2 discs confirmed

Unlike previous Halo games, Halo 4 runs natively in 720p resolution and comes on two discs. It also looks lovely - not quite as good as some of the screenshots released by Microsoft suggest it may, but at least as good as the best-looking games on the console.

Discuss. Personally I think it’ll be the first season of Spartan Ops.

I KNEW IT!!!

As long as I can install both and run just off a single disc I’d be fine. Halo is a game where one actually wants to replay the campaign, and swapping discs that much just interrupts the streamlined experience Halo has always had.

> As long as I can install both and run just off a single disc I’d be fine. Halo is a game where one actually wants to replay the campaign, and swapping discs that much just interrupts the streamlined experience Halo has always had.

Yeah. I’m hoping disc 2 is a mandatory install, and then you use disc 1 to access the content from both. This could explain why Halo 4 requires 8 gb of HD space.

Campaign, Firefight maps, Custom Games gametypes and 9 maps, Forge, and Theater all fit one one disc for Reach.

Now we’re getting Campaign, CG and 10 maps, Forge, and Theater with the first episode of SO on disc. How does it need 2 discs? Maybe it’s the graphics, more FW maps on disc…idk

> > As long as I can install both and run just off a single disc I’d be fine. Halo is a game where one actually wants to replay the campaign, and swapping discs that much just interrupts the streamlined experience Halo has always had.
>
> Yeah. I’m hoping disc 2 is a mandatory install, and then you use disc 1 to access the content from both. This could explain why Halo 4 requires 8 gb of HD space.

My 60GB is crying, but it would be totally worth it to run the entire game off a single disc at all times.

> Campaign, Firefight maps, Custom Games gametypes and 9 maps, Forge, and Theater all fit one one disc for Reach.
>
> Now we’re getting Campaign, CG and 10 maps, Forge, and Theater with the first episode of SO on disc. How does it need 2 discs? Maybe it’s the graphics, more FW maps on disc…idk

Pretty textures do take up a lot of space.

nm

Both forza 3 and forza 4 allow you to install disc 2 and play off the first disc.

> Both forza 3 and forza 4 allow you to install disc 2 and play off the first disc.

This. It’s becoming a popular practice in multi-disc games because you still need disc 1 to play the content from disc 2, meaning you can’t just give disc 2 to a friend or sell it.

> As long as I can install both and run just off a single disc I’d be fine. Halo is a game where one actually wants to replay the campaign, and swapping discs that much just interrupts the streamlined experience Halo has always had.

This.

I didn’t like how that wasn’t possible with Mass Effect for instance.
I hope 343i has gone the “Forza” route: Forza lets you install all the cars and tracks on disk 2 on the hard drive, and you can play them from disk 1.
Halo 4 should have the same system: install all the multiplayer content on the HDD, and play from disk 1.

> > Both forza 3 and forza 4 allow you to install disc 2 and play off the first disc.
>
> This. It’s becoming a popular practise in multi-disc games because you still need disc 1 to play, meaning you can’t just give disc 2 to a friend or sell it.

It’s always required disc 1. Even Resident Evil 4 made you boot off disc 1.

Battlefield 3 made you switch discs if both were installed or not, and that is my only multi-disc Xbox game.

I hope they go the Forza route as well because it got slightly irritating to have to constantly switch discs during Mass Effect 3. I’ve got room on my HD so I hope its just a Disc 2 install and I can play with one disc.

Well no kidding, the graphics are almost up to par with the witcher 2’s graphics on xbox.

> > > Both forza 3 and forza 4 allow you to install disc 2 and play off the first disc.
> >
> > This. It’s becoming a popular practise in multi-disc games because you still need disc 1 to play, meaning you can’t just give disc 2 to a friend or sell it.
>
> It’s always required disc 1. Even Resident Evil 4 made you boot off disc 1.
>
> Battlefield 3 made you switch discs if both were installed or not, and that is my only multi-disc Xbox game.

What I meant is, with most multi-disc games like BF3 or ODST, you can just give the campaign or multiplayer disc to someone else, and you’ve effectively given them half the game. If disc 2 is made into a mandatory install, and you can only access it through disc 1, this is not possible. I’ve edited my last post to make it a bit more clear.

I can’t wait!

Woo! Thanks for the confirmation. This is great news to me.

Native 720p? Unf. Amazing that 343 could pull that off considering how good Halo 4 looks. Really is amazing how far a 7 year old GPU, 512MB of shared memory and a triple core power PC CPU will take you, eh?

i think is going to be like forza motorsport and you only need to install the second disc and the first disc is the one you need to use to play

Yaaay! I’m getting more for my money!