1 Week Voice Ban while using only Party Chat?

Spent most of yesterday afternoon/evening playing with two of my friends in MM. All three of us were in our own party chat the entire time, save for the first few moments of us joining each other in our first MM game lobby.

Fired it up this morning to find a message saying I have been banned from using voice communications for one week. Used the link provided ( http://www.halo4.com/ban ) and was directed to the XBOX website’s Halo 4 promotional page. From there I found no information on the topic (aside from the general disclaimer about harassment/language), nor any way to obtain any information on how one gets banned in the first place. Really?

Now I’m not an idiot. I know you can get banned for using hateful or vulgar language, harassing etc., but I was only communicating with the other two in my party, and any vulgarities were directed at them and nobody else could hear and my friends wouldn’t care because they were giving it back just as strong.

Anyways, After spending the past few hours online, on this site and others, I still have no solid idea why I was banned, who reported me and for what specifically. I know my friends didn’t do something stupid like report me as a joke, because we learned from back in the Halo 2-3 days that these reports are taken semi seriously and ended up actually getting each other banned for periods of time. So I’m sure that possibility is out the window.

So what gives?

TL;DR

-Only use Party Chat
-Got a 1 week Voice Ban
-Can’t understand why I got banned when nobody else but my party could hear my voice
-Followed link provided which sent me nowhere
-Can’t find any info on the topic after searching on my own
-Wants to know WTH is up

Thanks

I’m guessing Halo 4 use same mute ban system as Reach, so even if you’re in a party chat or dont have any Mic on players can still klick that Mute button on you. So get enough mutes on your profile and you get a 1 week ban.

Wasn’t able to play much Reach, so I’m not familiar with this.

So my account can be affected by other people muting me even though they can’t hear me in the first place (ie; not for any actual reason for muting someone like them being annoying or vulgar)? Why would they mute someone they can’t hear and how does it make sense that I get a ban for being muted for being silent?

Does the guy who just mutes everybody by default because he just doesn’t want to listen to anyone know he’s screwing with peoples ability to communicate with their party?

This flaw needs to be addressed.

Sorry for the double post, but I just want to make something clear:

I’m not complaining or sulking about this ban. I’m simply trying to figure out what and why this happened so I can possibly avoid this in the future.

> Sorry for the double post, but I just want to make something clear:
>
> I’m not complaining or sulking about this ban. I’m simply trying to figure out what and why this happened so I can possibly avoid this in the future.

If it’s the same system as in Reach then you can’t avoid it when players will mute no matter what. What i find strange is why is there a mute option on a player when he/she is in a party chat or doesn’t even have their mic on.

Well in Reach you could hear other players through your speakers when in party chat (if you set the option) so people mute the enemy team. As well as MLG both teams mute eachother so they cannot hear the enemy callouts or give away their own position through proximity voice. I don’t believe H4 can hear the enemy team, so I’m sorry to say I cannot offer any information, but I’m rather sure you can contest the ban somewhere on these forums. Since banning is automated for the most part, they keep logs of ban reasons. As for where you go to do that, no clue. But it shouldn’t matter to you, since you play in party chat anyways.

As long as you can use the XBL Party Chat feature it shouldn’t matter

If enough people mute you in-game, then you get a mute ban specific to Halo 4. It doesn’t matter if you’re in Party Chat, if you were muted by a teammate or enemy (even though you almost never get to hear enemy players), or if you even have a microphone connected.

The system is designed so that players don’t have to spend two seconds – well, ten now, since the in-game scoreboard controls have been mangled – to mute undesirable players. Meanwhile, the system is prone to both accidental and malicious false-positives, and has kept countless innocent players out of voice chat.

I am absolutely baffled as to why the mute ban system didn’t die with Reach. At least now, it gives you a heads-up – Reach never told players when they were mute-banned.

> I’m rather sure you can contest the ban somewhere on these forums.

There is no appeals process that I am aware of.

Glad I didn’t bother buying a wireless headset for this game. Banning voice comms because randoms decide to mute you for no reason - awesome.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst135680_The-Official-Halo-4-Ban-Thread.aspx

This is the ban process that I was referring to. I don’t know if it’ll help, but that’s all I’ve got.

Thanks for the info David and thank you for the link Black Cat. I’ll check this out.

halo 3 cuando yo juge la campana individual no traian las voces incompletos podria ayudarme como tener las voces en full en mi halo 3 porfa

> 2535445251464670;12:
> halo 3 cuando yo juge la campana individual no traian las voces incompletos podria ayudarme como tener las voces en full en mi halo 3 porfa

Please don’t revive old topics thanks
<mark>Hi there. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.</mark>