2 FEATURES THAT ARE REQUIRED, FORFEIT & RECONNECT

MAKE FORFEIT AN OPTION FOR GAMES WITH LEAVERS - This all over the place. If your team has leavers you should be able to forfeit which in turn halves the amount of CSR you lose. The amount of ppl that leave 2 minutes in and 10 kills behind is astonishing. A simple forfeit option would do wonders for the community.

A forfeit system also allows you guys to PUNISH leavers more severely (i.e. 20 minute matchmaking bans instantly)

AND LASTLY - PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE WHO GET DISCONNECTED TO RECONNECT TO THE GAME. <------ I know I’m not the only one here with wireless internet that once in a while (not very often at all) the signal will drop or get interrupted and I’ll instantly be booted from the game even though my internet is back online within half a second. There is nothing worse than getting 45 KILLS DEEP and being kicked out of the game you just carried to an easy win and LOSING CSR.

I know that these features would not take a CIA level hacker to program into our current version of Halo 5. So let’s make these community enhancing features a reality. And quickly. Thanks.

> 2535432775883055;1:
> MAKE FORFEIT AN OPTION FOR GAMES WITH LEAVERS - This all over the place. If your team has leavers you should be able to forfeit which in turn halves the amount of CSR you lose. The amount of ppl that leave 2 minutes in and 10 kills behind is astonishing. A simple forfeit option would do wonders for the community.
>
> A forfeit system also allows you guys to PUNISH leavers more severely (i.e. 20 minute matchmaking bans instantly)
>
> AND LASTLY - PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE WHO GET DISCONNECTED TO RECONNECT TO THE GAME. <------ I know I’m not the only one here with wireless internet that once in a while (not very often at all) the signal will drop or get interrupted and I’ll instantly be booted from the game even though my internet is back online within half a second. There is nothing worse than getting 45 KILLS DEEP and being kicked out of the game you just carried to an easy win and LOSING CSR.
>
> I know that these features would not take a CIA level hacker to program into our current version of Halo 5. So let’s make these community enhancing features a reality. And quickly. Thanks.

Reconnecting is just a no-brainer. Games like League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Dota 2, and Smite all have this type of feature. If it is a competitive game then these should be necessary features to keep the match remaining competitive.

Title is misleading, I only see 2 features.

I am adding these ideas to my Mega Thread. I will of course credit you. Here is a link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/343-content-suggestions-mega-thread/a38f8d04-2ea1-4e15-b3e5-3b66c3893208/posts?page=1#post13

> 2661949065475413;3:
> Title is misleading, I only see 2 features.

Sorry, in my head I considered the ability to punish leavers more severely a feature. I don’t know about you but this current “punishment” system isn’t really that threatening. Considering they count disconnects the same as leaves. I’ve been disconnected from about 10 games and not once punished.

> 2535432775883055;5:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > Title is misleading, I only see 2 features.
>
>
> Sorry, in my head I considered the ability to punish leavers more severely a feature. I don’t know about you but this current “punishment” system isn’t really that threatening. Considering they count disconnects the same as leaves. I’ve been disconnected from about 10 games and not once punished.

I got banned for 2 minutes. Had to help my brother for like 1 minute and stood idle, which is funny because in that case the system intended to make the overall experience better for players instead ruined everyone’s game. Guess I’m just a horrible person am I right?

> 2533274891841289;6:
> > 2535432775883055;5:
> > > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > Title is misleading, I only see 2 features.
> >
> >
> > Sorry, in my head I considered the ability to punish leavers more severely a feature. I don’t know about you but this current “punishment” system isn’t really that threatening. Considering they count disconnects the same as leaves. I’ve been disconnected from about 10 games and not once punished.
>
>
> I got banned for 2 minutes. Had to help my brother for like 1 minute and stood idle, which is funny because in that case the system intended to make the overall experience better for players instead ruined everyone’s game.

And you should most definitely be able to reconnect to that game. Even if your kicked after a minute. Sometimes you just got to take that -Yoink- ya know?!

> 2535432775883055;1:
> you should be able to forfeit which in turn halves the amount of CSR you lose.

inb4 4 player teams take turns in leaving first to allow other team members to lose less CSR EVERY GAME.

I approve.

Forfeit has been mentioned a lot since TMCC and I think it is a great idea. Smite has a forfeit option and if 90%-95% of the team votes “yes” for the forfeit, the game ends. It truly is a great option. Winning team wins, losing team loses. Maybe it is something they can look into eventually for H5 or H6.
Oh also this option does not even show up in Smite for at least 10 minutes. It would have to be less in Halo but would be a great idea.

