20 year anniversary mean anything for Infinite?

Halo will be turning 20 in a few more years. With such a big milestone on the horizon, does anyone think this will affect Halo Infinite’s launch? It would be cool to have the game release on the same day Halo: The Fall of Reach or Halo: Combat Evolved did. However, this would mean a long wait for us fans and I don’t think Microsoft wants the game to take too long to release. Or maybe there will be something on the MCC to celebrate the anniversary.
I don’t know. What does everyone else think?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a H3A or HRA in that year. But even that’s doubtful. Maybe some sort of event after release? I’m not sure. I just don’t want to wait another 3 years.

> 2533274888753908;2:
> I wouldn’t be surprised to see a H3A or HRA in that year. But even that’s doubtful. Maybe some sort of event after release? I’m not sure. I just don’t want to wait another 3 years.

I would. Reach doesn’t need a remake whatsoever

> 2535459820668259;1:
> Halo will be turning 20 in a few more years. With such a big milestone on the horizon, does anyone think this will affect Halo Infinite’s launch? It would be cool to have the game release on the same day Halo: The Fall of Reach or Halo: Combat Evolved did. However, this would mean a long wait for us fans and I don’t think Microsoft wants the game to take too long to release. Or maybe there will be something on the MCC to celebrate the anniversary.
> I don’t know. What does everyone else think?

They could just bring all of Reach’s maps to be remade in Infinite’s multiplayer for Reach’s 10th anniversary

No more remasters/anniversaries. It isn’t necessary, atleast until a decade from now. Halo 3 & Reach still look decent even on the XB1. Maybe a 4k upgrade to reach, but that’s it.

Maybe a spinoff Halo game would be launched though

I’d take a spinoff, that’s where junk characters like Locke could be main protagonists. But I dont know how 343 would do it, because I don’t think it should take up dev cycles or take up time from new multiplayer development. Having the multiplayer be reborn too often will just lead to cod like over saturation.

I would be thrilled if we saw H3A, but I’m not convinced it will be released at all. So many people hated on the idea at the time most of us expected it to come out and I can already hear the new generation of Halo players complaining it still looks great ten years from now. If we get anything, I doubt it will interest me. They didn’t do anything that special on H3’s anniversary, which was already pretty lame.

We don’t need a remaster for 3 or Reach. Both games play incredibly well to this day. All Reach needs is an X enhancement like 3 and it will be graphically sustainable for a while as well.

I will happily wait until 2021 if it gives 343i more time to perfect the game. However, I don’t want to be left in the dark over that period. I’m sure 343i would keep us updated with blogs and videos over that time.

I doubt they’d delay infinite to November of 2021, that’d be a ridiculous 6 years of waiting after H5, it’s a good way to lose fan interest and it just let’s other IPS get more of the market while Halo twiddles it’s thumbs to launch on an anniversary that’s already been done in the past. Furthermore I myself don’t see a reason for them to use up so much time.

To me it’s simple, do what they did with reach IE bring back the original maps in their own little mode for people to play, even then I don’t see why we need anything game related, various franchises simply go down memory lane with anniversaries where those devs just talk about how they fared with the development of it and anwser questions, some will just make videos playing it.

Thinking that Halo Infinite will release in 2020 (my belief), I think 343i is focused on Halo 5 and MCC until then. A surprise Halo 3 anniversary would be cool, but it’s really not needed. If it was released then I think it would be added to MCC, because MCC is in game pass anyway. It would be cool to see a 4k Reach and multiplayer added to MCC.

doubt they would wait that long

H3A would be awesome. Probably out sell H5.

I’m someone that stands by what I said. I’ve been saying a lot that Halo Infinite will be releasing in late 2020, but with that in mind I wouldn’t be surprised that they release H6 and the 20th Anniversary of Halo.

> 2533274989469309;3:
> > 2533274888753908;2:
> > I wouldn’t be surprised to see a H3A or HRA in that year. But even that’s doubtful. Maybe some sort of event after release? I’m not sure. I just don’t want to wait another 3 years.
>
> I would. Reach doesn’t need a remake whatsoever
>
>
> > 2535459820668259;1:
> > Halo will be turning 20 in a few more years. With such a big milestone on the horizon, does anyone think this will affect Halo Infinite’s launch? It would be cool to have the game release on the same day Halo: The Fall of Reach or Halo: Combat Evolved did. However, this would mean a long wait for us fans and I don’t think Microsoft wants the game to take too long to release. Or maybe there will be something on the MCC to celebrate the anniversary.
> > I don’t know. What does everyone else think?
>
> They could just bring all of Reach’s maps to be remade in Infinite’s multiplayer for Reach’s 10th anniversary

Reach needs to be added to MCC. The population is on life support on BC and playing in 30 FPS after being spoiled by MCC is hard.

> 2533274846307559;14:
> > 2533274989469309;3:
> > > 2533274888753908;2:
> > > I wouldn’t be surprised to see a H3A or HRA in that year. But even that’s doubtful. Maybe some sort of event after release? I’m not sure. I just don’t want to wait another 3 years.
> >
> > I would. Reach doesn’t need a remake whatsoever
> >
> >
> > > 2535459820668259;1:
> > > Halo will be turning 20 in a few more years. With such a big milestone on the horizon, does anyone think this will affect Halo Infinite’s launch? It would be cool to have the game release on the same day Halo: The Fall of Reach or Halo: Combat Evolved did. However, this would mean a long wait for us fans and I don’t think Microsoft wants the game to take too long to release. Or maybe there will be something on the MCC to celebrate the anniversary.
> > > I don’t know. What does everyone else think?
> >
> > They could just bring all of Reach’s maps to be remade in Infinite’s multiplayer for Reach’s 10th anniversary
>
> Reach needs to be added to MCC. The population is on life support on BC and playing in 30 FPS after being spoiled by MCC is hard.

Reach would be the only exceptional Bungie Halo to be put into MCC; 1 and 2 are there as well as their remastered versions, Halo 3 is present along with Halo 3 ODST campaign edition