152 cheevo

Halo 5 should have an achievement for reaching max level

Little late for that now, but you do get a crappy emblem.

Designing an achievement that far less than 1% of the community would be able to achieve seems silly to me personally.

I agree…no more grinding achievements.

no achievement, but maybe a new helmet/armor set…it’d be like halo reach though, where most players would make fun or resent the players who’ve got it.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> Designing an achievement that far less than 1% of the community would be able to achieve seems silly to me personally.

Idk, I feel that having an achievement that less then 1% has would be awesome. Just my opinion though.

I won’t buy a game anymore with achievements that require 1000 of this and 250 of that and spend this much time doing this or having to grind for that. When I’m done with mcc I’ll be checking achievement lists first! If you are a completionist these sort of achievements burn games out until there not fun anymore. Just finished a laso playlist, now that’s an achievement! Getting maxed rank Is beyond my limit before the game gets stale doing the same -Yoink- over and over.

No thanks.

I do think that there needs to be a few challenging achievements in each game, but reaching a max rank in MP shouldn’t be one of them.

The Halo Wars General rank achievement was brutal at first, if doing it legit. I don’t want to see that ever happen again.
(They ended up lowering the XP required to attain General, and there was an easy way to boost with a partner)

Attain max rank in a Halo game should be the achievement itself. Everyone can see your rank, and you also get an emblem. It’s for ‘hardcore’ MP players only.

Achievements, while they should be challenging, should also be ‘accessible’ to everyone - such that the average gamer who decides to step it up a notch or two could get them all.

> 2766496913967593;8:
> No thanks.
>
> I do think that there needs to be a few challenging achievements in each game, but reaching a max rank in MP shouldn’t be one of them.
>
> The Halo Wars General rank achievement was brutal at first, if doing it legit. I don’t want to see that ever happen again.
> (They ended up lowering the XP required to attain General, and there was an easy way to boost with a partner)
>
> **Attain max rank in a Halo game should be the achievement itself. Everyone can see your rank, and you also get an emblem. It’s for ‘hardcore’ MP players only.**Achievements, while they should be challenging, should also be ‘accessible’ to everyone - such that the average gamer who decides to step it up a notch or two could get them all.

I am a hardcore mp player, and also very much the achievement hunter. I agree with this on both sides.

I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.

I still don’t like an achievement for this.

Give something more substantial than an emblem, sure. But no achievement.

There are too many people that love the games that want to complete all achievements that will never be able to get to 152.
MCC is a bit of a stretch with the LASO ones, but with help they’re doable.

And again, yes I understand that the word ‘achievement’ means something - but in the world of Xbox, it’s a little different.
There are other ways to recognize someone for 152 (more than just an emblem and pride) than tying it to a system that is across all Xbox games. IMO.

> 2766496913967593;11:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
> > I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.
>
> I still don’t like an achievement for this.
>
> Give something more substantial than an emblem, sure. But no achievement.
>
> There are too many people that love the games that want to complete all achievements that will never be able to get to 152.
> MCC is a bit of a stretch with the LASO ones, but with help they’re doable.
>
> And again, yes I understand that the word ‘achievement’ means something - but in the world of Xbox, it’s a little different.
> There are other ways to recognize someone for 152 (more than just an emblem and pride) than tying it to a system that is across all Xbox games. IMO.

Achievements should be for all degrees of stuff… They are achievements for a reason. I disagree about not being able to get it 152… Every one can get to 152 if they play long enough. Your SR goes up as long as you complete multiplayer games so sooner or later you will get there.
Edit:. Should they take the emblem away since there are players who like to unlock everything or get all cosmetics because they may not reach 152?

I wish they would make Halo gamer score and achievements really mean something.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> > 2766496913967593;11:
> > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I still don’t like an achievement for this.
> >
> > Give something more substantial than an emblem, sure. But no achievement.
> >
> > There are too many people that love the games that want to complete all achievements that will never be able to get to 152.
> > MCC is a bit of a stretch with the LASO ones, but with help they’re doable.
> >
> > And again, yes I understand that the word ‘achievement’ means something - but in the world of Xbox, it’s a little different.
> > There are other ways to recognize someone for 152 (more than just an emblem and pride) than tying it to a system that is across all Xbox games. IMO.
> >

>
> Achievements should be for all degrees of stuff… They are achievements for a reason. I disagree about not being able to get it 152… Every one can get to 152 if they play long enough. Your SR goes up as long as you complete multiplayer games so sooner or later you will get there.

Fair point - my poor choice of words for me to say ‘never be able to’. It is certainly obtainable…
But my sentiment still remains that 152 will basically be out of reach for even the ‘above average, more than casual’ players.

And I 100% agree that achievements should exist for an array of things, and some of them ought to be difficult.

But difficult should not mean ‘easy, but really long’ (nor should it mean ‘by chance’ - but that’s another discussion).
This is why I’m actually OK with the LASO achievements. They actually require some skill.
152 just requires [seemingly] endless amount of hours poured into the game.

Achievements are an Xbox ‘global’ system. I say their spirit shouldn’t be tied to 100% completion of every aspect of a game.
Most other games have many internal trackers and rewards beyond achievements.

Give people something for 152 other than an emblem - just don’t make it an achievement.

> 2766496913967593;13:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > 2766496913967593;11:
> > > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I still don’t like an achievement for this.
> > >
> > > Give something more substantial than an emblem, sure. But no achievement.
> > >
> > > There are too many people that love the games that want to complete all achievements that will never be able to get to 152.
> > > MCC is a bit of a stretch with the LASO ones, but with help they’re doable.
> > >
> > > And again, yes I understand that the word ‘achievement’ means something - but in the world of Xbox, it’s a little different.
> > > There are other ways to recognize someone for 152 (more than just an emblem and pride) than tying it to a system that is across all Xbox games. IMO.
> > >

> >
> > Achievements should be for all degrees of stuff… They are achievements for a reason. I disagree about not being able to get it 152… Every one can get to 152 if they play long enough. Your SR goes up as long as you complete multiplayer games so sooner or later you will get there.
>
> Fair point - my poor choice of words for me to say ‘never be able to’. It is certainly obtainable…
> But my sentiment still remains that 152 will basically be out of reach for even the ‘above average, more than casual’ players.
>
> And I 100% agree that achievements should exist for an array of things, and some of them ought to be difficult.
>
> But difficult should not mean ‘easy, but really long’ (nor should it mean ‘by chance’ - but that’s another discussion).
> This is why I’m actually OK with the LASO achievements. They actually require some skill.
> 152 just requires [seemingly] endless amount of hours poured into the game.
>
> Achievements are an Xbox ‘global’ system. I say their spirit shouldn’t be tied to 100% completion of every aspect of a game.
> Most other games have many internal trackers and rewards beyond achievements.
>
> Give people something for 152 other than an emblem - just don’t make it an achievement.

I agree. 152 is a grind…not skill.

> 2533274802593370;14:
> > 2766496913967593;13:
> > > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > > 2766496913967593;11:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > > I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I still don’t like an achievement for this.
> > > >
> > > > Give something more substantial than an emblem, sure. But no achievement.
> > > >
> > > > There are too many people that love the games that want to complete all achievements that will never be able to get to 152.
> > > > MCC is a bit of a stretch with the LASO ones, but with help they’re doable.
> > > >
> > > > And again, yes I understand that the word ‘achievement’ means something - but in the world of Xbox, it’s a little different.
> > > > There are other ways to recognize someone for 152 (more than just an emblem and pride) than tying it to a system that is across all Xbox games. IMO.
> > > >

