

-MP Short story: Infinity like I said earlier but another would be Containment

-New Fireteam for a novel: Litterally, anything about Spartan II Class II, we only know of two members and a candidate and it happpened even though Halsey left so please something more.

-Change one thing: Jorge’s death, already said my idea above. Alternatively Daisy’s death being retconnable from her body being recovered and later revived like the members of Red Team or Linda in First Strike

-Book character in a game: Naomi 010 or Daisy 023

-Mystery to be solved: Fate of Offensive Bias

Decade for new story: Honestly I think a story based during the 2160s would be cool because the Rainforest wars, but another story would possibly be during the Insurgency conflict possibly having to do with the Orion project members in the 2480s or 2490s, whenever that happened. Besides all that something in the 2540s for Spartan II Class II please.

Synopsis of my own story: Halo Burning Skies, A story from reach about one of the Spartan III teams thought dead, Echo Team. The infiltration based fireteam was placed upon Reach due to half of their rank being Spartan IIs, having the chance to join Operation Red Flag before the fall began. Echo Team survives, being left out of contact through most of the Fall of Reach, before an old ally of their leader, Robin B216 saves them, with the Covenant’s Schism being on the horizon with their old friend’s aid.

2 Likes

Here’s mine :blush:

GAME:

Halo Reach level: The Pillar of Autumn -just watching the ship pull away as your Noble Six stays behind to sacrifice themselves just breaks my heart every time and I love it.

Halo CE level: Halo -I really loved the sense of scale and majesty it had. After I had gone through the ‘natural cave formation’ and saw the ring just open up paired with the music was incredible. It’s what’s made Halo as a franchise special.

Halo 2 level: The Arbiter -I wasn’t expecting to play as the Arbiter at all, so the surprising of being able to play at an Elite, and not just any Elite but the one who had destroyed Reach and lead the assault on Installation 04. loved discovering that he wasn’t too dissimilar from Chief.

Halo ODST level: Mombasa Streets -I know it’s not as exciting, but I really enjoyed playing as Rookie searching for his teammates in the ruined and abandoned streets. The way the pace was slowed down and the sombre atmosphere was a great counterpart the more frantetic mission with the other ODST and the main games.

Halo 3 level: The Covenant -That bit where you fight alongside the Arbiter and the Flood to stop Truth then the Flood turn on you is just amazing. Even though I knew what would happen, it was still surprising and exhilarating to see friend turn to foe.

Halo 4 level: Infinity -I really like the gameplay for this one, it was fun to explore the jungle and then to come out to find yourself in the middle of this huge engagement between the Didact’s forces, the remains of the Covenant and the UNSC. Plus the Mantis bit was fun!

Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode (not individual missions): I’ve not played them all, but I’ve enjoyed watching the little videos that come with it. So as of yet I don’t really have a favourite.

Halo 5 level: Alliance - I’ve not played 5 but I enjoyed watching this bit in a play-through, seeing all the little interactions between the aliens was fun. Plus it gave everyone a little bit more life and character.

Halo game: Reach-I can’t really explain why, but the game just resonates with me. There’s just something about the story of Noble Team’s sacrifice that gets me, even more so having played the other games.

Halo game moment: It’s hard to pinpoint one moment, each game is special in its own way. I have loads of the campaigns that stay in my head, so I’m not sure I could pick a favourite.

Halo In-game level cutscene: When you meet the Gravemind for the first time, especially with Blurs cutscenes. Sent shivers down my spine.

