1 Flag Infection

We were introduced with objective modes in Infection with Safe Havens, which as we know failed. I would like to propose 1 Flag Infection which I reckon could actually work.

Humans would have to capture the flag x times in a round to win.
If all the humans die the zombies win.
If the timer expires the zombies win.

When a flag is captured all the remaining humans will score a point. Zombies will score points for infecting the humans as normal.

Discuss.

Topic in Optimatch forum

Proposed scoring system

10 points for flag capture for all remaining humans.
1 point per kill for humans.
3 point per kill for humans that kill a zombie within 20 meters of the flag carrier.
5 points per kill for zombies.

> We were introduced with objective modes in Infection with Safe Havens, which as we know failed. I would like to propose 1 Flag Infection which I reckon could actually work.
>
> Humans would have to capture the flag x times in a round to win.
> If all the humans die the zombies win.
> If the timer expires the zombies win.
>
> When a flag is captured all the remaining humans will score a point. Zombies will score points for infecting the humans as normal.
>
> Discuss.
>
> Topic in Optimatch forum

this idea has to be, straight up, one of the COOLEST ideas for infection games that i have EVER read.

bravo dude.

as far as scoring for this gametype goes, it should be like…

1 point for a kill as zombie.
1 point for a kill as human.
10 points for each remaining human when the flag is captured.

there has to be a MASSIVE point gain to make people want to actually cap a flag, instead of just staying alive and gaining the same number of points yanno?

i can see this being an EPIC fun gametype, i hope to play it someday :smiley:

It would be awesome if you could mix in Multiple gametypes with infection.

A good suggestion would be to make Infection like Invasion, where you can capture the reactor, plant a bomb, and secure an area all in one gametype.

I liek the idea

It sounds pretty cool, but the only problem I can see with this though is that the zombies might camp at the flag the entire time. Might not be a major problem if they are easy to kill (1 headshot or 1 shotgun shot close range), but still.

What about humans sitting back just killing zombies waiting for the other humans to move/score the flag ?

> What about humans sitting back just killing zombies waiting for the other humans to move/score the flag ?

high point value incentive, and / or, moving ‘soft kill barriers’ solve this problem.

@GTnotincluded
That is kind of the point. The zombies are already easy to kill (10-15 meters for shotgun, any range with a headshot for pistol).

@BakingNoobcakes

What you say maybe true and may happen. However, look at it this way. The more humans that go for the flag, the higher the chances of getting the flag, which in turn leads to more flag captures. The more flag captures the more points, the more points the higher the chances are of winning.

Maybe different scoring could be used from what I originally proposed.

10 points for flag capture for all remaining humans.
1 point per kill for humans.
3 point per kill for humans that kill a zombie within 20 meters of the flag carrier.
5 points per kill for zombies.

Last man can use their weapon while carrying the flag.

If we get the incentives right people sitting at the back not helping shouldn’t be a problem as they will definitely LOSE.