1 player local beta......?

I can’t be the only one that has awesome 4 player split screen games with my friends. As far as I know, halo is the only game where u can take 4 people from one console online. Me and friends were planning to play 4 player split screen once the beta comes, but now 343 has ruined it again. 343 plz stop copying other games.

Where was it confirmed that Halo 5 isn’t local? Just curious, I haven’t seen it yet.

Besides, it has nothing to do with copying other games. Going into splitscreen causes major frame rate drops and becomes problematic with bigger and more ambitious games.

> 2533274907934539;2:
> Where was it confirmed that Halo 5 isn’t local? Just curious, I haven’t seen it yet.
>
> Besides, it has nothing to do with copying other games. Going into splitscreen causes major frame rate drops and becomes problematic with bigger and more ambitious games.

I saw it on halofollower(a youtuber)
most of the big fps fames these days have 1 player only options(destiny, titanfall,etc). Since we could have 4 player split screen on last gen and last-last gen, we should also have it on this gen.

> 2533274977797582;3:
> > 2533274907934539;2:
> > Where was it confirmed that Halo 5 isn’t local? Just curious, I haven’t seen it yet.
> >
> > Besides, it has nothing to do with copying other games. Going into splitscreen causes major frame rate drops and becomes problematic with bigger and more ambitious games.
>
>
> I saw it on halofollower(a youtuber)
> most of the big fps fames these days have 1 player only options(destiny, titanfall,etc). Since we could have 4 player split screen on last gen and last-last gen, we should also have it on this gen.

I wouldn’t exactly consider a youtube video itself as confirmation. Can you find his source?

You don’t quite understand. Older consoles and the older games could support splitscreen. The games weren’t as taxing, the framerate drops weren’t quite as devastating, and the scope and scale of the games didn’t present major issues. Current consoles and games are different. Framerate drops are certainly more noticeable. Games are bigger, and it becomes increasingly difficult to render splitscreen. The consoles are better, but the games are very quickly filling the gaps and using that better tech to the fullest.

Beta not featuring split screen doesnt mean the final game won’t feature it too, I think 343 wants to beta test the online part of the game for balancing purposes and not the offline part, it seems only logical in this case to let people play with bots offline or play online with other people as it’s the best way to beta test all this in the way they want, a beta isn’t a demo of a pre-version here for your entertainment, it’s here to improve the game and you to take effort in this process, not featuring split screen is fair if they think it doesnt need testing…

> 2535442744975586;5:
> Beta not featuring split screen doesnt mean the final game won’t feature it too, I think 343 wants to beta test the online part of the game for balancing purposes and not the offline part, it seems only logical in this case to let peoplep lay with bots offline or play online with other people as it’s the best way to beta test all this in the way they want, a beta isn’t a demo of a pre-version here for your entertainment, it’s here to improve the game and you to take effort in this process, not featuring split screen is fair if they think it doesnt need testing…

Thanks for the info I was just scared that it wouldn’t be in the final build.

> 2533274907934539;4:
> > 2533274977797582;3:
> > > 2533274907934539;2:
> > > Where was it confirmed that Halo 5 isn’t local? Just curious, I haven’t seen it yet.
> > >
> > > Besides, it has nothing to do with copying other games. Going into splitscreen causes major frame rate drops and becomes problematic with bigger and more ambitious games.
> >
> >
> >
> > I saw it on halofollower(a youtuber)
> > most of the big fps fames these days have 1 player only options(destiny, titanfall,etc). Since we could have 4 player split screen on last gen and last-last gen, we should also have it on this gen.
>
>
> I wouldn’t exactly consider a youtube video itself as confirmation. Can you find his source?
>
> You don’t quite understand. Older consoles and the older games could support splitscreen. The games weren’t as taxing, the framerate drops weren’t quite as devastating, and the scope and scale of the games didn’t present major issues. Current consoles and games are different. Framerate drops are certainly more noticeable. Games are bigger, and it becomes increasingly difficult to render splitscreen. The consoles are better, but the games are very quickly filling the gaps and using that better tech to the fullest.