> > >
> > > Achievements should be for all degrees of stuff… They are achievements for a reason. I disagree about not being able to get it 152… Every one can get to 152 if they play long enough. Your SR goes up as long as you complete multiplayer games so sooner or later you will get there.
> >
> > Fair point - my poor choice of words for me to say ‘never be able to’. It is certainly obtainable…
> > But my sentiment still remains that 152 will basically be out of reach for even the ‘above average, more than casual’ players.
> >
> > And I 100% agree that achievements should exist for an array of things, and some of them ought to be difficult.
> >
> > But difficult should not mean ‘easy, but really long’ (nor should it mean ‘by chance’ - but that’s another discussion).
> > This is why I’m actually OK with the LASO achievements. They actually require some skill.
> > 152 just requires [seemingly] endless amount of hours poured into the game.
> >
> > Achievements are an Xbox ‘global’ system. I say their spirit shouldn’t be tied to 100% completion of every aspect of a game.
> > Most other games have many internal trackers and rewards beyond achievements.
> >
> > Give people something for 152 other than an emblem - just don’t make it an achievement.
>
> I agree. 152 is a grind…not skill.

Just because it’s not necessarily a skill doesn’t mean it’s not or can’t be an achievement. There are achievements in Halo that don’t take skill to get.

LethalQ,
Your points are all nicely simple and entirely valid. Including the fact that there are achievements that do not require skill. Such as beat level x on any difficulty.

But they are all beside the point.

Making a 152 achievement is not really fair - forcing people to grind something for months maybe even years. That takes away from the spirit of achievements I think.

Honestly, I can’t disagree with any of your counter arguments to what we say, because they are all very valid.
I almost can’t tell anymore if you actually feel there should be a 152 cheevo, or if you are just enjoying the debate.
:blush:

> 2766496913967593;16:
> LethalQ,
> Your points are all nicely simple and entirely valid. Including the fact that there are achievements that do not require skill. Such as beat level x on any difficulty.
>
> But they are all beside the point.
>
> Making a 152 achievement is not really fair - forcing people to grind something for months maybe even years. That takes away from the spirit of achievements I think.
>
> Honestly, I can’t disagree with any of your counter arguments to what we say, because they are all very valid.
> I almost can’t tell anymore if you actually feel there should be a 152 cheevo, or if you are just enjoying the debate.
> :blush:

I enjoy the debate and I think there should be an achievement for it besides just an emblem. A good way to extend a games population and life is to make some goals that do take a long time and have something worth at the end while if players are willing to grind it out and put in the time. One reason I don’t care about getting to 152 is because it’s just an emblem at the end. If there was an achievement with some gamerscore I would probably be willing to go for it.

> 2533274816788253;15:
> > 2533274802593370;14:
> > > 2766496913967593;13:
> > > > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > > > 2766496913967593;11:
> > > > > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > > > I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I still don’t like an achievement for this.
> > > > >
> > > > > Give something more substantial than an emblem, sure. But no achievement.
> > > > >
> > > > > There are too many people that love the games that want to complete all achievements that will never be able to get to 152.
> > > > > MCC is a bit of a stretch with the LASO ones, but with help they’re doable.
> > > > >
> > > > > And again, yes I understand that the word ‘achievement’ means something - but in the world of Xbox, it’s a little different.
> > > > > There are other ways to recognize someone for 152 (more than just an emblem and pride) than tying it to a system that is across all Xbox games. IMO.
> > > > >

