1 week voice ban

Can anyone tell me why I just got a message saying something like “You have been banned from using voice for 1 week”? I don’t even have my headset plugged in right now.

You need to lawyer up, that’s a violation of your civil rights.

Unless you re outside the Us then I don’t know, but you should. God forgive them If I get a perma ban for something I say.

I, for one, welcome our new Feminist overlords.

I think it’s BS, I’m sitting on an xp ban, still not sure what I did to get it. This banning system needs a LOT of work.

You were banned for using voice for one week? What the Frak have you been saying to people online? Or are you one of those people who plays music too loud?

Read his post, he didn’t have a mic plugged in.

I was xp banned after a Regicide match I lost horribly lmao I think they don’t have their ducks in a row yet.

I received the same ban last night. Until my party went into a private game, we were in Xbox Live party chat. After some research, it looks like they only give out these bans for racist/sexist remarks. Apparently, 343i employees secretly monitor parties. I didn’t say anything that would make a ban necessary. I don’t care what the EULA says, this is borderline 1st amendment infringement. It is probably a bug, but if it isn’t, I would like to know what I said that 343i would consider racist or sexist. If anything, they need documentation with words they consider offensive.

A voice ban? That’s ridiculous. If someone is being offensive or acting inappropriately it should be the person offended that simply just mutes the player.

A voice ban is straight up preposterous.

If it’s anything like Reach was, if a certain # of players mute you, then you automatically get a voice ban. Typically I’m not a fan of this behavior as it tends to favor large groups of friends just griefing players by submitting negative feedback. There should be some sort of way to appeal the ban.

I’ll test this by saying a bunch of racist sexist stuff in party chat to see if they are secretly listening! o.o

> You need to lawyer up, that’s a violation of your civil rights.

No it isn’t. Although congress shall pass no laws infringing upon your right to free speech, your school can expel you, your boss can fire you and 343 can ban you for what you say.

> I received the same ban last night. Until my party went into a private game, we were in Xbox Live party chat. After some research, it looks like they only give out these bans for racist/sexist remarks. Apparently, 343i employees secretly monitor parties. I didn’t say anything that would make a ban necessary. I don’t care what the EULA says, this is borderline 1st amendment infringement. It is probably a bug, but if it isn’t, I would like to know what I said that 343i would consider racist or sexist. If anything, they need documentation with words they consider offensive.

Secret monitor parties? Is that even possible because if that is, isn’t that like invasion of privacy or something, because some people talk about private matters in parties…

Yeah but you are on XBL. You agree to their terms. I would not discuss anything that “private” on XBL if I were you.

Just saying…

Ever since Reach the administration has taken censorship into their own hands rather than the person being offended by the uncensored speech. I find it ridiculous that I can no longer decide what’s good and bad for me to hear and listen to.

For those saying that it “violates the first amendment”, unfortunately Microsoft can impose anything they want on anybody on their network due to the absurd Terms of Service. If most people actually read the Terms of Service before sending $60 for access to a network that gives you no free speech rights, or any rights for that matter, most people would think twice.

It’s unfortunate we live in a world like this, but unfortunately we do, and it’s only going to get worse, folks.

For those complaining about admendment breaches. Reach the xbl COC. And im pretty sure 343 has their own policies on this. And since it is monitored by microsoft, you signed the policy agreement which means you waived that right to play the game.

Legal stuff wont help you here

You have a Kinect? I just put in a surround sound… main speaker next to my Kinect Sensor. I logged in yesterday to learn i’d been voice banned for a week… pretty sure I was just the -Yoink- blasting my tv volume enough to get complained about a handfull of times =O… well fugggggg it… this game is so sick i don’t even care.

I got the same ban and I had a mic and was barely speaking.

And I was sober at the time!

I can understand why I was banned…what I can’t understand is why its been 10 days and it still says i’m banned. No game chat at all…and I haven’t used a mic since I was banned. Smh I hope this is fixed soon and its not permanent.