1 Huge Problem With Halo 3 Classic Throwback

Why does a playlist called Halo 3 Throwback use Halo 5’s horrible battle rifle when a thing such as the Halo 2 BR exists…?

Seems like this is common sense…no…?!

Pretty irritating, considering how much better the playlist could be. It’s no secret how garbage the halo 5 battle rifle is and universally hated by everyone, yet it gets put into a throwback playlist instead of the “halo 2” battle rifle which is the same from halo 3.

The reticle is crap, the sound is crap, the hit registration is crap. Would be such an awesome playlist if it had the correct BR, like in the mythic playlist. Seems like a no brainer to me…

Also could use a bigger radar range, and a couple other improvements. But I honestly wish this playlist was permanent. So much more fun than Slayer or Arena with the stupid advanced movement mechanics and overpowered magnum.

> 2533274826593125;1:
> Why does a playlist called Halo 3 Throwback use Halo 5’s horrible battle rifle when a thing such as the Halo 2 BR exists in the game…?
>
> Seems like this is common sense…no…?
>
> Pretty irritating, considering how that literally ruins the playlist. It’s no secret how garbage the halo 5 battle rifle is and universally hated by everyone, yet it gets put into a throwback playlist instead of the “halo 2” battle rifle that also existed in halo 3. The reticle is crap, the sound is crap, the hit registration is crap. Would be such an awesome playlist if it had the correct BR, like in the mythic playlist. Seems like a no brainer to me…

haha i was thinking the same thing homie. I do not understand this either.

Getting nadespammed constantly without thruster evade or sprint just makes me stay very far away from those gamemodes.

Yep, that BR (and all the other tuned loadout weapons) is the sole reason I stopped playing H3 Throwback (and other fun modes). What used to be a playlist to look forward to and play exclusively without giving another thought to stuff like BTB turned into “meh.” Good thing MCC exists and has a good sandbox for all its games.

I know that in halo 3 we couldn’t run but they made the movement way way to slow

Things they need to fix: Movement speed, not sure exactly what its at percent wise, but seems a tad slow. Seems like it needs to be increased 5-10%

Radar Range: Radar feels the exact same as it does in regular h5 matches…which is confirmed to be (i believe) either 16 or 18 meters down from the original 30? WAY TO SHORT. Was playing today on Construct, was on the top floor, halfway between the gold and purple lift, and had a dude sneak up on me from the gold lift from behind while not showing on my radar until he was in lunge range with his sword, killing me. WTF

Halo 2 BR: this is a no brainer…who’s bright idea was it not to have it in this game mode?

> 2535415086643843;3:
> Getting nadespammed constantly without thruster evade or sprint just makes me stay very far away from those gamemodes.

I mean that’s why it’s called a Throwback playlist for a reason, you rely on your movement

> 2535428779736382;7:
> > 2535415086643843;3:
> > Getting nadespammed constantly without thruster evade or sprint just makes me stay very far away from those gamemodes.
>
> I mean that’s why it’s called a Throwback playlist for a reason, you rely on your movement

Yeah, there’s a difference between a throwback playlist that’s true to the game, and a throwback playlist where they take slices of H3 and then just slap it into Halo 5.
Which creates massive gameplay issues such as nadespam being almost unavoidable. I dunno. Even if it’s really balanced it’s just a borng gamemode to play, mostly because we get the H5 BR and that thing blows.

> 2535415086643843;8:
> > 2535428779736382;7:
> > > 2535415086643843;3:
> > > Getting nadespammed constantly without thruster evade or sprint just makes me stay very far away from those gamemodes.
> >
> > I mean that’s why it’s called a Throwback playlist for a reason, you rely on your movement
>
> Yeah, there’s a difference between a throwback playlist that’s true to the game, and a throwback playlist where they take slices of H3 and then just slap it into Halo 5.
> Which creates massive gameplay issues such as nadespam being almost unavoidable. I dunno. Even if it’s really balanced it’s just a borng gamemode to play, mostly because we get the H5 BR and that thing blows.

What do u mean with the nade-spam? thats just a halo 5 thing in general, has nothing to do with this particular playlist. Ever since they made grenades always take out half ur shields. As far as not being able to turn around and sprint away? Yeah, thats why I think this playlist is 10x funner than any other halo 5 playlist. NOT having spartan abilities and ‘advanced movement mechanics’ definitely separates the boys from the men, and truly takes skill to have success in this playlist and not rely on some kind of movement mechanic to bail you out of a situation. Makes you focus more on the basics and fundamentals, like strafing and using your instinct and radar to not be in situations where you repeatedly get nade-spammed, rather than just being able to turn around and run away or boost to safety. That crap is what ruined halo 5 for so many people.

if 343 were to sort of combine the mythic and halo 3 playlist into one PERMANENT ranked playlist, and improve a couple things, it could have the highest population count out of all the playlists. The gameplay is so dope. I haven’t had this much fun playing halo since probably 2011/2012. Just needs some improvements. ALL halo CE, halo 2 and halo 3 forge maps, classic movement, either halo 2 BR or assault rifle/CE magnum starts (depending on the map), and just call the playlist ‘Classic’.

