1v1 matchmaking broke or just low pop?

Hi, so I’ve been playing ranked 1v1 and keep getting put up against Onyx and top 20 champion players for some reason. I got placed in Gold 1 after being matched against them in most of my placement games and now struggling to get to Diamond+ because of this.

Is the 1v1 population really that low to put Gold players up against Onyx/Champ players? Or do I just have bad luck with matchmaking? lol.

the match up is just broken if it cant get someone thats around your skill level itll just match you up with whoever is on

> 2533274831815628;1:
> Hi, so I’ve been playing ranked 1v1 and keep getting put up against Onyx and top 20 champion players for some reason. I got placed in Gold 1 after being matched against them in most of my placement games and now struggling to get to Diamond+ because of this.
>
> Is the 1v1 population really that low to put Gold players up against Onyx/Champ players? Or do I just have bad luck with matchmaking? lol.

I’m sorry to tell that matchmaking is indeed broken in the eyes of many massive skill splits are often put up against one another (which isn’t fun for either player nor rewarding or instructive). I recommend joining some discords like team respawn or BTC and using their looking for games feature to find some people to play against in customs. This can be extra good if you say join a party as you can chat about what happened and also play multiple games against the same person so you can get the hang of certain strategies.

I think its broken right now, since this morning I’ve been trying to find a game of Blitz 3v3 x, just keeps searching and searching

> 2533274843669931;3:
> > 2533274831815628;1:
> > .
>
> I’m sorry to tell that matchmaking is indeed broken in the eyes of many massive skill splits are often put up against one another (which isn’t fun for either player nor rewarding or instructive). I recommend joining some discords like team respawn or BTC and using their looking for games feature to find some people to play against in customs. This can be extra good if you say join a party as you can chat about what happened and also play multiple games against the same person so you can get the hang of certain strategies.

Mentions BTC and TR but not TheBanished
Oof😢

> 2533275008266928;5:
> > 2533274843669931;3:
> > > 2533274831815628;1:
> > > .
> >
> > I’m sorry to tell that matchmaking is indeed broken in the eyes of many massive skill splits are often put up against one another (which isn’t fun for either player nor rewarding or instructive). I recommend joining some discords like team respawn or BTC and using their looking for games feature to find some people to play against in customs. This can be extra good if you say join a party as you can chat about what happened and also play multiple games against the same person so you can get the hang of certain strategies.
>
> Mentions BTC and TR but not TheBanished
> Oof😢

Would say banished is the worst of the three to find lower level players around gold-plat tier so I didn’t lol.

I Don’t know if that’s an Insult or Complement

(Pls insert Fry meme here)

> 2533275008266928;5:
> > 2533274843669931;3:
> > > 2533274831815628;1:
> > > .
> >
> > I’m sorry to tell that matchmaking is indeed broken in the eyes of many massive skill splits are often put up against one another (which isn’t fun for either player nor rewarding or instructive). I recommend joining some discords like team respawn or BTC and using their looking for games feature to find some people to play against in customs. This can be extra good if you say join a party as you can chat about what happened and also play multiple games against the same person so you can get the hang of certain strategies.
>
> Mentions BTC and TR but not TheBanished
> Oof😢

Was trying to find thebanished on youtube…wanted to watch there tournament online like like btc and tr.

Do you have a link :grin:.

Also i think its low pop…interesting enough i have had friends that jumped off around season 5 or 6 (the forge meta) that are now jumping on again which is awesome. Put out the word people…that game is in the best state its ever been. If we rally a couple people each that will make a big difference :grin:

> 2645194602585290;8:
> > 2533275008266928;5:
> > > 2533274843669931;3:
> > > > 2533274831815628;1:
> > > > .
> > >
> > > I’m sorry to tell that matchmaking is indeed broken in the eyes of many massive skill splits are often put up against one another (which isn’t fun for either player nor rewarding or instructive). I recommend joining some discords like team respawn or BTC and using their looking for games feature to find some people to play against in customs. This can be extra good if you say join a party as you can chat about what happened and also play multiple games against the same person so you can get the hang of certain strategies.
> >
> > Mentions BTC and TR but not TheBanished
> > Oof😢
>
> Was trying to find thebanished on youtube…wanted to watch there tournament online like like btc and tr.
>
> Do you have a link :grin:.
>
> Also i think its low pop…interesting enough i have had friends that jumped off around season 5 or 6 (the forge meta) that are now jumping on again which is awesome. Put out the word people…that game is in the best state its ever been. If we rally a couple people each that will make a big difference :grin:

DC Longshot - you have a link for YouTube yet?

> 2533274792014876;9:
> > 2645194602585290;8:
> > > 2533275008266928;5:
> > > > 2533274843669931;3:
> > > > > 2533274831815628;1:
> > > > > .
> > > >
> > > > I’m sorry to tell that matchmaking is indeed broken in the eyes of many massive skill splits are often put up against one another (which isn’t fun for either player nor rewarding or instructive). I recommend joining some discords like team respawn or BTC and using their looking for games feature to find some people to play against in customs. This can be extra good if you say join a party as you can chat about what happened and also play multiple games against the same person so you can get the hang of certain strategies.
> > >
> > > Mentions BTC and TR but not TheBanished
> > > Oof😢
> >
> > Was trying to find thebanished on youtube…wanted to watch there tournament online like like btc and tr.
> >
> > Do you have a link :grin:.
> >
> > Also i think its low pop…interesting enough i have had friends that jumped off around season 5 or 6 (the forge meta) that are now jumping on again which is awesome. Put out the word people…that game is in the best state its ever been. If we rally a couple people each that will make a big difference :grin:
>
> DC Longshot - you have a link for YouTube yet?

Found it!

> 2533274802795356;10:
> > 2533274792014876;9:
> > > 2645194602585290;8:
> > > > 2533275008266928;5:
> > > > > 2533274843669931;3:
> > > > > > 2533274831815628;1:
> > > > > > .
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m sorry to tell that matchmaking is indeed broken in the eyes of many massive skill splits are often put up against one another (which isn’t fun for either player nor rewarding or instructive). I recommend joining some discords like team respawn or BTC and using their looking for games feature to find some people to play against in customs. This can be extra good if you say join a party as you can chat about what happened and also play multiple games against the same person so you can get the hang of certain strategies.
> > > >
> > > > Mentions BTC and TR but not TheBanished
> > > > Oof😢
> > >
> > > Was trying to find thebanished on youtube…wanted to watch there tournament online like like btc and tr.
> > >
> > > Do you have a link :grin:.
> > >
> > > Also i think its low pop…interesting enough i have had friends that jumped off around season 5 or 6 (the forge meta) that are now jumping on again which is awesome. Put out the word people…that game is in the best state its ever been. If we rally a couple people each that will make a big difference :grin:
> >
> > DC Longshot - you have a link for YouTube yet?
>
> Found it!

Hahaha…funny eitener. Brings back some memories

Not many people play this game during the day; but, I never have to search more than 2 minutes to find a game for a game that has been out for a year. I call that a win. This means people periodically play this game and/or has a good loyal player base. Many lesser games have died their first month with almost zero players.

must be broken considering i got put into plat. even though i havnt played in forever . LUL games r a joke