20 More Issues with Halo: Reach

I missed quite a few points on the last problem list, so here’s another!

1. Bulltrues

This medal is nearly entirely pointless because pretty much everytime you get this medal, you’ll get killed by the enemy’s dead body afterwards anyway. Only real way is to save someone by grenading the enemy as they’re lunging.

1. Non-Random Zombies

It’s especially annoying when you go to play zombies and every single round you play you get put as a zombie, despite the fact the 1st place person who will probably have like 20+ kills, won’t be on it at all. It’s unfair and gives out undeserving game wins.

1. Laggy Players Even On “Good Connection” Searching

A question to ask: Why have a good connection option for searching if you’re going to get put with laggy players anyway?

And don’t give the excuse it’s my connection because it’s usually just 1 or 2 players jolting around and everything else is fine (able to pick up guns without delay).

1. Overpowered Weapons

Concussion Rifle, Needler, Grenade Launcher, Frag Grenades, and Laser Rifle (Or whatever it’s called). Firstly, the Concussion Rifle, Grenade launcher and Laser Rifle don’t really need to be in the game. Also, the needler and frag’s damage was balanced in Halo 3. You could say the Laser Rifle is like the one from Halo 3 but it didn’t need that much of an upgrade.

1. Image, Ellul and Those Other Forge Maps

They suck. End of story.

1. Uncaged

There’s just one problem with this map. Jetpackers. I don’t really need to expand on that point anymore.

1. Grenade Challenges

I wish these would be removed because all they do is encourage even more grenade spammage on top of the already ridiculous amount that goes on normally.

1. Removal of Firefight Doubles

Why? It was a good gametype for two people to have fun and get challenges, why get rid of it?

1. DLC Playlist Removal

Nice move, so now there’s like a >5% chance of actually getting a DLC map to pop up. Way to rip off paying fans.

1. 1 Vehicle Map in Team Slayer

And it’s a crappy Forge World map which makes getting the ghost pretty pointless. Why not have any maps like Valhalla, High Ground or Last Resort? Those had vehicles, why have only one map with a ghost on it?

1. Stupid Spawning

You know why it’s so easy to spawn-trap? Because for some reason, Reach likes to spawn you next to your nearest player most of the time (Unless there’s 2 on 4, in which case it wants to make it as unfair as possible by spawning you as far away from your teammate as possible). Ok, this isn’t too bad, what is bad is when your player is trapped by campers and so you constantly get spawned into a shotgun barrel.

1. Replacement Zombies

So when a zombie rage quits because they keep being on every round, it kills off another player for the zombies. This idea is waayyy flawed. It shouldn’t kill off players when over half the lobby is zombies, that’s just limited. It’s just an excuse for zombies to quit so their friends in the same party “kill” the people doing well.

1. Biased Headhunter Spawning

I’ve had messages over xbox when I get lucky with this claiming I’m a cheat because somebody scores an overkill or whatever then I spawn 2m away from the player getting the skulls, pop one shot and kill them. Because of it I win. Now, this isn’t just me getting it. I was playing with some family members online and I got a killtacular. Pretty good, but then my sister respawns next to me and beats me down and wins. Obviously she’s not a cheat since I doubt she even has the technical know-how on doing it. Just pretty bad spawning IMO.

1. People Camping Inside Capture Zones

Most obviously on Headhunter and Stockpile, there’s always those -Yoinks!- who can’t play fair so they camp with a shotgun inside the zone for cheap points. In my opinion, there should be an out-of-bounds zone around them so players have to go in and get out of the zones quickly. This would make it so it’s impossible to camp in them.

1. Glitchy Stickies

Oh I hate it when I stick someone and they go on armourlock, but that’s besides the point. I hate it even more when I stick a jetpacker and the sticky just bounces off as if they were using AL. I don’t understand how this keeps happening and it’s got to be something to with Jetpacks since I’ve successfully stuck Sprinters, Camo Users and Hologram users fine.

1. Horrible Hit Detection

Numerous examples of this are everywhere. Sticking people through glass, swording people though solid walls and missing a snipe yet getting a sniper kill anyway. Don’t believe me? Just go and grab a snipe and ride around feeling like a pro no-scoping people with ease from a revenant passenger seat for the Killionaire. I bet you believe me now.

1. DMR Randomness

This makes no sense to me since I’ve tested this with a guest on Custom Games. It takes around 4 headshots with a DMR to kill someone. However, sometimes people can get killed on full health with 2-3 headshots. Playing once on split-screen online my brother got hit once and died on full health. Now I’m not claiming anyone cheating here as it’s most likely the unpredictable game engine screwing up the hit damages but please, come up with a fix. The TU doesn’t fix this issue by the way.