> > > >
> > > > Achievements should be for all degrees of stuff… They are achievements for a reason. I disagree about not being able to get it 152… Every one can get to 152 if they play long enough. Your SR goes up as long as you complete multiplayer games so sooner or later you will get there.
> > >
> > > Fair point - my poor choice of words for me to say ‘never be able to’. It is certainly obtainable…
> > > But my sentiment still remains that 152 will basically be out of reach for even the ‘above average, more than casual’ players.
> > >
> > > And I 100% agree that achievements should exist for an array of things, and some of them ought to be difficult.
> > >
> > > But difficult should not mean ‘easy, but really long’ (nor should it mean ‘by chance’ - but that’s another discussion).
> > > This is why I’m actually OK with the LASO achievements. They actually require some skill.
> > > 152 just requires [seemingly] endless amount of hours poured into the game.
> > >
> > > Achievements are an Xbox ‘global’ system. I say their spirit shouldn’t be tied to 100% completion of every aspect of a game.
> > > Most other games have many internal trackers and rewards beyond achievements.
> > >
> > > Give people something for 152 other than an emblem - just don’t make it an achievement.
> >
> > I agree. 152 is a grind…not skill.
>
> Just because it’s not necessarily a skill doesn’t mean it’s not or can’t be an achievement. There are achievements in Halo that don’t take skill to get.

And they are tedious and boring. They ruin games. I’m still ranking up in reach…almost a hero and I still enjoy the game because of it. Tie an achievement to it and it becomes something else in people minds, just look at what people are willing to do to get them. It’s the difference between if you can actually pull something off, or have the patience to grind through something. I guess both are achievements. The latter I just don’t like wasting my time on.

> 2533274802593370;18:
> > 2533274816788253;15:
> > > 2533274802593370;14:
> > > > 2766496913967593;13:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > > > > 2766496913967593;11:
> > > > > > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > > > > I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I still don’t like an achievement for this.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Give something more substantial than an emblem, sure. But no achievement.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > There are too many people that love the games that want to complete all achievements that will never be able to get to 152.
> > > > > > MCC is a bit of a stretch with the LASO ones, but with help they’re doable.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And again, yes I understand that the word ‘achievement’ means something - but in the world of Xbox, it’s a little different.
> > > > > > There are other ways to recognize someone for 152 (more than just an emblem and pride) than tying it to a system that is across all Xbox games. IMO.
> > > > > >

> > > > >
> > > > > Achievements should be for all degrees of stuff… They are achievements for a reason. I disagree about not being able to get it 152… Every one can get to 152 if they play long enough. Your SR goes up as long as you complete multiplayer games so sooner or later you will get there.
> > > >
> > > > Fair point - my poor choice of words for me to say ‘never be able to’. It is certainly obtainable…
> > > > But my sentiment still remains that 152 will basically be out of reach for even the ‘above average, more than casual’ players.
> > > >
> > > > And I 100% agree that achievements should exist for an array of things, and some of them ought to be difficult.
> > > >
> > > > But difficult should not mean ‘easy, but really long’ (nor should it mean ‘by chance’ - but that’s another discussion).
> > > > This is why I’m actually OK with the LASO achievements. They actually require some skill.
> > > > 152 just requires [seemingly] endless amount of hours poured into the game.
> > > >
> > > > Achievements are an Xbox ‘global’ system. I say their spirit shouldn’t be tied to 100% completion of every aspect of a game.
> > > > Most other games have many internal trackers and rewards beyond achievements.
> > > >
> > > > Give people something for 152 other than an emblem - just don’t make it an achievement.
> > >
> > > I agree. 152 is a grind…not skill.
> >
> > Just because it’s not necessarily a skill doesn’t mean it’s not or can’t be an achievement. There are achievements in Halo that don’t take skill to get.
>
> And they are tedious and boring. They ruin games. I’m still ranking up in reach…almost a hero and I still enjoy the game because of it. Tie an achievement to it and it becomes something else in people minds, just look at what people are willing to do to get them. It’s the difference between if you can actually pull something off, or have the patience to grind through something. I guess both are achievements. The latter I just don’t like wasting my time on.