Allow this forfeit option to be available after about 4 minutes in 4vs4 modes. Maybe 8 minutes in 8vs8 modes.

Allow if:
Team being spawn killed in a base against a highly one sided team and the score has a dramatic gap.
Or if team mates leave and it is 4 vs 1 Slayer modes or 8 vs 1 in BTB.

First quitter should receive a huge CSR hit and immediate 2 minute ban, second should receive a small CSR hit (you can still win 3 on 4, sometimes it can be an advantage) and a one minute ban, 3rd and 4th quitters should receive no CSR Ban, because 2v4 has never been fun. And if you stick through it 1v4, you should get a slight CSR bump and a complimentary REQ pack.

> 2533274810140824;8:
> > 2535432775883055;1:
> > you should be able to forfeit which in turn halves the amount of CSR you lose.
>
>
> inb4 4 player teams take turns in leaving first to allow other team members to lose less CSR EVERY GAME.

Also if you do leave first you receive a greater hit on your CSR so that would be a lose lose situation for everyone involved. Lets just say when you lose you lose 10 CSR regularly. If you have a leaver the leavers loses say 20-40 unless he reconnects and plays it out. If the leaver doesn’t return and the 3 remaining decide to forfeit (which won’t usually be the case unless they are being stomped) they all still lose 5-7 CSR. The math wouldn’t make sense for four man teams to do that. And it would be boring as hell for four man teams to be doing that in the first place. Kind of counter productive if you ask me.

> 2707521204551867;11:
> First quitter should receive a huge CSR hit and immediate 2 minute ban, second should receive a small CSR hit (you can still win 3 on 4, sometimes it can be an advantage) and a one minute ban, 3rd and 4th quitters should receive no CSR Ban, because 2v4 has never been fun. And if you stick through it 1v4, you should get a slight CSR bump and a complimentary REQ pack.

Tough to implement but I absolutely agree for the most part. Quitting out early isn’t unique to Halo 5 (happened plenty in 2 and 3) but it seems like it happens way more frequently. A game starts out 10-3 and after 1 minute it’s suddenly 4 vs 2. The matchmaking may be partly to blame for this by setting up extremely lopsided teams, but I think the matchmaking system will work out with more time.

Sometimes you legitimately do need to quit a game though. Stuff happens, so maybe set up a 3 strike program so I don’t lose any CSR when my dog pees all over the floor in front of me and I have to rush him outside.

I agree with the OP. These are some great ideas that should be implemented.

I would love a forfeit option.

Great ideas, to the top with you! This needs to happen. I have probably lost 30k - 50k req points on disconnects, and most of these games have been games I would have won!

TOTALLY AGREE! I hate that when an error occurs on 343i side and i get kicked from server it penilzes me!

I can agree either make this option or make the peantly for quiting worse. I am tired of seeing people leave games its just annoying when a game that is heavly based around team work gets really hard when your team leaves.

> MAKE FORFEIT AN OPTION FOR GAMES WITH LEAVERS - This all over the place. If your team has leavers you should be able to forfeit which in turn halves the amount of CSR you lose. The amount of ppl that leave 2 minutes in and 10 kills behind is astonishing. A simple forfeit option would do wonders for the community.A forfeit system also allows you guys to PUNISH leavers more severely (i.e. 20 minute matchmaking bans instantly)AND LASTLY - PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE WHO GET DISCONNECTED TO RECONNECT TO THE GAME. <------ I know I’m not the only one here with wireless internet that once in a while (not very often at all) the signal will drop or get interrupted and I’ll instantly be booted from the game even though my internet is back online within half a second. There is nothing worse than getting 45 KILLS DEEP and being kicked out of the game you just carried to an easy win and LOSING CSR.I know that these features would not take a CIA level hacker to program into our current version of Halo 5. So let’s make these community enhancing features a reality. And quickly. Thanks.

Maybe for a social playlist if added. Keep this garbage away form my ranked playlist.

JIP - Doesn’t belong in rank playlist NOT EVEN BTB. If you are getting kicked from games for connection issues, fix your connection it’s not the servers It’s YOU! Also play with a fireteam that way you don’t need to worry about SORE LOSERS quitting.

Forfeit - FACEPALM!!! maybe add a mercy rule for a social playlist idk…

343i PLEASE don’t let these complainers who aren’t good or just not competitive ruin your game PLEASE!

I don’t think these are bad ideas they just don’t belong in competitive game types.

343i PLEASE CREATE A SOCIAL PLAYLIST SO THESE NON-COMPETITIVE PLAYER HAVE A PLACE TO BELONG!

Hey, buddy, when your internet cuts out, you get disconnected from the game. So you can’t reconnect.