1v4 or leave - Team Arena

Hi Guys,
my follow question ist whats better ?
Yesterday i started a Team Arena Slayer round…
After 30 sec two mates of my team left.
just a minute later my laste team mate left.
So i just stand alone vs four of them.
i’ve think about my k/d bcause i got my A** ripped apart.
but leaving a running game ist just a no go for me.
what u think about ?
at least i played 6 to 32
;_;

I would stick around and make it my goal that nobody gets a perfection against me

In that situation I would wait it out, hide if you can, if anyone finds you try to kill them. You don’t want to quit, it will get you a ban. This is exactly why some sort of resign/ surrender prompt should be an option. To make it fair on that one person. I have no respect for the other 4 people who are grinding this poor spartan. Something needs to be done to stop this from happening.

Stay,no matter what.
Why should I give the enemy an free win?

I’d try and be a nuisance to the enemy team, lol.

I quit. It’s a waste of time for both teams. It’s boring being on either side of that situation.

I play hide and seek in that situation lol.

OP, had the same situation happen to me yesterday is SWAT. I stuck with it, think I went something ridiculous like 25 K and 30 Deaths, but I used it as practice for dealing with multiple opponents. Seems that on average a team mate quits every other game, pretty sad really. I don’t think the quit bans or whatever they do is harsh enough in my opinion, seems like people quit fairly often. Finding it necessary now more than in previous games to run with a group of trusted players. Before in the H2 and H3 days I could usually carry me and a couple of others, but I’m finding that difficult to manage in H5. To wrap this up, I’d say stick with games to get practice in dealing with multiple opponents and learn from their strategies. Good luck!

I’m surprised by the answers here…

In a 1v4 you should almost always leave. It’s been common courtesy to leave since Halo 2. Staying isn’t funny, it isn’t fun, it doesn’t foster success. Staying is just a disrespectful waste to other people’s leisure time. At the minimum it’s an annoyance. For busy students, or people who work full time jobs, or have a family, etc, it could be one of the five games they get to play because that’s all they have time for.

Sure it sucks getting awful teammates who quit or lag out. Sure it sucks that you might get a temp ban. You didn’t ask to be left alone. But having a mindset that if “you’re going down then everyone has to come down with you” is sadistic, selfish, and downright disrespectful. The other team doesn’t want you to stay. And how much time ends up being wasted is in your hands.

You man up, quit, take the ban, and come to forums asking for a surrender option.

The only exceptions to this would be if you’re sure you could win (which almost never happens) or you’re going to get an unusually long ban.

I like to stick around and “finish the fight” as it were. And I don’t like quitting : P

> 2533274796867934;9:
> I’m surprised by the answers here…
>
> In a 1v4 you should almost always leave. It’s been common courtesy to leave since Halo 2. Staying isn’t funny, it isn’t fun, it doesn’t foster success. Staying is just a disrespectful waste to other people’s leisure time. At the minimum it’s an annoyance. For busy students, or people who work full time jobs, or have a family, etc, it could be one of the five games they get to play because that’s all they have time for.
>
> Sure it sucks getting awful teammates who quit or lag out. Sure it sucks that you might get a temp ban. You didn’t ask to be left alone. But having a mindset that if “you’re going down then everyone has to come down with you” is sadistic, selfish, and downright disrespectful. The other team doesn’t want you to stay. And how much time ends up being wasted is in your hands.
>
> You man up, quit, take the ban, and come to forums asking for a surrender option.
>
> The only exceptions to this would be if you’re sure you could win (which almost never happens) or you’re going to get an unusually long ban.

I don’t see why people should just accept bans just because of courtesy. There are people who can get day long+ bans because of it now. If 343 actually reworked the system sure, but if I’m wanting to play halo I’m not going to screw myself over just so others can move on when I may not get the chance to move on because of an impending ban. If you ask me it can be selfish both ways, could be selfish to keep people in a game and it can selfish expecting one to leave at the risk of banning. Why don’t the team that isn’t one man only quit? The anwser will be the same as the guy by himself.

the system is just to strict to make quitting worth it, sorry dude. It’s just down right stupid that “courtesy” is considered quitting and accepting ban time. I understand what you mean though, I would like to just leave if I’m in a 1v4 scenario but I just can’t because of the ban system.

