1 year anniversary memories

so it’s been a year already today halo wars 2 is one :point_up: year old so let’s reflect on our favorite memories on this amazing game . I remember when I got this game as I was skeptical till a first as I thought it would be more disappointing than halo 5’s launch but it improved more dispite being a different type of game I started to play halo wars 2 around March so I didn’t miss much and been here al the way since and man I meant as the old shield generator and atriox back in the day why did you leave meeee wwwhhhhhyyyyyyyyy but yeah

Ever since S4 there has been non-stop one game breaking exploit after another.
Edit: Actually there has always been something ridiculous op except for a week here and there but still…

Wanted to throw my disc on the wall whenever i lost to those cheaps <3

I got this game around the 300% forge “Situation” but after that it was rushing with command mantis, then after that it was back to Forge on top, then after that it was the cryotrooper rush, then the yap yap madness, then the Voridus mine rush, then the Voridus Goo, then the colony exploit, and now… well now, I struggle to come up with something game breaking now. Which shows that despite all that the games gone through I feel like 343 has finally found a good balance when it comes to this game. So good on 343, here’s to another year and beyond.

I remember those feelings that I just did something totally awesome after I finished the base campaign and just a couple of weeks ago completing Awakening the Nightmare. Also, Terminus Firefight is amazing.

I also remember having fun getting my -Yoink- kicked because my highest CSR is Platinum III.

> 2535460550943257;4:
> I remember those feelings that I just did something totally awesome after I finished the base campaign and just a couple of weeks ago completing Awakening the Nightmare. Also, Terminus Firefight is amazing.
>
> I also remember having fun getting my -Yoink- kicked because my highest CSR is Platinum III.

I’m also pretty causal the best rank I ever got was diamond but that season ended quickly so yeah I stuck with 3v3 and had to be in noob city quite literally I rarely got really good teammates it was still fun though

> 2535431243595189;3:
> I got this game around the 300% forge “Situation” but after that it was rushing with command mantis, then after that it was back to Forge on top, then after that it was the cryotrooper rush, then the yap yap madness, then the Voridus mine rush, then the Voridus Goo, then the colony exploit, and now… well now, I struggle to come up with something game breaking now. Which shows that despite all that the games gone through I feel like 343 has finally found a good balance when it comes to this game. So good on 343, here’s to another year and beyond.

I am very happy that the efforts we have put in are showing. To be honest, a lot of the fixes we have put in for balance have been community driven in nature. Everyone here has voiced the areas of concern, we have looked into them, and made changes based on a lot of feedback and data research.

It is the community that is also responsible for helping make the game better! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to help making Halo Wars 2 a better game!!!

Got to say I love this community it has been great cheers to a year of hw2 (which has been said a lot but still)

We have gone through quite a few balances, and I think the game is in the best spot it has been in. Sure there are some minor tweaks, but each time I sign in and play a game or two, they are generally very enjoyable as I have not really lost to ‘cheap OP tactics’ or ‘exploits’ in a while. When I do lose, it has been because the other team played better than mine, and that is how it should be. I appreciate what the Dev team has done to get to this point. It is still the game that keeps me coming back to Xbox.

My favorite game lately was a 1v1 where I was Cutter and facing a Decimus (on that map that is night time with the garrison-able structures in range of both starting bases, drawing a blank on the name). I had my opponent pinned back and had map control, but he was able to get a decent banshee force up and pushed me back to a single base (he went and attacked everything I had taken control of while my slower infantry force was on his side of the map). I couldn’t crack his main because of the shield and I was not at T3 yet. I finally held his banshees off with enough Combat Marines and 4 AA turrets at my main base while he focused on expansion and nodes. I only was able to expand out once I had kept about 8-10 wolves at my base and I attacked with 12 Combat marine groups. Was able to whittle away at his bases with Marines and Cutter drops and he wasn’t able to repel me because my Marines would wreck his banshees when he came into range. It was an interesting cat and mouse because he would retreat when he saw my forces and kept sniping my expos and minis. I finally split my forces between wolves back at base and marines/ODST on the offensive and was able to start securing added bases. When he tried to attack my slowly expanding map presence I was able to keep my wolverines around and repel him again while I started pressuring with marines. Took a while but I finally suffocated him and took his last base. Was my first time really wrecking a guy with the Deci Banshees solo when he had a ‘mass’ of them with a few healers and map control. Definitely was enjoyable. One of the reasons I play the game is for times like that.