1st run through: What difficulty?

So since this is a new Halo and the promise of new enemies, will this change what difficulty you are going to play the game on for the first time? You think about it the usual tricks to deal with the all the traditional enemies (Covenant and The Flood) aren’t going to work on the new enemies. At least they shouldn’t. By tricks I mean tactics like the plasma pistol/BR combo on the Elites, or using silent SMG on the Drones. Things like that (those are the only two I could think of, LOL).

I personally plan on sticking with my tradition of tackling the game on Heroic first (with the exception of CEA. That was a Legendary run first time through) and then going back and running through on Legendary.

Ah i see you that you do that too. Its my tradition of running through Heroic first time as well xD However, before each halo game is released, my brother and I play through every main Halo game on Heroic before starting the new game (in this case Halo 4). We’ve done this since Halo 3, ODST, and then Reach.

Only this time it won’t be split screen :wink:

Heroic, then legendary.

> Ah i see you that you do that too. Its my tradition of running through Heroic first time as well xD However, before each halo game is released, my brother and I play through every main Halo game on Heroic before starting the new game (in this case Halo 4). We’ve done this since Halo 3, ODST, and then Reach.
>
> Only this time it won’t be split screen :wink:

I actually do something similar, but it isn’t the entire games. I usually do a run through of my favorite levels from each game on any setting. Depends on how much time I have to play or how bored I am.

Normal. I want to absorb everything without being distracted by difficulty.

I always see it as a waste of time to play it on anything other than Legendary the first time through. Why not take the time to beat the harder difficulty the first time through so that you get all the achievements and also the little Legendary shield on your service record. If I want to go back and play it on a lower difficulty in order to take in and observe all of the little details later thats always an option but might as well get the hard part out of the way to begin with. First thing I did on reach was beat the campaign on Legendary both solo and in co-op.

Legendary as allways.

Heroic for the first run through.

Easy, because I want to concentrate on the story without worrying about taking damage and dying. Then after fist time completion i go straight to legendary.

Normal. Sometimes I even play games on easy for the first run. I hate dying in what’s supposed to be a heroic tale. It completely sucks me out of the experience. If it was a book or a movie, would the chief die 37 times and still take down his foes? Absolutely not. Normal is the best way to immerse yourself in my opinion. If you are good, you won’t die. There would still be close calls since its your first run through which is just as it would be written most likely. It’s a difficult thing to design I’m betting. If I were a game dev, I would want to be able to push the player right to the brink of death so that they can get a sense of just how huge the challenge is, all the while keeping them immersed by not making it too hard where they die. Unfortunately with skill levels being so varied, this is impossible.

Normal for me though.

> Normal. I want to absorb everything without being distracted by difficulty.

Who get’s distracted by difficulty on Heroic? :wink:

Personally, I might just do it on Normal too, because I want to play Multiplayer as soon as I can. It’s a tradition for me not to TOUCH Multiplayer until Campaign is done.

> Legendary as allways.

With a group of 4 and 8 people in party chat .

Its been that way for a long time.

> > Normal. I want to absorb everything without being distracted by difficulty.
>
> Who get’s distracted by difficulty on Heroic? :wink:
>
> Personally, I might just do it on Normal too, because I want to play Multiplayer as soon as I can. It’s a tradition for me not to TOUCH Multiplayer until Campaign is done.

I do the same. With one exception, Halo 3. I took a week off work to play that game and the first night all my friends wanted to come over and check it out. But they were too drunk and loud for me to enjoy the campaign, so I gave up and switched to multiplayer.

LEGENDARY to make it as hard and fun as possible the same time

> > Normal. I want to absorb everything without being distracted by difficulty.
>
> Who get’s distracted by difficulty on Heroic? :wink:
>
> Personally, I might just do it on Normal too, because I want to play Multiplayer as soon as I can. It’s a tradition for me not to TOUCH Multiplayer until Campaign is done.

I’ve played so much Heroic (thanks to tradition and having a brother) that it’s not much of an issue for me.

Besides even the description states it’s how Halo is meant to be played. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heroic is tough but not insane like Legendary or easy like normal. Just the way i like :).

I go heroic first time. It makes it challenging, while still allowing me to play as a super soldier hero rather than somebody who must cautiously move through areas were anything can kill you quickly or run back through half the level to get that plasma pistol a grunt might’ve left since all the other guns are out of amo.

Legendary, there is no other way to go.

I will run on what ever the highest available one is my first run through. Why start on a lower difficulty? Start on the hardest and learn faster.

Normal or Heroic for my first run through

Normal, campaign is boring at the best of times and I want the achievements but don’t want it to take any longer first time round.

Then I will play through it on legendary Co-Op.