> 2533274875328566;7:
> I play hide and seek in that situation lol.

The maps suck. There are no hiding tactics. Maybe on The Rig because of that one spot in tower.
But yeah good luck trying to hide on Empire or any other map.

I’ll leave in a 1v4 situation every time, I’m not egotistical or selfish enough to stick around. Why waste everyone’s time? I don’t quit out of ranked (unless 343s ‘servers’ boot me) so I wouldn’t receive a ban, if players are getting bans then they’ve quit way too much before hand so stop being a loser and stop quitting games at the slightest thing and they won’t get banned.

> 2533274832441602;13:
> I’ll leave in a 1v4 situation every time, I’m not egotistical or selfish enough to stick around. Why waste everyone’s time? I don’t quit out of ranked (unless 343s ‘servers’ boot me) so I wouldn’t receive a ban, if players are getting bans then they’ve quit way too much before hand so stop being a loser and stop quitting games at the slightest thing and they won’t get banned.

You can’t say you’ll quit in these scenarios and then turn around and tell people to stop quitting dude.

> 2533274923562209;11:
> > 2533274796867934;9:
> > I’m surprised by the answers here…
> > In a 1v4 you should almost always leave. It’s been common courtesy to leave since Halo 2. Staying isn’t funny, it isn’t fun, it doesn’t foster success. Staying is just a disrespectful waste to other people’s leisure time. At the minimum it’s an annoyance. For busy students, or people who work full time jobs, or have a family, etc, it could be one of the five games they get to play because that’s all they have time for.
> > Sure it sucks getting awful teammates who quit or lag out. Sure it sucks that you might get a temp ban. You didn’t ask to be left alone. But having a mindset that if “you’re going down then everyone has to come down wand fairith you” is sadistic, selfish, and downright disrespectful. The other team doesn’t want you to stay. And how much time ends up being wasted is in your hands.
> > You man up, quit, take the ban, and come to forums asking for a surrender option.
> > The only exceptions to this would be if you’re sure you could win (which almost never happens) or you’re going to get an unusually long ban.
>
> I don’t see why people should just accept bans just because of courtesy. There are people who can get day long+ bans because of it now. If 343 actually reworked the system sure, but if I’m wanting to play halo I’m not going to screw myself over just so others can move on when I may not get the chance to move on because of an impending ban. If you ask me it can be selfish both ways, could be selfish to keep people in a game and it can selfish expecting one to leave at the risk of banning. Why don’t the team that isn’t one man only quit? The anwser will be the same as the guy by himself.
> the system is just to strict to make quitting worth it, sorry dude. It’s just down right stupid that “courtesy” is considered quitting and accepting ban time. I understand what you mean though, I would like to just leave if I’m in a 1v4 scenario but I just can’t because of the ban system.

That is why I specifically said in my last sentence “unless your going to get an unusually long ban”. I probably should have defined that. By that I mean an hour or more. In the meantime you can smurf or play a different playlist. Everyone wins. The only difference is you won’t be representing yourself on your main name. Additionally, if you’re receiving quit bans you’re undoubtedly quitting more than you should be. I’ve played this game quite a bit, quit many games, lagged out many times, and have never been banned. There should be plenty of free quits for 1v4’s available if you’re not quitting unnecessarily. If you’re going to get banned from quitting you have likely dealt yourself those circumstances from previous actions.

> Why don’t the team that isn’t one man only quit? The anwser will be the same as the guy by himself.

The 4 people deserve the win almost every time. People normally quit out in a game because their team is getting demolished. The guy by himself is in an unwinnable situation and does not deserve the win. Additionally, it doesn’t make any sense to say 4 people getting banned is equivalent to one person getting banned. That’s a “if I have to suffer they have to suffer with me mindset.”

