18 Meter Radar is NOT enough

Please for the love of God! Increase the radar to 30 meters because it is just WAY TOO SHORT of a distance for a radar to be. Previous games had 30 meter radars so why did you guys change it. Please change it back!

30 meters would more than double the amount of area covered and would be ridiculously large on these maps.

The radar is fine as is and plenty useful.

The older Halo games such as Halo 3 had a 25m radar, and it worked great. I think 30m would be good, to compensate for sprint. Right now, someone can sprint up to you and Spartan Charge you, and you will have barely enough time to react, let alone counter it. There are many other problems that arise from the small radar. By nerfing the radar so much, you are starting to take away what has been a core mechanic the Halo games.

Bring back 25m radar. It worked fine in H4 and Reach which had sprint. It will work fine in H5.

> 2535428321626321;3:
> The older Halo games such as Halo 3 had a 25m radar, and it worked great. I think 30m would be good, to compensate for sprint. Right now, someone can sprint up to you and Spartan Charge you, and you will have barely enough time to react, let alone counter it. There are many other problems that arise from the small radar. By nerfing the radar so much, you are starting to take away what has been a core mechanic the Halo games.

Having a rader when you can at least counter spartan charge would be nice or to nerf the charge. Cant detect someone charging someone from behind at all :x
Otherwise the radar isn’t too bad being 18m tbh.

> 2535428321626321;3:
> The older Halo games such as Halo 3 had a 25m radar, and it worked great. I think 30m would be good, to compensate for sprint. Right now, someone can sprint up to you and Spartan Charge you, and you will have barely enough time to react, let alone counter it. There are many other problems that arise from the small radar. By nerfing the radar so much, you are starting to take away what has been a core mechanic the Halo games.

I can count the times I’ve been surprised by a spartan charge (not from the front) on my hands.
I know it’s only my experience, but having people sprint around the map, constantly spartan charging people, just hasn’t happened to me.
There are always firefights breaking out that keep you from sprinting everywhere. People seem to be more likely to charge you from the front in my experience.

I thought the same thing at first but after you get use to it you really don’t rely on it as much. having such a short range radar and with sprint and Spartan charge being able to close that gap so quickly, you learn more situational awareness.

> 2535411412065764;5:
> > 2535428321626321;3:
> > The older Halo games such as Halo 3 had a 25m radar, and it worked great. I think 30m would be good, to compensate for sprint. Right now, someone can sprint up to you and Spartan Charge you, and you will have barely enough time to react, let alone counter it. There are many other problems that arise from the small radar. By nerfing the radar so much, you are starting to take away what has been a core mechanic the Halo games.
>
>
> Having a rader when you can at least counter spartan charge would be nice or to nerf the charge. Cant detect someone charging someone from behind at all :x
> Otherwise the radar isn’t too bad being 18m tbh.

Spartan charge is only a few meters, If you can’t react to it it’s your fault, not the radar’s. I catch people trying to charge in all the time.

> 2533274866682248;8:
> > 2535411412065764;5:
> > > 2535428321626321;3:
> > > The older Halo games such as Halo 3 had a 25m radar, and it worked great. I think 30m would be good, to compensate for sprint. Right now, someone can sprint up to you and Spartan Charge you, and you will have barely enough time to react, let alone counter it. There are many other problems that arise from the small radar. By nerfing the radar so much, you are starting to take away what has been a core mechanic the Halo games.
> >
> >
> > Having a rader when you can at least counter spartan charge would be nice or to nerf the charge. Cant detect someone charging someone from behind at all :x
> > Otherwise the radar isn’t too bad being 18m tbh.
>
>
> Spartan charge is only a few meters, If you can’t react to it it’s your fault, not the radar’s. I catch people trying to charge in all the time.

It covers the distance from the edge of radar to impact in far less time that it takes to turn around. You have to be already watching the radar to know it’s coming. Stop acting like charge isn’t one of the dumbest things added to the game.