> 2535415086643843;3:
> Getting nadespammed constantly without thruster evade or sprint just makes me stay very far away from those gamemodes.

The nade radius splash damage has to be modified to accommodate no thrusters imo. It made it pretty annoying. You still have to play smarter and more position orientated in that playlist if you want to do better though.

the H2BR is the B2BR… the H5BR is more similar to the h3s bc of the spread, and the H2BR would laser everything in that playlist

IIRC, they actually alter how the H5 BR works in the H3 throwback playlist to make it more authentic. It doesn’t function exactly like the BR normally does in other H5 game modes. Also, the H2 BR is way too good in H5. It has bullet magnetism, after all. That would be even farther from the OG H3 gameplay.

My problem with the Halo 3 throwback is how competitive it is. Its like people are trying to relive their glory days in halo 3 through a worse game. Just a few days ago I was playing team oddball in this playlist and I couldn’t do anything. The enemy team was so competitive to the point that they won in about 5 minutes, all the while farming my team for kills. We maybe got 5 points from the oddball.

> 2535450455431532;13:
> My problem with the Halo 3 throwback is how competitive it is. Its like people are trying to relive their glory days in halo 3 through a worse game. Just a few days ago I was playing team oddball in this playlist and I couldn’t do anything. The enemy team was so competitive to the point that they won in about 5 minutes, all the while farming my team for kills. We maybe got 5 points from the oddball.

I would say the exact opposite in my experience. Every single halo 5 playlist, including quickplay, besides maybe fiesta, is a magnum sauna-sweat-fest. That was one of my points is how the competitiveness truly takes skill in this playlist because of the lack of advanced mobilities so many rely on for normal halo 5 game modes.

Can’t speak for you, but I am assuming you feel that way either based off a couple matches where you had mega-tryhards, or that your not used to the gameplay of the playlist, making it seem like its too competitive because you aren’t getting the dubs. Not sure, but since I have been playing it I haven’t experienced that. Maybe one or two matches to be honest, and I have been playing it all weekend. It reminded me of social slayer on halo 3. Very laid back but still being fun and competitive

> 2533274843634673;12:
> IIRC, they actually alter how the H5 BR works in the H3 throwback playlist to make it more authentic. It doesn’t function exactly like the BR normally does in other H5 game modes. Also, the H2 BR is way too good in H5. It has bullet magnetism, after all. That would be even farther from the OG H3 gameplay.

Halo 2 BR is how the BR should have always been in Halo 5. Actually plays like a BR thats probably why you think its too good.

Wanna talk about a weapon being too good, the stupid magnum takes the cake. In what world should a magnum ever be able to outplay a BR or DMR?

The H5 BR plays way closer to the H3 BR than the H2 BR. (Yay acronyms!)

The H5 BR with the classic scope would get closest to H3.

> 2533274826593125;1:
> Why does a playlist called Halo 3 Throwback use Halo 5’s horrible battle rifle when a thing such as the Halo 2 BR exists…?
>
> Seems like this is common sense…no…?!
>
> Pretty irritating, considering how much better the playlist could be. It’s no secret how garbage the halo 5 battle rifle is and universally hated by everyone, yet it gets put into a throwback playlist instead of the “halo 2” battle rifle which is the same from halo 3.
>
> The reticle is crap, the sound is crap, the hit registration is crap. Would be such an awesome playlist if it had the correct BR, like in the mythic playlist. Seems like a no brainer to me…
>
> Also could use a bigger radar range, and a couple other improvements. But I honestly wish this playlist was permanent. So much more fun than Slayer or Arena with the stupid advanced movement mechanics and overpowered magnum.

The look is crap, the aim is ok, considering it is recon

> 2533274826593125;15:
> > 2533274843634673;12:
> > IIRC, they actually alter how the H5 BR works in the H3 throwback playlist to make it more authentic. It doesn’t function exactly like the BR normally does in other H5 game modes. Also, the H2 BR is way too good in H5. It has bullet magnetism, after all. That would be even farther from the OG H3 gameplay.
>
> Halo 2 BR is how the BR should have always been in Halo 5. Actually plays like a BR thats probably why you think its too good.
>
> Wanna talk about a weapon being too good, the stupid magnum takes the cake. In what world should a magnum ever be able to outplay a BR or DMR?

In 343s magical fantasy land. Where ugly reticles and fake campaign come to life!

maps are bit to small

The narrows map is a lot of fun on this playlist and the only reason I endure all of the -Yoinking!- quitters. Wish they would bring a modified version of this map from forge over to the regular playlist updated for h5 movement