> but if I’m wanting to play halo I’m not going to screw myself over just so others can move on when I may not get the chance to move on because of an impending ban. If you ask me it can be selfish both ways, could be selfish to keep people in a game and it can selfish expecting one to leave at the risk of banning

Again, I listed an unusually long ban in my previous post. I now define that as more than an hour. No doubt the system needs to be reworked. The lack of a surrender option and the bans are not ideal. But if you’re by yourself you by yourself have the influence to end a game or waste people’s time. As I said before you’re basically dragging people down with you because you didn’t get your way. It’s not a fair situation but making it more unfair for other people is much worse. You’re choosing to screw them over because you have been screwed over. I hate to use movies as a point of reference for the perspective, but think of how many characters you have seen that act like this. The noble person takes the fall so the others don’t have to. When you get banned you don’t get banned in every playlist. You’re likely not even playing with a friend if you end up in that situation so it isn’t a huge deal to just quit. This is of course taking the length of your ban time into consideration.

> I would like to just leave if I’m in a 1v4 scenario but I just can’t because of the ban system.

I imagine most people feel the same way. But I have to bring up previous actions again. I have never been banned. I play with about 10 other people every day who are all 145+ and have seen maybe a couple of them banned once. They lag out and quit games. If you can’t quit because you’ll be banned, it’s most likely because you quit unnecessarily too many times. You put yourself in that situation. Staying in the game is forcing the result of your bad decisions on other people.

> 2535468812026872;6:
> I quit. It’s a waste of time for both teams. It’s boring being on either side of that situation.

THIS.

> 2533274923562209;14:
> > 2533274832441602;13:
> > I’ll leave in a 1v4 situation every time, I’m not egotistical or selfish enough to stick around. Why waste everyone’s time? I don’t quit out of ranked (unless 343s ‘servers’ boot me) so I wouldn’t receive a ban, if players are getting bans then they’ve quit way too much before hand so stop being a loser and stop quitting games at the slightest thing and they won’t get banned.
>
> You can’t say you’ll quit in these scenarios and then turn around and tell people to stop quitting dude.

I can say whatever I like ‘dude’. If you’re a -Yoink- and quitting at the slightest thing then stop quitting and you won’t get these bans. I highly doubt everyone’s quitting because they’re constantly in 1v4s, no - they be quitting because of ego.

> 2533275050532363;12:
> > 2533274875328566;7:
> > I play hide and seek in that situation lol.
>
> The maps suck. There are no hiding tactics. Maybe on The Rig because of that one spot in tower.
> But yeah good luck trying to hide on Empire or any other map.

You would be surprised the places players pass right by in arena.

> 2533274875328566;18:
> > 2533275050532363;12:
> > > 2533274875328566;7:
> > > I play hide and seek in that situation lol.
> >
> > The maps suck. There are no hiding tactics. Maybe on The Rig because of that one spot in tower.
> > But yeah good luck trying to hide on Empire or any other map.
>
> You would be surprised the places players pass right by in arena.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Some places work for maybe 1v1s . But you trying to hide from 4 other guys running around everywhere, no.

> 2533274796867934;15:
> > 2533274923562209;11:
> > > 2533274796867934;9:
> > >

I won’t get banned for long times as I rarely do, I was more or less just bringing it up for others concerns as you constantly see people complaining on the bans and such.

i just don’t know, I understand the point in not making others suffer the wait till the games done, but it’s just stupid how you have people saying to quit and take a ban just cuz 343 won’t make a fix for it.

for the record, I’ve quit a total of two games since launch, but I have many DNF matches due to server disconnects. I’ve been banned three times so far. Once for the two quits which was 10 minutes, another 10 minute for just disconnecting so much, and an hour long one after more disconnects. I have no idea how many DNFs I have from disconnects but I have probably over 20+ at a guess.