Halo Terminal cinematic: The Grunt Rebellion, I just love the Grunts so much

Halo MC Cross-game playlist: The Masterchief Saga/story playlist

Most impactful/heartbreak death (in game): Noble Six

Halo weapon (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): Shotgun, Sniper rifle, Covenant Carbine

Halo vehicle (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): Rocket/Gauss Hog

Halo Achievement/medal you earned (in game achievements): Audiophile (ODST) and We’re Gonna Need a Bigger Ship (Reach) They both took forever to get and I’m proud of getting them XD

Halo easter egg: A Grunt riding a Crawler in Halo 5

UNIVERSE:

Spartan (other than S-117): Spartan Fred-104

Spartan Team/Fireteam (other than Blue team): Black Team

UNSC officer character: Captain Thomas Lasky

UNSC Non officer character: Carol “Foe Hammer” Rawley

AI (other than Cortana): Black Box ‘BB’

UNSC Operation (i.e. Trebuchet, Silent Storm, Winter Contingency, Red Flag, First Strike etc.) Silent Storm

Alien Character (in game): Thel ‘Vadam, The Shipmaster

Alien Character (book): Prone To Drift

Alien Species: Engineers and Grunts

Forerunner Character: Bornstellar-Makes-Eternal-Lasting (IsoDidact)

Favourite battle (Harvest, Mombassa, Reach, Ark etc.) Reach

Halo creatures (Game/novel [i.e. Moa, Guta, morolaath, etc]) Moa

Book Character (not found in a game): Spartan Kurt-051, Tem’Bhetek, Bapap,

Zuka 'Zamamee, Yayap

Halo Spaceship (UNSC/Covenant): Shadow of Intent

Alien faction (Covenant/Banished/Storm/Keepers of the One Freedom, Halo 2 Heretics etc.) The Covenant and Swords of Sanghelios

Most impactful/heartbreak death (in universe not in a game): Spartan Kurt-051 and Private Jenkins

What planet or location (game or novel/comic/movie) do you like the most? Reach

If you could bring a character back from death whom would it be: Sergeant Johnson

Least like d lore (character death, game, book, level, vehicle etc.) Rookie’s death-he deserved better

Halo live action movie: Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Halo animated production (if Legends write favo u rite episode): The Mona Lisa/Origins I and II

Halo book: Hunters in the Dark, Ghosts of Onyx

Halo trilogy series: Ferrets Series, The Kilo-Five Trilogy

Halo short story: Shadow of Intent

MISC

Halo soundtrack: 117 (Halo 4)

Halo song: Axios (Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn)

Greatest Halo Accomplishment/Memory (Examples: Raising money for a charity playing Halo, Killionaire, Winning a local Halo Tourney, getting all Halo achievements, attended Halo Outpost Discover or other events in real life, high score on Fireteam Raven, being first in line to get a game, taking a picture of MC at a wax museum etc): I’ve read all the novels and short stories currently in publication, in under 4 months.

Favourite Memorabilia you own: None yet =( But I really want a Master Chief Funko Pop

Fan drawing/art (provide link so we can see): The art I drew of John 117 for CE’s anniversary
.twitter.com/Briarfox13/status/1460246557576597508
Just take out the full stop at the beginning and it’ll work. Sorry, I can’t post proper links yet.

What character/fireteam would you like to see in a story/game that has barely appeared in other Halo lore (game or book)? The Warden Eternal, while I’ve not played 5 (I’m a PC player) I found him curious!

What character in a book would you like to see in a game? Spartans Tom and Lucy

What unanswered mystery/question/conspiracy theory would you like to finally be revealed? What happened to the surviving Forerunners after the firing of the Rings?

If you could pick a name/avatar for an AI, what would it be? Hestia

If you would name an UNSC/Covenant ship what would it be? Trojan Horse

If you would name a new UNSC vehicle after an animal/insect, what would the name be (no description of the vehicle just the name)? Weasel

1 Like

I started to read your story, it’s good so far!! I’m curious to see how it goes!!

And I really like the cover art!

1 Like

I think halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aliens and doesn’t afraid of anything

For many of us our first experience of Halo was receiving a gun from Captain Keyes and crash landing on a mysterious ring. Fast forward 20 years later and we have been enriched with stories, games, comics, animated, cinematic productions etc. that told a vast story of this universe that all of us have followed and loved even after we escaped on a Longshore from Installation 04.

