1 vs 3 is unfair for a ranked match

Hello

I was put into a 1 vs 3 ranked Halo 3 slayer match which I obviously lost.

I went to quit when I realised I was by myself but a warning appeared saying it would affect my xbox reputation so I had to stay in the whole match.

I don’t think the matchmaking algorithms should be forming 1 vs 3 games so wanted to provide this feedback.

Thank you for reading.

No, it shouldn’t, but this is not intentional.
There has been an ongoing issue where people have been disconnecting from games before they starts. You most definitely did have 3 other players on your team, but they disconnected, leaving you to fight on your own.

Despite receiving that warning, you can safely quit without punishment if half your team has left. It should not harm your reputation.
Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

> 2533274978592987;2:
> No, it shouldn’t, but this is not intentional.
> There has been an ongoing issue where people have been disconnecting from games before they starts. You most definitely did have 3 other players on your team, but they disconnected, leaving you to fight on your own.
>
> Despite receiving that warning, you can safely quit without punishment if half your team has left. It should not harm your reputation.
> Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

If the other 3 players did not load in, you CAN NOT quit without punisment. You can only quit banfree if half of the players on your team that loaded in quit, since he was the only one loaded in, he can’t quit without getting a ban.

> 2533274978592987;2:
> No, it shouldn’t, but this is not intentional.
> There has been an ongoing issue where people have been disconnecting from games before they starts. You most definitely did have 3 other players on your team, but they disconnected, leaving you to fight on your own.
>
> Despite receiving that warning, you can safely quit without punishment if half your team has left. It should not harm your reputation.
> Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Sorry, but that’s not how it works if players disconnect before the game officially starts (that is, the player’s name completely disappears, and isn’t just grayed out). When this happens, the game treats it as if those players were never a part of the round to begin with, so the players that DO stay in, whether it’s three players, two, or even one, are treated as if they’re the entire team. So if it’s two players in 4v4 for example, the only way you can quit without punishment is if the other teammate quits before you, because that’s considered half of the team, not the two other teammates who disconnected before the start, because the game basically says “What two other teammates?”

If you aren’t a regular quitter a quit here and there isn’t to bad. It’s a very short ban and Xbox reputation doesn’t mean anything so don’t worry about it. Sadly MCC isn’t the most stable game so sometimes it can be unfair but as long as you complete the majority of your matches a few quits/disconnects won’t hurt to bad.

> 2533274809046202;3:
> > 2533274978592987;2:
> > No, it shouldn’t, but this is not intentional.
> > There has been an ongoing issue where people have been disconnecting from games before they starts. You most definitely did have 3 other players on your team, but they disconnected, leaving you to fight on your own.
> >
> > Despite receiving that warning, you can safely quit without punishment if half your team has left. It should not harm your reputation.
> > Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
>
> If the other 3 players did not load in, you CAN NOT quit without punisment. You can only quit banfree if half of the players on your team that loaded in quit, since he was the only one loaded in, he can’t quit without getting a ban.

Yes, that is what I thought after reading about the automated ban tool on here the other day.

When I held the button that makes the team scores appear there were no other names on my team at all (not even grayed out) so I’m pretty sure if I did quit I would have been banned.

Yeah, the bansystem has problems. Earlier this weekend i got a ban because the game didn’t load me into a firefight game… Even though you can quit banfree from firefight. For firefight it is realy frustrating you get banned if you ‘quit’ if its not your fault, but you don’t get banned if you purposely quit. Same for 1v1 matches.

They should realy fix that and then also fix the problem you encountered. The game should look at how many people were supposed to be in your team, not how many loaded in.

> 2533274809046202;7:
> Yeah, the bansystem has problems. Earlier this weekend i got a ban because the game didn’t load me into a firefight game… Even though you can quit banfree from firefight. For firefight it is realy frustrating you get banned if you ‘quit’ if its not your fault, but you don’t get banned if you purposely quit. Same for 1v1 matches.
>
> They should realy fix that and then also fix the problem you encountered. The game should look at how many people were supposed to be in your team, not how many loaded in.

The last point is a nice and simple solution. The ban system and the conditions under which players can quit are both something 343i created for MCC. So, it’s reasonable to suggest they can change some values here and there to allow players to quit when teammates don’t load in. Perhaps this is an improvement 343i will make in the coming months.

Sounds like you got yoinked over by that darn halo 3 skins glitch. I finally went in and turned off the new content for halo 3 and guess what, I don’t get kicked from halo 3 games anymore. Had a game of big team purge from 8v8 down to 7v3. They really need to fix that issue, especially if they wanna keep making more content for it. Sorry this happened to you mang, gettin outnumbered is always rough. Mad respect for sticking the match out though.

I have been matched into 5 games in a row, lost every one of them and been the top player on my team, I am. rank 22 and one game I was matched with rank 12s and 14s as my teammates. it is beyond frustrating to be thrown into unwinnable situations and incentivizes you to quit, I mean, what am I supposed to do when my teammates are shooting each other? I really think we need to rethink the quitban system.

> I have been matched into 5 games in a row, lost every one of them and been the top player on my team, I am. rank 22 and one game I was matched with rank 12s and 14s as my teammates. it is beyond frustrating to be thrown into unwinnable situations and incentivizes you to quit, I mean, what am I supposed to do when my teammates are shooting each other? I really think we need to rethink the quitban system.

I’d say the quit/ban system isn’t at fault there. Don’t get me wrong, it is infuriating, but its more of a symptom of having unbalanced teams rather than the cause.