2 questions I'd love answered

Is the broken DMR still in?

Does de-scoping still not exist?

For example, in every halo but 4, if you take damage, you get knocked out of scope.

I would like for that to be put back in for Halo 5, because they removed it in Halo 4 by replacing it with a crappy ‘recoil’ effect that didn’t do much.

Nobody knows much about what will be in Halo 5.

De-scoping would widen the gap of skill between seasoned veteran Halo players who have been around since Halo CE and those who have just recently joined. Although, as a seasoned veteran, I believe that this would increase competitiveness and the willingness of players to adapt and broaden their skill set. IMO Halo 4 multiplayer was too easy, haha.

We will know in December.

Broken DMR? What about the broken BR?

No one knows at this point in time. We’ll know more of Halo 5 when we are closer to December.

I think this time around we will be pleasantly surprised. Frank has confirmed several times that they are wanting to focus on providing a truly competitive, balanced, and challenging arena style multi-player experience again. The fact that they have removed armor abilities and want everyone on even footing I think shows that they are listening to the Halo 4 backlash.

> I think this time around we will be pleasantly surprised. Frank has confirmed several times that they are wanting to focus on providing a truly competitive, balanced, and challenging arena style multi-player experience again. The fact that they have removed armor abilities and want everyone on even footing I think shows that they are listening to the Halo 4 backlash.

One can hope. But I hoped a lot for Halo 4. Didn’t turn out too well.

If they didn’t add the DMR to Halo 4 for no reason other than to satisfy players that like a long range semi-auto sniper to destroy big maps balance, it might have been a slightly better game.

I honestly don’t know what to think about Halo 4. Part of me really enjoyed it, but so much of it felt random and imprecise. Your comment about the DMR is interesting, but at the same time the Halo 2/3 BR did significant damage from across the map as well and no one complained (that I can remember). The lack of de-scoping when shot holding the sniper zoomed in, the instant spawns, the armor abilities, the load outs, the ordinance drops, the sprinting melee attacks and the hit and miss map design made for a game that was instantly less appealing. I really tried giving it a chance and can still see the merits with the game, however I never committed to buying it after spending significant time with it at a friends house.

I hope the DMR doesn’t return. Just my personal preference.

> I honestly don’t know what to think about Halo 4. Part of me really enjoyed it, but so much of it felt random and imprecise. Your comment about the DMR is interesting, but at the same time the Halo 2/3 BR did significant damage from across the map as well and no one complained (that I can remember). The lack of de-scoping when shot holding the sniper zoomed in, the instant spawns, the armor abilities, the load outs, the ordinance drops, the sprinting melee attacks and the hit and miss map design made for a game that was instantly less appealing. I really tried giving it a chance and can still see the merits with the game, however I never committed to buying it after spending significant time with it at a friends house.

You’re right in every way.

I don’t hate the DMR for it’s strengths, I hate it for the fact that it was a weapon everyone can spawn with. Buff it up to be a proper semi-auto sniper that takes 3 body shots to kill or something, and make it a power weapon on the map.

It’s simply too long range and powerful to be a spawn weapon.

You could at most annoy people long range with it in Halo 2/3. Like in Valhalla, you could somewhat annoy people in their bases, but they would have to take the mancannon to really be able to be in effective kill range of the BR. In Halo 4, you can get PINNED in your base with the DMR.

Vehicles got a huge nerf too since people can spawn with a plasma pistol and plasma nades too. To me warthogs were a huge and fun part of Halo, get your bro and go tear -Yoink- up. In Halo 4 hardly anyone got in warthogs because everyone either had a plasma pistol and nades or a power weapon.

Apparently there was a big weapon re-balance (that reduced the DMR’s effectiveness) in Halo 4 that I didn’t know about since the last I played it was sometime in June 2013. That’s good news to me that 343 at least responded to the DMR’s strengths, even if they took a long time and let the game lose it’s fans/playerbase.

EDIT - Nevermind I was playing the game when the June weapon rebalance came out for Halo 4 and it I felt the DMR nerfs were not enough and I lost interest in the game afterwards