2 Things.

I’m watching the Machinima Halo 4 stream. During this stream, the player won a game about 600-200. He got less than 300 credits for a victory bonus!

This coupled with the lack of a ranking system confirmed yesterday afternoon is an absolute joke. What is the point in winning now? It is going to be exactly like Reach all over again.

It’s been a good one, competitive community.

just because he get less credits/points, doesn’t mean that the value is the same

> just because he get less credits/points, doesn’t mean that the value is the same

What are you even trying to say? The victory bonus is a value that is very negligible. There is no point in actually trying to win in Halo 4 again. There is nothing to play for, and you don’t get anything significant for it.

Shouldn’t this be posted in the THC? You are addressing the competitive community after all, seems more appropriate and relevant to that side.

I’ve already insulted someone by posting this haven’t I?

Erm every game you try and win. Why do you want to lose for?

> Shouldn’t this be posted in the THC? You are addressing the competitive community after all. Odd that you post here on Waypoint.

I’ll bring it up there later. I just wanted to see how the Waypoint populous takes this first.

> Erm every game you try and win. Why do you want to lose for?

Why should I try to win? What do I gain from it? 200 credits that will move my rank half an inch?

If I lose a lot, I can start matching players below my skill level.

> > just because he get less credits/points, doesn’t mean that the value is the same
>
> What are you even trying to say? The victory bonus is a value that is very negligible. There is no point in actually trying to win in Halo 4 again. There is nothing to play for, and you don’t get anything significant for it.

what hes trying to say is that maybe you get less per game, but things cost less.

and to toss in my opinion. i dont really care.

> > just because he get less credits/points, doesn’t mean that the value is the same
>
> What are you even trying to say? The victory bonus is a value that is very negligible. There is no point in actually trying to win in Halo 4 again. There is nothing to play for, and you don’t get anything significant for it.

sigh have you ever wondered why a currency like Yen is soo high and a currency like the euro is soo low compared? you really think the Japanese are uber rich? No. It is the value of the money. In japan it would cost Y7700 ish for halo 4, in Britain it costs around £60 for halo 4 LE.

Now applying this to halo 4 and reach. For gungnir, the base was around 250,000 cR (i think) as people got anything from 1,500 to around 6,000 a game. Well if in halo 4 maybe you only get like 500 cR a game but gungnir is like 100,000 cR.

My point is you don’t know how much credits you get in a game. The value of the credits/point may be extremely different

> > Erm every game you try and win. Why do you want to lose for?
>
> Why should I try to win? What do I gain from it? 200 credits that will move my rank half an inch?
>
> If I lose a lot, I can start matching players below my skill level.

Why play the game then?

> > > just because he get less credits/points, doesn’t mean that the value is the same
> >
> > What are you even trying to say? The victory bonus is a value that is very negligible. There is no point in actually trying to win in Halo 4 again. There is nothing to play for, and you don’t get anything significant for it.
>
> what hes trying to say is that maybe you get less per game, but things cost less.
>
> and to toss in my opinion. i dont really care.

XP is not used to buy anything in Halo 4, you get a set amount of Spartan Points every time you level up.

> > > Erm every game you try and win. Why do you want to lose for?
> >
> > Why should I try to win? What do I gain from it? 200 credits that will move my rank half an inch?
> >
> > If I lose a lot, I can start matching players below my skill level.
>
> Why play the game then?

Ask a lot of the players here that.

At least if I consistently lose in Objective, I can match really bad players and stat pad off them.

> > > just because he get less credits/points, doesn’t mean that the value is the same
> >
> > What are you even trying to say? The victory bonus is a value that is very negligible. There is no point in actually trying to win in Halo 4 again. There is nothing to play for, and you don’t get anything significant for it.
>
> sigh have you ever wondered why a currency like Yen is soo high and a currency like the euro is soo low compared? you really think the Japanese are uber rich? No. It is the value of the money. In japan it would cost Y7700 ish for halo 4, in Britain it costs around £60 for halo 4 LE.
>
> Now applying this to halo 4 and reach. For gungnir, the base was around 250,000 cR (i think) as people got anything from 1,500 to around 6,000 a game. Well if in halo 4 maybe you only get like 500 cR a game but gungnir is like 100,000 cR.
>
> My point is you don’t know how much credits you get in a game. The value of the credits/point may be extremely different

It is not anything like that. It is exactly like Reach in that you get ~200 credits for winning.

That’s… pretty low.

> > > > Erm every game you try and win. Why do you want to lose for?
> > >
> > > Why should I try to win? What do I gain from it? 200 credits that will move my rank half an inch?
> > >
> > > If I lose a lot, I can start matching players below my skill level.
> >
> > Why play the game then?
>
> Ask a lot of the players here that.
>
> At least if I consistently lose in Objective, I can match really bad players and stat pad off them.

You stat pad…you’re one of those people huh. Just a tip do it in objective lolz.

> > > > > Erm every game you try and win. Why do you want to lose for?
> > > >
> > > > Why should I try to win? What do I gain from it? 200 credits that will move my rank half an inch?
> > > >
> > > > If I lose a lot, I can start matching players below my skill level.
> > >
> > > Why play the game then?
> >
> > Ask a lot of the players here that.
> >
> > At least if I consistently lose in Objective, I can match really bad players and stat pad off them.
>
> You stat pad…you’re one of those people huh. Just a tip do it in objective lolz.

I do it when I’m able to.

I can do it in Halo 4 Objective; the win bonus is so low.

I play every game to win, regardless of what I get, what’s the point of playing if you’re not trying your best.

Credits are nice and all, but personally I’m more old-school Halo…you know, where you just play to kick someone’s -Yoink- and have bragging rights??

I could care less about how my character looks, as long as they know who handed them their -Yoink-, I’m happy.

All this needless -Yoinking!- needs to stop.

~ Duck.

> I play every game to win, regardless of what I get, what’s the point of playing if you’re not trying your best.

What’s the point in trying?

It’s not going to be just me. This game is going to become a snorefest like Reach where none of the players try because there is nothing at stake.

Wait nvm I thought we needed XP for armor and equipment. Then it doesn’t matter to me if it’s low.