Now it’s time for you Spartans to tell us what was your favorite parts of games and the lore is and what lore would you like to be expanded upon

GAME:
-Halo CE level: Assault on the Control Room

-Halo CE MP map: Blood Gulch

-Halo 2 level: Metropolis

-Halo 2/Anniversary MP map: Containment

-Halo 3 level: The Covenant

-Halo 3 MP map: Orbital

-Halo ODST level: Kizingo Boulevard

-Halo ODST Firefight map: Alpha Site

-Halo Reach level: Pillar of Autumn

-Halo Reach MP map: Highlands

-Halo Reach Firefight map: Unearthed

-Halo 4 level: Infinity

-Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode (not individual missions): Invasion

-Halo 4 MP map: Haven

-Halo 5 level: Glassed

-Halo 5 MP map: Truth

-Halo Wars level: Arcadia City

-Halo Wars 2 level: Final Stand

-Halo Fireteam Raven level:

-Halo game: Halo 3

-Halo game moment: Birth of a Spartan

-Halo In-game level cutscene: Watching the Infinity ram the Cruiser.

-Halo CE level: Assult on the control room

-Halo CE MP map: Sidewinder

-Halo 2 level: Metropolis

-Halo 2/Anniversary MP map: Old schooler/haven’t played them yet

-Halo 3 level: Voi

-Halo 3 MP map: Guardian

-Halo ODST level: Uplift

-Halo ODST Firefight map: Uplift

-Halo Reach level: Tip of the spear

-Halo Reach MP map: Sword base

-Halo Reach Firefight map: Installation 04 (ODST’S!!)

-Halo 4 level: I liked the cutscenes more then the actual game, if I plugged in my Xbox and put that game in I would play the first cutscene then play Spartan ops

-Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode (not individual missions): anything on Apex or the first ones. Loadouts would have been nice though

-Halo 4 MP map: Nothing is even ringing a bell

-Halo 5 level: opted out

-Halo 5 MP map: opted out

-Halo Wars level: Arcadia

-Halo Wars 2 level: Haven’t played it, watched a playthrough and honestly I couldn’t choose.

-Halo Fireteam Raven level: same as above

-Spartan Assault Chapter (not individual missions): same as above

-Halo game: Reach! All day

-Halo game moment: running and gunning through new Alexandria

-Halo In-game level cutscene: either Carters sacrifice or noble actual

-Halo Terminal cinematic: piller of autumn

-Halo MC Cross-game playlist: not sure what this is

-Most impactful/heartbreak death (in game): Kat

-Halo weapon (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): Grenade launcher MASTER, plasma repeater, a Halo

-Halo vehicle (UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner): Warthog, any covvy carrier, cause I like boarding them. Nothing on Covenant or forerunner tech. Im a soldier through and through

-Halo Achievement/medal you earned (in game achievements): the constant stream of double kills from reach on SWAT back in the day

-Halo easter egg: thirsty grunt!!

UNIVERSE:
-Spartan (other then S-117): Naomi

-Spartan Team/Fireteam (other then Blue team): Jonah and whatshisname!!! From headhunters

-UNSC officer character: Margaret O. Parengosky baby

-UNSC Non officer character: SSgt Burn

-AI (other then Cortana): Black Box

-UNSC Operation: Winter Contingency

-Alien Character (in game): Jul

-Alien Character (book): Maccabius, Tartarus’s uncle

-Alien Species: Hingeheads

-Forerunner Character:

-Favorite battle: Harvest, four years of combat. Boing

-Halo creatures: the rat

-Book Character: Rion Forge

-Halo Spaceship (UNSC/Covenant): Destroyers, corvettes

-Alien faction: Abiding truth

-Most impactful/heartbreak death (in universe not in a game): rookie

-What planet or location (game or novel/comic/movie) do you like the most? Earth!

I know it’s a bit of a cop out, but my favorite part of the lore is that it’s no where near done. It’s possibilities are, no pun intended, infinite. lol