110% Resistance is a MUST in Zero Bloom/85% and here is why.

Positive effects of 110% resistance…

…It nerfs the magnum and the NR back to 5sk and 7sk, whithout affecting the DMR.
…It nerfs the grenades.
…It nerfs the sniper and the rockets.
…It nerfs the melees.
…It nerfs the shotty.
(I bet that most of you, at some point, have complain about X thing above beeing OverPowered)

Now tell me if this is a good change, and if you find any negative effects becasue of this change, I’d be glad to hear them. Because after playing many customs with this setting, I could only say good things about it.

Discuss

Yes, it does work, but so does increased movement speed and jump height…

or, take mlg’s route for zb mlg slayer.

remove magnum as secodary (what ive been saying since day 1)
and make nr 2 per map.

> Yes, it does work, but so does increased movement speed and jump height…

Of course.

Here’s a ZB classic gametype that uses all of the above.

One complaint, it is already difficult enough to get kills with the Plasma Repeater in default Reach. Let alone in 85% and 0% bloom gametypes.

> One complaint, it is already difficult enough to get kills with the Plasma Repeater in default Reach. Let alone in 85% and 0% bloom gametypes.

I know how hard it is to get kills with it; it doesn’t have hitscan or the insane amount of bullet magnetism that the AR does. But i’d be silly to leave out the many positive effect listed in the OP, becasue it nerfs (for a second time) the plasma repeater, don’t you think?

Plasma Rifle is amazing.

Leave the game as it is. With your “110% Resistance Rule” killtimes are longer, which always sucks in a Halo game.

How does it nerf the Sniper? Is it still 1 headshot, 2 body shots, or bodyshot+melee for the kill? Does one body shot still deshield?

> Leave the game as it is. With your “110% Resistance Rule” killtimes are longer, which always sucks in a Halo game.

It still makes weapons such as the DMR kill in the same time for head shots. But I believe it takes 8 body shots to kill someone, which is better since it emphasizes headshots more.

> > Leave the game as it is. With your “110% Resistance Rule” killtimes are longer, which always sucks in a Halo game.
>
> It still makes weapons such as the DMR kill in the same time for head shots. But I believe it takes 8 body shots to kill someone, which is better since it emphasizes headshots more.

That’s right.

Rabbit v5 respectfully: Fast deaths is exactly my complaint. I think ZB makes kills too fast, turning the game into a contest of “see first, shoot first = win”. I end up camping in a map corner so no one gets a one shot drop on me, because if they do, I am dead. My question is, how do you play when deaths are that fast? Do you run and gun? Do you work the map edges? etc. Please Fill me in because zb is kicking my -Yoink!-.

I like the 4 shot magnum. That + 85% bloom make the magnum feel reliable.

I would prefer 110% resistance and damage, that makes both the DMR and the Magnum 4 shot without impacting weapon damage in any other way. I don’t know why this works but it does.

Make both a 4 shot with bleedthrough and it suddenly feels much better. Remove strafe acceleration, increase movement speed (helps nerf grenades), decrease melee damage and decrease aim assist on precision weapons to perfect it.

110% damage resistance is only good when players deal 125% damage, and move/jump at 110% speed.

Reach needs a faster pace, and messing with bloom and throwing out the improved shield mechanics isn’t the right way of doing things.

> I would prefer 110% resistance and damage, that makes both the DMR and the Magnum 4 shot without impacting weapon damage in any other way. I don’t know why this works but it does.
>
> Make both a 4 shot with bleedthrough and it suddenly feels much better. Remove strafe acceleration, increase movement speed (helps nerf grenades), decrease melee damage and decrease aim assist on precision weapons to perfect it.

For this we would need another TU, and we just got one and we are testing it.

4 shot DMR and Pistol with their current fire rates kill too fast.

As for movement, 120% speed is a must for zero bloom, and 110% speed for 85% bloom.

> For this we would need another TU, and we just got one and we are testing it.
>
> 4 shot DMR and Pistol with their current fire rates kill too fast.
>
> As for movement, 120% speed is a must for zero bloom, and 110% speed for 85% bloom.

I’m not a programmer, but I doubt the changes I presented would be to hard to implement. I understand that title updates are expensive (Microsoft!!! D:<), but it would help better the game.

As for the Magnum and DMR having too fast killtimes as a 4 shot, I disagree. If anything, all other weapons have too long killtimes. Increase the rate of fire for all automatic weapons and suddenly the weapon balance is not so broken anymore.

Your movement speed suggestions I agree with, but movement acceleration must be at least reduced to the levels of Halo 3/2 to make strafing actually work.

> Positive effects of 110% resistance…
>
>
> …It nerfs the magnum and the NR back to 5sk and 7sk, whithout affecting the DMR.
> …It nerfs the grenades.
> …It nerfs the sniper and the rockets.
> …It nerfs the melees.
> …It nerfs the shotty.
> (I bet that most of you, at some point, have complain about X thing above beeing OverPowered)
>
> Now tell me if this is a good change, and if you find any negative effects becasue of this change, I’d be glad to hear them. Because after playing many customs with this setting, I could only say good things about it.
>
> Discuss

Nothing needs to be nerfed. If you have powerful utility weapons, you need powerful power weapons.

> > Positive effects of 110% resistance…
> >
> >
> > …It nerfs the magnum and the NR back to 5sk and 7sk, whithout affecting the DMR.
> > …It nerfs the grenades.
> > …It nerfs the sniper and the rockets.
> > …It nerfs the melees.
> > …It nerfs the shotty.
> > (I bet that most of you, at some point, have complain about X thing above beeing OverPowered)
> >
> > Now tell me if this is a good change, and if you find any negative effects becasue of this change, I’d be glad to hear them. Because after playing many customs with this setting, I could only say good things about it.
> >
> > Discuss
>
> Nothing needs to be nerfed. If you have powerful utility weapons, you need powerful power weapons.

Making OP things 10% weaker won’t make them UP.

> Making OP things 10% weaker won’t make them UP.

Maybe not, but every weapon aside from the DMR and power weapons will suffer.

> 110% damage resistance is only good when players deal 125% damage, and move/jump at 110% speed.
>
> Reach needs a faster pace, and messing with bloom and throwing out the improved shield mechanics isn’t the right way of doing things.