1. Explosion Inconsistencies

Simular to the DMRs, explosions do random damage as well. I’ve survived a rocket to the face countless times and also shot a last rocket point-blank at someone yet I’m the only one to die. Not just rockets but frag grenades don’t actually have a specific damage either. Sometimes I can get hit by 5 spammed at me and be on no shields yet other times I die on 1 when I just spawned in.

1. Firefight Isn’t Fun Anymore

Firefight used to be a great gametype in ODST, with it’s incoming waves and the challenge to survive. It wasn’t just about points, it took skill. Which is what Reach’s Firefight is lacking. All it is now is just a score fest, there’s no more challenge since every gametype gives you such an insane advantage that it’s not fun now. Rocketfight and Fiestafight are prime examples. Regular firefight is still easy as hell even on Heroic.

1. Halo Can’t Count

This has gotten even worse lately where the kills don’t add up. In game I could have say 24 points, yet, in the carnage report, only 19 kills? I can understand having 24 points and 25 kills since commiting suicide and betraying loses you a point. It’s even stranger when in Infection, I’ve had 15 kills in one round and Last-Man-Standing. Should be a Running Riot/Hell’s Jerome no? According to Halo: Reach my highest spree was 14. Impossible.

Wow that’s a lot of points, but that’s everything I can think of worth complaining about right now. Not saying that every problem since Reach is 2nd glitchiest game under the Gears of War series. I may talk about more if I feel it necessary but that’s it for now. :slight_smile:

I have to disagree on one thing. Fiesta Fight is still fun.

I think you need some fresh air…

I think you need to come up with a more original post.

The game has been out for over 2 years and people are still complaining, smh. Everything you stated has been complained about a million times over. Get over it and move on.

If the game causes this much rage, don’t play it.

“Stop twirling the mic dewd.”

