16 vs 16 Team Slayer

Wouldn’t it be awesome, 16 people fighting in a huge map? I don’t want this mode to be like battle royale, just as a bigger map version of team slayer

Match finishes at 100 kills.
Default Primary : AR/BR
Default Secondary : Magnum/AR

In the Halo Infinite Reveal there was a huge area where master chief was fighting in. That would be a cool map.

I think if this were to be a mode the kills to win would have to be higher. With 16 players each player on a team can only die 7 (6.25 with direct math, just rounded up since you can’t die 0.25%) times each and the match would be over.

With Standard 4v4 slayer players can die 13 times each (rounded up from 12.5). Basically double the amount of times from the proposed 16v16 mode.

I think if the score limit was increased to 150 or maybe even 200 at a push the lengths of matches would be more sensible. That’s just my opinions anyway

yeah thats a good idea

This seems like a good idea.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> I think if this were to be a mode the kills to win would have to be higher. With 16 players each player on a team can only die 7 (6.25 with direct math, just rounded up since you can’t die 0.25%) times each and the match would be over.
>
> With Standard 4v4 slayer players can die 13 times each (rounded up from 12.5). Basically double the amount of times from the proposed 16v16 mode.
>
> I think if the score limit was increased to 150 or maybe even 200 at a push the lengths of matches would be more sensible. That’s just my opinions anyway

Yeah 100 would be a 5 minute game

I like it. It would be fun and remind me of the spartan companies. could add REAL depth to the game IE. sniper with a spotter placed strategically, two fire teams moving on the enemy, etc. Kind of a mix of objective/slayer similar to how warzone is already.

As a solo player… I’ve always found the bigger team games a bit chaotic… never really knowing how to help the team.

Could these bigger team games be set up with selection into smaller squads - each with their own objective in mind? Pushing the game play into the format mentioned above; two fire teams moving in different directions, a defensive perimeter being held, etc.

Or could the intro screen at the beginning of the game have a number of roles that you can nominate yourself for (I guess there is no guarantee that you will stick with it - but at least you have an idea who is doing what).

16 on 16 slayer sounds like a chaotic cross between Big Team and Warzone (in terms of size) but I wouldn’t mind.

sounds a little too chaotic for me, don’t really see it happening honestly

Yea i was thinking about this the other day. I think it would be cool to have but I feel like 343 would add a twist like AI, so that would mean we’d have Warzone all over again. But yes I’d love the idea of a crazy 16v16.

Is this not essentially a larger big team battle?

> 2533274950071036;11:
> Is this not essentially a larger big team battle?

Yeah, big team battle with steroids, I’m a fan.

> 2533274883108544;12:
> > 2533274950071036;11:
> > Is this not essentially a larger big team battle?
>
> Yeah, big team battle with steroids, I’m a fan.

Sounds like Warzone sorta. I think adding AI with Halo 5’s warzone was a neat idea. I think just because of the whole REQ system monetisation, they made some of the AI bosses too bullet spongy. I think LateNight Gaming talked about it in of his Q&A vids as well and basically, the WarZone AI plays on a different game than the campaign AI (even on Legendary).

That being said, I think a larger big team battle (as much as ppl hate on Halo 4, I still play Halo 4 Big Team Battle to this day on MCC) would be lit.

I think a gamemode like this could be a sorta invasion on steroids as well.

• One team plays as the UNSC (Spartans), the other as the Banished (Maybe banished special forces). It can be just slayer (like Invasion slayer) or with like objectives or phases. - For phases, parts of the map are locked similar to invasion and you first fight AI on your portion or section of the ring (remember it’s in pieces) and to clear like a dominion style base from Halo 4 and then branch to the enemy sector. - Another thing you could add are like AI Spartans into the mix (if you played Battlefront 2’s Capital Supremacy it’s a similar idea) - On top of all this, have Elites playable on both sides (so Swords of Sangehelios for the UNSC, the Elite Mercs/Silent Shadow for the Banished).

As I see it there are two problems with this.

1. A lack of maps. Halo is at its heart an Arena shooter, which means the default matches will be set on smaller, interconnected maps with a focus on verticality. For your mode to exist, the team would have to develop huge maps specifically for this mode. In the past, what Bungie would do us create middle sized maps (Sand Trap, Valhalla, Blood Gultch etc) which would be a bit big for normal 4v4 but still playable, while being ideal for 6v6 and 8v8. That’s why Big Team has traditionally come woth a smaller player count in Halo than in othee games, because there is a limited pool of resources the devs can use for map development.

2. Halo’s sandbox is very delicate. The more players you put in a match, the more chaotic it gets and tge harder it is to ballance the sandbox. 16v16 would be fun, sure, but would require a lot of effort and planning if it’s to be any more than that. I think 343i will prefer to allocate their time and resources in other places (such as classic Arena and whatever mode will replace Warzone).

Possible solutions:

1. Take maps from the campaign for this mode. This means they don’t have to create new maps from scratch. The downside is that the maps won’t be specifically made for the mode. Maybe with some tinkering in Forge they can be fitted better for it, though.

2. Focus on other modes at launch, but explore this as a possibility with the community first with Forge creations and eventually (if it succeeds) with dedicated developer maps.

I just want a reach type firefight thats all im asking.

I can feel something like Battlefield’s Conquest fused with Battlefront’s zone control. 5 points to control, one side for each team on the map, vehicles are at spawn or available at zones, 1000 points to win, A.I. loads at home base and controlled zones, hero characters to play as (Chief, Locke, Arbiter, the new Sangheili character, the new Banished leader, Pavium and Voridus for fun, etc.)

I wouldn’t play anything else.

> 2535461615696415;1:
> Wouldn’t it be awesome, 16 people fighting in a huge map? I don’t want this mode to be like battle royale, just as a bigger map version of team slayer
>
> Match finishes at 100 kills.
> Default Primary : AR/BR
> Default Secondary : Magnum/AR
>
> In the Halo Infinite Reveal there was a huge area where master chief was fighting in. That would be a cool map.

Yes, and this would still better than the generic Battle Royale.
LOL

> 2533274865778947;2:
> I think if this were to be a mode the kills to win would have to be higher. With 16 players each player on a team can only die 7 (6.25 with direct math, just rounded up since you can’t die 0.25%) times each and the match would be over.
>
> With Standard 4v4 slayer players can die 13 times each (rounded up from 12.5). Basically double the amount of times from the proposed 16v16 mode.
>
> I think if the score limit was increased to 150 or maybe even 200 at a push the lengths of matches would be more sensible. That’s just my opinions anyway

And a worth it RP increase (if RP is in Infinite)
in H5, the Dramatic increase of RP from 4v4 to 8v8 is… drumroll… A hugemongus 1/2 increase!!!
yep, BTBs only difference in RP from normal slayer is isn’t 1,600 RP, but instead only 1200. Only 400 extra RP instead of 800, when BTB is essentially double Slayer. And slayer gives about 800 RP.

I would rather that for the warzone playlists.