1 thing I didn't like about campaign

The over hyped mammoth, All we do is sit in it as it rolls along in a set path for 1 mission!!! then the cool looking target locator. Gonna call in for some orbital bombing? http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/010/c/b/nope_by_diznot-d36uvon.jpg

Just point at a singular non moving target… -.-

That’s a fair point - it would’ve been nice to have been able to either drive the Mammoth, or use the giant turret on the top of it.

Let’s not forget the arbitrarily deadly water in the same mission. A lot of missed opportunities in the Campaign to be honest.

> Let’s not forget the arbitrarily deadly water in the same mission. A lot of missed opportunities in the Campaign to be honest.

dat water man, even the didact would lose haha

Only the Mammoth?

How about the Pelican part? Stay out of range firing the laser on the few Phantoms, then fly off to the next little area where there are more Phantoms. Four seated Pelican and only the driver essentially gets to do stuff.

Or, the last part in the Mammoth mission where you drive a scorpion for 1 minute?

Or, the second mission where you get a Warthog, and get to drive it through some debris until you encounter enemies. Co-op it’s kind of fun but alone it’s a waste.

Or, how you can’t take the Gauss Hog past the deadly water. Me and my nephews managed to somehow get the warthog inside the Mammoth so it was safe from the deadly water. Well it blew up in a small fiery explosion as soon as we got over it. Didn’t bother to try to get it over after that.

There were plenty of things in the campaign that were predictable, not thought through properly and just pointless.

> dat water man, even the didact would lose haha

Hey…that water was A LOT deeper than it looked ok?

> > dat water man, even the didact would lose haha
>
> Hey…that water was A LOT deeper than it looked ok?

Wonder how many players died in the water on their first run through the campaign.

I didn’t even react that there was water there before I died. Love me some warthog campaign driving.

> Only the Mammoth?
>
> How about the Pelican part? Stay out of range firing the laser on the few Phantoms, then fly off to the next little area where there are more Phantoms. Four seated Pelican and only the driver essentially gets to do stuff.
>
> Or, the last part in the Mammoth mission where you drive a scorpion for 1 minute?
>
> Or, the second mission where you get a Warthog, and get to drive it through some debris until you encounter enemies. Co-op it’s kind of fun but alone it’s a waste.
>
> Or, how you can’t take the Gauss Hog past the deadly water. Me and my nephews managed to somehow get the warthog inside the Mammoth so it was safe from the deadly water. Well it blew up in a small fiery explosion as soon as we got over it. Didn’t bother to try to get it over after that.
>
> There were plenty of things in the campaign that were predictable, not thought through properly and just pointless.

On the pelican, the second player got to use a scorpion tank gun. I’ll admit scopion on the mammoth mission is pretty bad.

> On the pelican, the second player got to use a scorpion tank gun. I’ll admit scopion on the mammoth mission is pretty bad.

It’s quite useless though, as the main pelican laser, in combination with the chaingun destroys a phantom faster than the scorpion turret.

The scorpion turret is also locked down on how low it can aim, I found that it’s lowest “setting” isn’t enough for targets straight ahead. Don’t recall the turn speed or reload speed.

However, would there have been a chase scenario the turret would most likely have been quite useful, and the two side turrets would have been excellent against banshees, especially from the sides.

But, we’re stuck with two areas in which only phantoms are, some 5 - 7, can’t remember, and those areas are 3 km apart. And it’s an open area. Would’ve been different if it had been tight “streets” with forerunner pillars all around that you’d have to fly through with phantoms turning up chasing you, watchers emerging from the sides of the buildings and banshees whooping down on you. To give the other players some action.

I get the feeling the pelican section is like a last minute essay from a high schooler.

> > dat water man, even the didact would lose haha
>
> Hey…that water was A LOT deeper than it looked ok?

Water is OP. Where’s that title update?(!)

that whole mission was terribly boring for me. i was hoping the mammoth would be cooler too :frowning: