120 fps on Xbox Series S for the release date?

As you all know, the multiplayer beta on xbox S series runs at 60 fps in performance mode, in past betas the refresh rate went to 120 fps on the same console, but drops in resolution less than 720p were reported. It has not been reported what the final refresh rate of the game will be in the Xbox series S version.

Will Halo Infinite have 120 fps in performance mode for the xbox Series S by the release date?

2 Likes

Fun fact, the Series S can run 4K at 60fps for Halo Infinite, have mine set to 4K UHD and i’m getting some pretty good frame rates as well as some amazing visuals.

2 Likes

So… how? Id love to pick up an S instead of fighting over an X but I do want that 120…

1 Like

As per the marketing page:

Up to 120FPS and 4K Ultra HD available on Xbox Series X consoles and compatible PCs only across supported maps and modes; compatible TV or monitor required.

1 Like

I would be over the moon if they brought back 120fps to series S.

I bought the series S specifically to play Halo at 120fps as well. Was not happy when I found out this beta didn’t support it.

2 Likes

Campaign’s going to look amazing no doubt but I don’t see how you’re playing multiplayer with that 60 FPS going up against 180 to 200 FPS with people on PC

I’ve seen you post multiple times the same thing. The game optimization on PC is complete -Yoink!-, assumimg people have 200fps is assuming every PC has a mega computer, which many dont. It sounds like you have an old gen console, you re getting your -Yoink!- kicked from next gen consoles too, fps can be set at 120

If you want that crisp 120fps, you have to set your series S to 1080 or 1440p that should be able to help. 4K is locked 60fps. Series X is much more powerful and can do 120fps at 4K, had to settle for the S because the X is like trying to find a needle in a haystack at the moment. But, i’m not disappointed in the Series S performance.

I’m on pc but i hope you guys on series s can get 120fps as well

1 Like

Why would MS offer one of the big selling points for the X on the much cheaper S?

I played 60fps 4K on my Series X and do fine against most players, 120fps or not. It doesn’t make that big a difference. 30fps is a disadvantage though no doubt.

the 120fps was one of the big selling points of the series S too

1 Like

At a lower resolution, yes.

1 Like