152 reward after launch of infinite?

I’ve been on the grind to 152 with a few breaks here and there with one long break and realized that I might not make it before infinite. But after I complete the new campaign and get a glimpse of the reward I might go back on the grind.

They have not yet clarified if you can unlock the reward after Infinite launches, but I would be surprised if that is the case.

Most of the unlocks for completing things in MCC still give the reward in Halo 5, even years later.

you will not be able to obtain it for the simple reason that you will not be able to find any more games

> 2533274931338642;3:
> you will not be able to obtain it for the simple reason that you will not be able to find any more games

It sounds totally bonkers, but I’m pretty sure if the 152 tokens for infinite are still available to be ground out in halo 5, they will be.
Eventually…over a long time. In a healthy way, lol, not playing 6 hours a day for 4 months straight or whatever.
Warzone firefight would still have players.
If it’s not available after launch, there still will be people playing wzff, just much much less

> 2533274931338642;3:
> you will not be able to obtain it for the simple reason that you will not be able to find any more games

Right… because ever single person on this planet will stop playing H5 all at once the nanosecond that Infinite comes out. Not likely… there will be too many people left that will be close enough to 152, or other reasons like comms (company or personal) that would like to finish them as close as they are. Will the population drop upon Infinite release? Absolutely!! Will it be to the point where it will be impossible to find a game in H5 on launch day?? No… there will be time to get 152 and wrap up whatever else you’d like to wrap up before moving on…

> 2542657289641224;5:
> > 2533274931338642;3:
> > you will not be able to obtain it for the simple reason that you will not be able to find any more games
>
> Right… because ever single person on this planet will stop playing H5 all at once the nanosecond that Infinite comes out. Not likely… there will be too many people left that will be close enough to 152, or other reasons like comms (company or personal) that would like to finish them as close as they are. Will the population drop upon Infinite release? Absolutely!! Will it be to the point where it will be impossible to find a game in H5 on launch day?? No… there will be time to get 152 and wrap up whatever else you’d like to wrap up before moving on…

It’s an exaggeration, but I do think there is a legit concern that it will start getting considerably harder to find matches in 5 since Infinite will have freely available multiplayer. (At least compared to now when you can get full Mythic FF lobbies quickly during off hours)

> 2533274931338642;3:

I am curious just how bad the population drop off will be, Honestly if I am not 152 by Infinites release I do wonder if I will stick around to get there; I’ll likely just opt to play the new game instead, but it depends how close I get I guess

> 2533274841519598;7:
> > 2533274931338642;3:
> > you will not be able to obtain it for the simple reason that you will not be able to find any more games
>
> I am curious just how bad the population drop off will be, Honestly if I am not 152 by Infinites release I do wonder if I will stick around to get there; I’ll likely just opt to play the new game instead, but it depends how close I get I guess

Personally, I’ll be investing all my game time into Infinite once it drops. If I’m not 152 by then, oh well. I’d rather grind out the things in Infinite. The new shinies.

SR149 now, 20M in. If I can make it to 151 before launch, I’m going to keep going for it. It’s a grind; but fun if you enjoy the game (So. Much. Firefight). Playing other games in between is key (as time allows). I won’t give up on the mountain if I can start seeing the summit.

Also wonder if Firefight will be in Infinite? And if people will be so burned by H5 Firefight for this grind that no one will play for a hot minute…

> 2533274824851714;9:
> SR149 now, 20M in. If I can make it to 151 before launch, I’m going to keep going for it. It’s a grind; but fun if you enjoy the game (So. Much. Firefight). Playing other games in between is key (as time allows). I won’t give up on the mountain if I can start seeing the summit.
>
> Also wonder if Firefight will be in Infinite? And if people will be so burned by H5 Firefight for this grind that no one will play for a hot minute…

Really hope there’s firefight. I mean i know it’s popular and all but it was big problem for me. How? Well ofc I wanted to rank up, but the best way to rank up was through Warzone and firefight. Me, being a competitive player, wanted to grind out through Arena. As we all know that’s not much XP as Warzone. I mean, if there is Infinite Firefight, please don’t make it the literally only way to rank to max.

> 2535421500160695;1:
> I’ve been on the grind to 152 with a few breaks here and there with one long break and realized that I might not make it before infinite. But after I complete the new campaign and get a glimpse of the reward I might go back on the grind.

You aren’t even half way complete yet, you need 50 million xp to get 152, you are at 25 million xp once you hit level 150.