> I missed quite a few points on the last problem list, so here’s another!
>
>
> 1) Bulltrues
>
> This medal is nearly entirely pointless because pretty much everytime you get this medal, you’ll get killed by the enemy’s dead body afterwards anyway. Only real way is to save someone by grenading the enemy as they’re lunging.
>
>
> 2) Non-Random Zombies
>
> It’s especially annoying when you go to play zombies and every single round you play you get put as a zombie, despite the fact the 1st place person who will probably have like 20+ kills, won’t be on it at all. It’s unfair and gives out undeserving game wins.
>
>
> 3) Laggy Players Even On “Good Connection” Searching
>
> A question to ask: Why have a good connection option for searching if you’re going to get put with laggy players anyway?
>
> And don’t give the excuse it’s my connection because it’s usually just 1 or 2 players jolting around and everything else is fine (able to pick up guns without delay).
>
>
> 4) Overpowered Weapons
>
> Concussion Rifle, Needler, Grenade Launcher, Frag Grenades, and Laser Rifle (Or whatever it’s called). Firstly, the Concussion Rifle, Grenade launcher and Laser Rifle don’t really need to be in the game. Also, the needler and frag’s damage was balanced in Halo 3. You could say the Laser Rifle is like the one from Halo 3 but it didn’t need that much of an upgrade.
>
>
> 5) Image, Ellul and Those Other Forge Maps
>
> They suck. End of story.
>
>
> 6) Uncaged
>
> There’s just one problem with this map. Jetpackers. I don’t really need to expand on that point anymore.
>
>
> 7) Grenade Challenges
>
> I wish these would be removed because all they do is encourage even more grenade spammage on top of the already ridiculous amount that goes on normally.
>
>
> 8) Removal of Firefight Doubles
>
> Why? It was a good gametype for two people to have fun and get challenges, why get rid of it?
>
>
> 9) DLC Playlist Removal
>
> Nice move, so now there’s like a >5% chance of actually getting a DLC map to pop up. Way to rip off paying fans.
>
>
> 10) 1 Vehicle Map in Team Slayer
>
> And it’s a crappy Forge World map which makes getting the ghost pretty pointless. Why not have any maps like Valhalla, High Ground or Last Resort? Those had vehicles, why have only one map with a ghost on it?
>
>
> 11) Stupid Spawning
>
> You know why it’s so easy to spawn-trap? Because for some reason, Reach likes to spawn you next to your nearest player most of the time (Unless there’s 2 on 4, in which case it wants to make it as unfair as possible by spawning you as far away from your teammate as possible). Ok, this isn’t too bad, what is bad is when your player is trapped by campers and so you constantly get spawned into a shotgun barrel.
>
>
> 12) Replacement Zombies
>
> So when a zombie rage quits because they keep being on every round, it kills off another player for the zombies. This idea is waayyy flawed. It shouldn’t kill off players when over half the lobby is zombies, that’s just limited. It’s just an excuse for zombies to quit so their friends in the same party “kill” the people doing well.
>
>
> 13) Biased Headhunter Spawning
>
> I’ve had messages over xbox when I get lucky with this claiming I’m a cheat because somebody scores an overkill or whatever then I spawn 2m away from the player getting the skulls, pop one shot and kill them. Because of it I win. Now, this isn’t just me getting it. I was playing with some family members online and I got a killtacular. Pretty good, but then my sister respawns next to me and beats me down and wins. Obviously she’s not a cheat since I doubt she even has the technical know-how on doing it. Just pretty bad spawning IMO.
>
>
> 14) People Camping Inside Capture Zones
>
> Most obviously on Headhunter and Stockpile, there’s always those -Yoinks!- who can’t play fair so they camp with a shotgun inside the zone for cheap points. In my opinion, there should be an out-of-bounds zone around them so players have to go in and get out of the zones quickly. This would make it so it’s impossible to camp in them.
>
>
> 15) Glitchy Stickies
>
> Oh I hate it when I stick someone and they go on armourlock, but that’s besides the point. I hate it even more when I stick a jetpacker and the sticky just bounces off as if they were using AL. I don’t understand how this keeps happening and it’s got to be something to with Jetpacks since I’ve successfully stuck Sprinters, Camo Users and Hologram users fine.
>
>
> 16) Horrible Hit Detection
>
> Numerous examples of this are everywhere. Sticking people through glass, swording people though solid walls and missing a snipe yet getting a sniper kill anyway. Don’t believe me? Just go and grab a snipe and ride around feeling like a pro no-scoping people with ease from a revenant passenger seat for the Killionaire. I bet you believe me now.
>
>
> 17) DMR Randomness
>
> This makes no sense to me since I’ve tested this with a guest on Custom Games. It takes around 4 headshots with a DMR to kill someone. However, sometimes people can get killed on full health with 2-3 headshots. Playing once on split-screen online my brother got hit once and died on full health. Now I’m not claiming anyone cheating here as it’s most likely the unpredictable game engine screwing up the hit damages but please, come up with a fix. The TU doesn’t fix this issue by the way.
>
>
> 18) Explosion Inconsistencies
>
> Simular to the DMRs, explosions do random damage as well. I’ve survived a rocket to the face countless times and also shot a last rocket point-blank at someone yet I’m the only one to die. Not just rockets but frag grenades don’t actually have a specific damage either. Sometimes I can get hit by 5 spammed at me and be on no shields yet other times I die on 1 when I just spawned in.
>
>
> 19) Firefight Isn’t Fun Anymore
>
> Firefight used to be a great gametype in ODST, with it’s incoming waves and the challenge to survive. It wasn’t just about points, it took skill. Which is what Reach’s Firefight is lacking. All it is now is just a score fest, there’s no more challenge since every gametype gives you such an insane advantage that it’s not fun now. Rocketfight and Fiestafight are prime examples. Regular firefight is still easy as hell even on Heroic.
>
>
> 20) Halo Can’t Count
>
> This has gotten even worse lately where the kills don’t add up. In game I could have say 24 points, yet, in the carnage report, only 19 kills? I can understand having 24 points and 25 kills since commiting suicide and betraying loses you a point. It’s even stranger when in Infection, I’ve had 15 kills in one round and Last-Man-Standing. Should be a Running Riot/Hell’s Jerome no? According to Halo: Reach my highest spree was 14. Impossible.
>
>
> Wow that’s a lot of points, but that’s everything I can think of worth complaining about right now. Not saying that every problem since Reach is 2nd glitchiest game under the Gears of War series. I may talk about more if I feel it necessary but that’s it for now. :slight_smile:

Face Palm

Dude, we went over this god knows how many times. Halo 4 is gonna be released soon so stop complaining and end it. Im happy with Reach, you probably had bad luck on your side, but i actually enjoyed it. You on the other hand, i don’t know what to say.

if you play BTB heavies you get 2 points for a headshot (which is kinda stupid).
But yeah i do agree with you on this, although for me its usually vice versa. The game will say i have 35 kills at the end and the the stats will say i have 42 kills or something. I dont betray at all, maybe 1 time per 5 games by accident. its all very weird.