2 intentionally misleading trailers

343i has officially entered into the realm of truly mischievous mind games with these two trailers. Do not take one or the other as absolute truth or unequivocal lies.
On the surface each trailer acts as a reflection of the other yet that isn’t the truth. I think the truth is somewhere in between both trailers…

Agreed

I have to agree with this.

Could these trailers really be about MC and Locke fighting each other over the failure of one or the other to take the Mantle of Responsibility and protect this universe from whatever caused this devastation?

what if agent locke isn’t real and he just represents master chief’s internal battle with himself maaaan

Mind games? Nah, this is pretty basic stuff. This is what Locke thinks the MC is like. This is what MC thinks Locke is like. These are two of the possible outcomes that may occur if the two of them meet. Basically, these two trailers are what are known as “dream sequences.”

Having known the sort of stuff that ONI gets up to, my guess is that Locke has been flat out lied to. See, I think that if the Chief goes down, Locke would pull the trigger. If Locke goes down, the Chief won’t pull the trigger. 343 industries has been pushing the “Innies are the bad guys” angle recently. Perhaps the Innies actually do have a point–the UNSC is corrupt.

After all, think of Admiral Preston Cole. Hero of the UNSC. Then he runs off with an Insurrectionist wife. All this stuff about Chief being a traitor…?

Honestly I feel like the trailers set the tones for the characters.

Locke: Lies(lied to), Secrets (Kept from) and (feeling) betrayel.

Chief: (Finding) Truth, exposing(ONI) and revenge(against ONI).

> 2533274839835994;5:
> what if agent locke isn’t real and he just represents master chief’s internal battle with himself maaaan

That’s some deep stuff…

Agree, but I hope we can “find the truth” by analysing each trailer