14 yr old chief

Well, after some reseach I figured out that in FUD Master Chief is about 14 yrs old. In The Fall of Reach it says that in 2517 John was 6 yrs old. 343i said FUD takes place during the very begining of the Human Covenent war, which started in 2525, thus MC is only about 14 yrs old.

thank you for saving me the effort of working that out myself, eventually, does this mean in the upcoming episode of FuD where the cadets meet chief his armour will not have the energy shields yet or are they going to ignore the fact that shields weren’t reverse engineered from covy tech till later in the war?

edit*
also will the other members of blue make an appearance?

Didn’t think of that

FUD is set in the year 2526, near the beginning of the war. The Chief is 15 at the time.

Forgive me, but what exactly did you want to discuss here?

> Well, after some reseach I figured out that in FUD Master Chief is about 14 yrs old. In The Fall of Reach it says that in 2517 John was 6 yrs old. 343i said FUD takes place during the very begining of the Human Covenent war, which started in 2525, thus MC is only about 14 yrs old.

No way… They had already been full fledged SPARTANs for at least a few years when the Human Covie war started. Plus I’m pretty sure they didn’t have SPARTAN armor (forgot how to spell MJOLNER or whatever) when they were fourteen. This is all based on my memory of the books so I may be completely wrong in which case I apologize.

just making note of how the chief is probably not much older than the recruits in FuD, yet stands head and shoulders over them and is fully developed (physically, including his voice breaking completely, hence sounding like an adult).

and that he has been involved in some of the most advanced military and black ops training ever devised for the last 8 or 9 years and has already got a covenant cruiser on his squads kill confirmed list.

The funny thing is Lasky may be a little older than Chief is.

> > Well, after some reseach I figured out that in FUD Master Chief is about 14 yrs old. In The Fall of Reach it says that in 2517 John was 6 yrs old. 343i said FUD takes place during the very begining of the Human Covenent war, which started in 2525, thus MC is only about 14 yrs old.
>
> No way… They had already been full fledged SPARTANs for at least a few years when the Human Covie war started. Plus I’m pretty sure they didn’t have SPARTAN armor (forgot how to spell MJOLNER or whatever) when they were fourteen. This is all based on my memory of the books so I may be completely wrong in which case I apologize.

Yeah, I just recently read it so I remember pretty well. But then again when he was 14 he killed 4 ODSTs at once

The year is 2529, Master Chief is 18.

> No way… They had already been full fledged SPARTANs for at least a few years when the Human Covie war started. Plus I’m pretty sure they didn’t have SPARTAN armor (forgot how to spell MJOLNER or whatever) when they were fourteen. This is all based on my memory of the books so I may be completely wrong in which case I apologize.

the MJOLNIR project was accelerated after first contact, and the Spartans, who had been operating without it, before Fc were taken A.S.A.P to the testing facility where MJOLNIR was developed after leaving that facility with the new armour they encountered a covy ship, boarded it and blew it to -Yoink-, but lost a member in the process as their suit was punctured by a plasma shot and they could not re-enter vacuum to escape so stayed behind to ensure detonation.

the physical augmentation the Spartans went through was done at about 14 yes, so if they are 15 in FuD then they have had the armour less than a year guaranteed.

> The year is 2529, Master Chief is 18

18, then a few years with armour, ty for clearing that up.

Mark IV
Here on Halo Nation it say the Mark IV armor was issued in November 2525.
And if he is only 14-15 in FUD because about the augmentation process he would already have the body of a full grown adult.

> > Well, after some reseach I figured out that in FUD Master Chief is about 14 yrs old. In The Fall of Reach it says that in 2517 John was 6 yrs old. 343i said FUD takes place during the very begining of the Human Covenent war, which started in 2525, thus MC is only about 14 yrs old.
>

The Spartans received their armor in 2525, not long after first contact with the Covenant. The planet where they were receiving their armor, Chi Ceti IV, was under attack from the Covenant when the Spartans were getting their armor. It’s true they have been on a few mission before hard, but not many.

John is 15 in FUD

> The year is 2529, Master Chief is 18.

No, FUD is set in 2526, when the Chief was only 15.

Forward Unto Dawn has been confirmed to take place in 2526. The Spartans themselves received MJOLNIR Mark IV Armor for the first time on November 27th, 2525. John 117 as well as the other Spartan-IIs are around 14 or 15 years old depending on when their actual birthdays are.

chief got his augmentation at the age of 14. plus the transaction from unsc-innie to human-covie war goin on for 20 years. that puts him at 34. and then the recent 5 years he put into cryo makes him almost 40. he was 20 at the time the covies attacked humans. (FUD series/contact harvest)

> > The year is 2529, Master Chief is 18.
>
> No, FUD is set in 2526, when the Chief was only 15.

no, it is 2529.

at 0:08 is the proof you need.

> > > The year is 2529, Master Chief is 18.
> >
> > No, FUD is set in 2526, when the Chief was only 15.
>
> no, it is 2529.
>
>
> at 0:08 is the proof you need.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rPEXGuqzM&feature=BFa&list=SPAE1F854F00D8E6AC

Yes, Lasky is part of the class of 2529, as in he graduates from the Academy in 2529. The series itself is set at the end of his Freshmen year, 2526. Read this. It’s a ways down, but it confirms the series is set in 2526.

> > > > The year is 2529, Master Chief is 18.
> > >
> > > No, FUD is set in 2526, when the Chief was only 15.
> >
> > no, it is 2529.
> >
> >
> > at 0:08 is the proof you need.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rPEXGuqzM&feature=BFa&list=SPAE1F854F00D8E6AC
>
> Yes, Lasky is part of the class of 2529, as in he graduates from the Academy in 2529. The series itself is set at the end of his Freshmen year, 2526. Read this. It’s a ways down, but it confirms the series is set in 2526.

It says he is a Freshmen in the video and the bulletin doesn’t say anything about the year.

> > > > > The year is 2529, Master Chief is 18.
> > > >
> > > > No, FUD is set in 2526, when the Chief was only 15.
> > >
> > > no, it is 2529.
> > >
> > >
> > > at 0:08 is the proof you need.
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rPEXGuqzM&feature=BFa&list=SPAE1F854F00D8E6AC
> >
> > Yes, Lasky is part of the class of 2529, as in he graduates from the Academy in 2529. The series itself is set at the end of his Freshmen year, 2526. Read this. It’s a ways down, but it confirms the series is set in 2526.
>
> It says he is a Freshmen in the video.

I know. Class of 2529, as in the year they graduate, not the year they start. The series begins at the end of Lasky’s freshmen year, which would be 2526.

> just making note of how the chief is probably not much older than the recruits in FuD, yet stands head and shoulders over them and is fully developed (physically, including his voice breaking completely, hence sounding like an adult).
>
> and that he has been involved in some of the most advanced military and black ops training ever devised for the last 8 or 9 years and has already got a covenant cruiser on his squads kill confirmed list.

A black ops agent at 7 years old…thats just BA.