The “rank” in reach and SR rank in H5 is essentially excatly the same. Just long grinds to get to the end. I never bothered to get to inheritor in reach. There was no reason to… Just like there is no reason to in H5… Just a cosmetic for that particular game is good, however an achievement that grants gamerscore is more of an incentive to keep grinding away. But then again I am one of the few who thinks Halo gamerscore means something :slightly_smiling_face:

> 2533274816788253;19:
> > 2533274802593370;18:
> > > 2533274816788253;15:
> > > > 2533274802593370;14:
> > > > > 2766496913967593;13:
> > > > > > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > > > > > 2766496913967593;11:
> > > > > > > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > > > > > I think there should be one. If there was one I would care a bit more about getting to SR152 as I am one of the few that care about my Halo achievements and Halo gamer score. However since they went to these yoinking server side achievements which don’t always pop when you accomplish said achievement I would be hesitant about going for it.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I still don’t like an achievement for this.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Give something more substantial than an emblem, sure. But no achievement.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > There are too many people that love the games that want to complete all achievements that will never be able to get to 152.
> > > > > > > MCC is a bit of a stretch with the LASO ones, but with help they’re doable.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > And again, yes I understand that the word ‘achievement’ means something - but in the world of Xbox, it’s a little different.
> > > > > > > There are other ways to recognize someone for 152 (more than just an emblem and pride) than tying it to a system that is across all Xbox games. IMO.
> > > > > > >

> > > > > >
> > > > > > Achievements should be for all degrees of stuff… They are achievements for a reason. I disagree about not being able to get it 152… Every one can get to 152 if they play long enough. Your SR goes up as long as you complete multiplayer games so sooner or later you will get there.
> > > > >
> > > > > Fair point - my poor choice of words for me to say ‘never be able to’. It is certainly obtainable…
> > > > > But my sentiment still remains that 152 will basically be out of reach for even the ‘above average, more than casual’ players.
> > > > >
> > > > > And I 100% agree that achievements should exist for an array of things, and some of them ought to be difficult.
> > > > >
> > > > > But difficult should not mean ‘easy, but really long’ (nor should it mean ‘by chance’ - but that’s another discussion).
> > > > > This is why I’m actually OK with the LASO achievements. They actually require some skill.
> > > > > 152 just requires [seemingly] endless amount of hours poured into the game.
> > > > >
> > > > > Achievements are an Xbox ‘global’ system. I say their spirit shouldn’t be tied to 100% completion of every aspect of a game.
> > > > > Most other games have many internal trackers and rewards beyond achievements.
> > > > >
> > > > > Give people something for 152 other than an emblem - just don’t make it an achievement.
> > > >
> > > > I agree. 152 is a grind…not skill.
> > >
> > > Just because it’s not necessarily a skill doesn’t mean it’s not or can’t be an achievement. There are achievements in Halo that don’t take skill to get.
> >
> > And they are tedious and boring. They ruin games. I’m still ranking up in reach…almost a hero and I still enjoy the game because of it. Tie an achievement to it and it becomes something else in people minds, just look at what people are willing to do to get them. It’s the difference between if you can actually pull something off, or have the patience to grind through something. I guess both are achievements. The latter I just don’t like wasting my time on.
>
> The “rank” in reach and SR rank in H5 is essentially excatly the same. Just long grinds to get to the end. I never bothered to get to inheritor in reach. There was no reason to… Just like there is no reason to in H5… Just a cosmetic for that particular game is good, however an achievement that grants gamerscore is more of an incentive to keep grinding away. But then again I am one of the few who thinks Halo gamerscore means something :slightly_smiling_face:

I also think Halo Gamerscore means something.
I just think that much of a grind is just too much for me - for an achievement. I think they should have done something more rewards wise though. Definitely more than just a number and an emblem.

343i needs to keep things interesting for the existing players, yes. But they also need to attract and retain new players. There are lots of people who care about their completion % and overall Gamerscore. Those kind of people would look at that achievement and most likely be turned off.
Lots of people want to play more than one game at a time. Creating an achievement that makes you need to commit more than a year of grinding is more likely to piss off a lot more people than it would make people happy.

Just make something else, in game, be the reward. And make it special.

We aren’t going to agree, and that’s ok.