I believe that the beta is on the xbox store. Next to the picture it says that it supports 1 player local

I am sure 343i will be heavily focused on working on and improving the online aspects of the beta, especially after the horrible MCC launch - They will want to rectify the MCC launch with a near flawless H5G launch.

Don’t watch halo follower, he doe runs off speculation and other people’s theories.

> 2533274964189700;9:
> Don’t watch halo follower, he doe runs off speculation and other people’s theories.

^^^This!!

> 2533274977797582;3:
> > 2533274907934539;2:
> > Where was it confirmed that Halo 5 isn’t local? Just curious, I haven’t seen it yet.
> >
> > Besides, it has nothing to do with copying other games. Going into splitscreen causes major frame rate drops and becomes problematic with bigger and more ambitious games.
>
>
> I saw it on halofollower(a youtuber)
> most of the big fps fames these days have 1 player only options(destiny, titanfall,etc). Since we could have 4 player split screen on last gen and last-last gen, we should also have it on this gen.

Lots of the info in that shot was place holder. Like the release date 4/12/14 instead of 29/12/14.

> 2533274907934539;4:
> > 2533274977797582;3:
> > > Where was it confirmed that Halo 5 isn’t local? Just curious, I haven’t seen it yet.
> > >
> > > Besides, it has nothing to do with copying other games. Going into splitscreen causes major frame rate drops and becomes problematic with bigger and more ambitious games.
> >
> >
> >
> > most of the big fps fames these days have 1 player only options(destiny, titanfall,etc). Since we could have 4 player split screen on last gen and last-last gen, we should also have it on this gen.
>
>
> I wouldn’t exactly consider a youtube video itself as confirmation. Can you find his source?
>
> You don’t quite understand. Older consoles and the older games could support splitscreen. The games weren’t as taxing, the framerate drops weren’t quite as devastating, and the scope and scale of the games didn’t present major issues. Current consoles and games are different. Framerate drops are certainly more noticeable. Games are bigger, and it becomes increasingly difficult to render splitscreen. The consoles are better, but the games are very quickly filling the gaps and using that better tech to the fullest.

This is a problem I find frustrating, online multiplayer should keep a simplistic sandbox approach to allow for maximum capabilities, instead the choke it up with too much of the pretty décor and textures.

> 2533274823890156;10:
> > 2533274964189700;9:
> > Don’t watch halo follower, he doe runs off speculation and other people’s theories.
>
>
> ^^^This!!

He speculates from speculation.

That would be too messed up to even think about it. If 343i wasn’t implementing split screen this early in development cycle, it would mean that even if they added split screen later, it would be as broken as it’s in Halo 2 Anniversary (online is barely- to not-playable).

BTW Saying that next gen games are too complex for split screen etc. is 100% nonsense. Yes, there are frame rate drops because developers don’t polish this feature enough. There could and should be funtional split screen implemented in any and every online/coop oriented fps and only reason why developers aren’t implementing it, is becase they think it’s not that important. Thing that separates successful CoD or Borderlands from overhyped (and less successful) Titanfall or Destiny is the fact, that you can play it with your family and closest friends. That’s why couch gaming will not vanish - more likely games that are forcing you to play with some random online people, but doesn’t let you play with household members.

I hope not. Me and my missus play halo together. If this is the way gaming is going how are we to play games together.

I would like to think on a new console they’d find a way to make splitscreen work, especially considering all of the additional processing power at hand

I think I heard that with past games on the 360 you could keep playing the Betas as long as you didn’t connect to Xbox live after the Beta ended. Is this possible on the Xbox One?

If the beta doesn’t support splitscreen, I’m going to be REALLY -Yoinking!- PISSED.

> 2533274824175624;13:
> > 2533274823890156;10:
> > > 2533274964189700;9:
> > > Don’t watch halo follower, he doe runs off speculation and other people’s theories.
> >
> >
> >
> > ^^^This!!
>
>
> He speculates from speculation.

lol, true

> 2533274907934539;4:
> > 2533274977797582;3:
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>

JSA343, the next gen consoles are at least 10 times more powerful the the previous gen consoles. The Xbox One can handle it with no problems, provided that the engine is efficient. Split screen isn’t that stressful on the console at the end of the day.