> 2806037446402987;6:
> > 2542657289641224;5:
> > > 2533274931338642;3:
> > > you will not be able to obtain it for the simple reason that you will not be able to find any more games
> >
> > Right… because ever single person on this planet will stop playing H5 all at once the nanosecond that Infinite comes out. Not likely… there will be too many people left that will be close enough to 152, or other reasons like comms (company or personal) that would like to finish them as close as they are. Will the population drop upon Infinite release? Absolutely!! Will it be to the point where it will be impossible to find a game in H5 on launch day?? No… there will be time to get 152 and wrap up whatever else you’d like to wrap up before moving on…
>
> It’s an exaggeration, but I do think there is a legit concern that it will start getting considerably harder to find matches in 5 since Infinite will have freely available multiplayer. (At least compared to now when you can get full Mythic FF lobbies quickly during off hours)

I haven’t had any real issues in most of the gametypes… even the -Yoink- ranked game types… I see these people all the time complaining about not being able to find matches… and I have to laugh to myself because the most I have to wait for most gametypes is 1-2 minutes (if that long)… obviously ranked is worse, but I don’t go in there anymore (long story and not part of this thread)… but needless to say, until I hear otherwise from someone at 343, I will continue to assume that it will be available post launch. Yes it will be harder to find matches as the population in H5 dwindles… but if you get enough friends together, you still should be able to find matches in the right gametype…

I would assume that you will be able to unlock the special Halo Infinite SR152 reward after Halo Infinite gets released as nothing contradictory has been stated. In addition to that, it would greatly surprise me if they limited the reward only to the players that has managed to reach SR152 before the launch of Halo Infinite.

> 2535469120778295;13:
> I would assume that you will be able to unlock the special Halo Infinite SR152 reward after Halo Infinite gets released as nothing contradictory has been stated. In addition to that, it would greatly surprise me if they limited the reward only to the players that has managed to reach SR152 before the launch of Halo Infinite.

I would hope so, but they’re not saying they will either.
I guess people are buying a lot of req packs?

> 2533274808453107;14:
> > 2535469120778295;13:
> > I would assume that you will be able to unlock the special Halo Infinite SR152 reward after Halo Infinite gets released as nothing contradictory has been stated. In addition to that, it would greatly surprise me if they limited the reward only to the players that has managed to reach SR152 before the launch of Halo Infinite.
>
> I would hope so, but they’re not saying they will either.
> I guess people are buying a lot of req packs?

Unfortunately, I don’t have any data to prove or disprove your statement. However, I would guess that only a small fraction of the community are investing substantial sums of real money on req packs.

> 2542657289641224;5:
> > 2533274931338642;3:
>
> Right… because ever single person on this planet will stop playing H5 all at once the nanosecond that Infinite comes out. Not likely… there will be too many people left that will be close enough to 152, or other reasons like comms (company or personal) that would like to finish them as close as they are. Will the population drop upon Infinite release? Absolutely!! Will it be to the point where it will be impossible to find a game in H5 on launch day?? No… there will be time to get 152 and wrap up whatever else you’d like to wrap up before moving on…

It won’t be impossible to find matches, you make a good point. But as low as H5’s population already is in comparison to MCC, when Infinite drops the population is gonna turn into a graveyard. I’m sure there will still be achievement hunters, or maybe more Companies specifically aimed at getting the stragglers to 152 and others finishing commendations, but i’d say literally 80-90% of the population will leave. Especially since it’s free to play. Not impossible! Just much harder.

> 2533274882898126;16:
> > 2542657289641224;5:
> > > 2533274931338642;3:
> > > you will not be able to obtain it for the simple reason that you will not be able to find any more games
> >
> > Right… because ever single person on this planet will stop playing H5 all at once the nanosecond that Infinite comes out. Not likely… there will be too many people left that will be close enough to 152, or other reasons like comms (company or personal) that would like to finish them as close as they are. Will the population drop upon Infinite release? Absolutely!! Will it be to the point where it will be impossible to find a game in H5 on launch day?? No… there will be time to get 152 and wrap up whatever else you’d like to wrap up before moving on…
>
> It won’t be impossible to find matches, you make a good point. But as low as H5’s population already is in comparison to MCC, when Infinite drops the population is gonna turn into a graveyard. I’m sure there will still be achievement hunters, or maybe more Companies specifically aimed at getting the stragglers to 152 and others finishing commendations, but i’d say literally 80-90% of the population will leave. Especially since it’s free to play. Not impossible! Just much harder.

For sure… you’re not wrong… and while I don’t know first hand… I’ve heard tell that the population in MCC isn’t all that great either…

> 2535469120778295;13:
> I would assume that you will be able to unlock the special Halo Infinite SR152 reward after Halo Infinite gets released as nothing contradictory has been stated. In addition to that, it would greatly surprise me if they limited the reward only to the players that has managed to reach SR152 before the launch of Halo Infinite.

I agree with the stranger xdxd

I got to SR145 in H5 and quit playing about 2 years ago. Anyone mind telling me what infinite has to do with SR152? Achievement or something? I only got 7 more to go…

There’s been zero clarification on that issue. Before I maxed out I asked someone who is involved with 343i, and they never followed up. If I had to guess I don’t think they’ve fully decided on whether it’ll be a limited, or permanent window to do it. If I were you I’d try to grind it out quick depending on how far off you are.