> 2533274913936758;9:
> > 2533274866682248;8:
> > > 2535411412065764;5:
> > > > 2535428321626321;3:
> > > > The older Halo games such as Halo 3 had a 25m radar, and it worked great. I think 30m would be good, to compensate for sprint. Right now, someone can sprint up to you and Spartan Charge you, and you will have barely enough time to react, let alone counter it. There are many other problems that arise from the small radar. By nerfing the radar so much, you are starting to take away what has been a core mechanic the Halo games.
> > >
> > >
> > > Having a rader when you can at least counter spartan charge would be nice or to nerf the charge. Cant detect someone charging someone from behind at all :x
> > > Otherwise the radar isn’t too bad being 18m tbh.
> >
> >
> > Spartan charge is only a few meters, If you can’t react to it it’s your fault, not the radar’s. I catch people trying to charge in all the time.
>
>
> It covers the distance from the edge of radar to impact in far less time that it takes to turn around. You have to be already watching the radar to know it’s coming. Stop acting like charge isn’t one of the dumbest things added to the game.

Dont think the Charge is stupid at all! And i cant really complain about the radar range either. Wouldnt mind maybe increase in range, but the only thing i have against the radar is when its showing people up/down or at equal level. Maybe its just me…

> 2533274866682248;2:
> The radar is fine as is and plenty useful.

You are wrong.

The radar serves as nothing more than a distraction for you. The split second you flick your eyes down to the little radar is the split second it takes for somebody to spartan charge you. And even though you are looking at the radar majority of the time they don’t even show up. It’s broken .

> 2533274975021613;11:
> > 2533274866682248;2:
> > The radar is fine as is and plenty useful.
>
>
> You are wrong.
>
> The radar serves as nothing more than a distraction for you. The split second you flick your eyes down to the little radar is the split second it takes for somebody to spartan charge you. And even though you are looking at the radar majority of the time they don’t even show up. It’s broken .

No. Speak for yourself. And try to work on your map awareness.

My mate who is better than the rest of our clan always used to complain that we rely on the radar too much in previous halos.

We’d go into mlg type games (to get wrecked lol) and he used to go nuts because we wouldn’t check out corners etc. the radar is a crutch and I like what they’ve done with it in h5. It makes me be more aware of my surroundings and call outs etc.

Classic 25 meter radar would work perfectly for the maps.

> 2533274849470050;13:
> My mate who is better than the rest of our clan always used to complain that we rely on the radar too much in previous halos.
>
> We’d go into mlg type games (to get wrecked lol) and he used to go nuts because we wouldn’t check out corners etc. the radar is a crutch and I like what they’ve done with it in h5. It makes me be more aware of my surroundings and call outs etc.

Perhaps 343i could implement a playlist with small/no radar (similar to breakout but with regular kill times). However, I think Halo 5 needs a greater radar range because the majority of players are not competitive players who will party up with team mates. My reducing the radar, you are also making Halo less unique, as many other fps games do not have a radar like Halo does.

Its funny how people don’t want Halo to be like COD yet defend the poor radar. this version of radar and motion sensor or more like COD than ever before I can go on MCC right now and rarely RARELY get killed from behind because of how it works in prior games in H5, its not uncommon to get killed from behind because the radar is useless due to boost and spartan charge. You have just enough time to say SH!! before getting killed. That radar from prior games and Shields have been classic Hallmarks of the series. if things keep going the way they are going there will be no radar at all in the next game and one shot from any loadout weapon will drop shields. making most weapons 2 shot kill weapons.

It’s fine as is. 30 meters would be way too much.

Radar is a crutch. It promotes campy play and people running away from encounters. I say increase it to 25m in the casual playlist and remove it completely in all ranked playlists. Competitive halo has always been played without radar, and it should continue to be that way.

> 2582868000597096;18:
> Radar is a crutch. It promotes campy play and people running away from encounters. I say increase it to 25m in the casual playlist and remove it completely in all ranked playlists. Competitive halo has always been played without radar, and it should continue to be that way.

The only problem is If somebody wants to play slayer they are forced to play the ranked list. Then there is the whole splitting up the community concern by adding more of basically the same gametype.

Radar is fine. Your awareness is bad. Man up.