1 banshee bomb..... really?

Driving an oni warthog.

We haven’t taken any damage yet.
A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…

The warthog isn’t even smoking.

Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?

That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.

This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.

Yeah, I’m not keen on vehicle passengers being so exposed. It’s one (dumb) thing to worry about an AoE attack like a banshee bomb easily clearing out an entire Warthog, it’s another thing all together when a guy with a BR can take you out on his own. It makes the vehicle feel worthless.

I’m surprised at this. I would have thought it would take more firepower to kill the driver. Though I wonder why the driver doesn’t receive a piece of extra cover like a energy shield when driving.

Bullet magnetism used to make shots hit the vehicle alot more often.

Vehicle users need more damage resistance to bring that endurance back.

Vehicles used to be fun to use…
Now you just a target that a loadout weapon can kill.

> 2533274983213185;1:
> Driving an oni warthog.
>
> We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
>
> The warthog isn’t even smoking.
>
> Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
>
> That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
>
> This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.

Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?

Only hitting from the top in between the driver and gunner can a single Banshee bomb take you both out. Any other angle and the banshee can’t do that.

Well I have had a few times where I would hit a warthog with a rocket and not kill anyone. Maybe there are just some sweet spots for them that if you hit just right will decide whether it is a kill or not

> 2533274983213185;1:
> Driving an oni warthog.
>
> We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
>
> The warthog isn’t even smoking.
>
> Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
>
> That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
>
> This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.

To be quite honest with you, I believe the entire way vehicles function in Halo needs to be changed due to sprint. My tundra scorpion can be taken down by one man that happens to have camo on or sprints faster than my tank can move. I haven’t even mentioned speed boosts, advanced censors, etc. Vehicles are so vulnerable in Halo, especially land vehicles. I’m not sure how they could become stronger, but I feel like something has to change.

> 2533274953062698;5:
> > 2533274983213185;1:
> > Driving an oni warthog.
> >
> > We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> > A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
> >
> > The warthog isn’t even smoking.
> >
> > Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
> >
> > That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> > Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
> >
> > This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.
>
> Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?

That shouldn’t matter. Back in CE-Reach you didn’t need cheap gimmicks like armor mods to survive in a game.

> 2533274837720524;9:
> > 2533274953062698;5:
> > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > Driving an oni warthog.
> > >
> > > We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> > > A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
> > >
> > > The warthog isn’t even smoking.
> > >
> > > Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
> > >
> > > That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> > > Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
> > >
> > > This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.
> >
> > Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?
>
> That shouldn’t matter. Back in CE-Reach you didn’t need cheap gimmicks like armor mods to survive in a game.

Yeah I know I’m asking to know if he did.
Also FORGE PLAY its possible the bomb might have directly hit you since that’s happen to me before or the guy was using a damage boost.

> 2533274837720524;9:
> > 2533274953062698;5:
> > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > Driving an oni warthog.
> > >
> > > We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> > > A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
> > >
> > > The warthog isn’t even smoking.
> > >
> > > Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
> > >
> > > That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> > > Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
> > >
> > > This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.
> >
> > Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?
>
> That shouldn’t matter. Back in CE-Reach you didn’t need cheap gimmicks like armor mods to survive in a game.

How the hell are armor mods a gimmick? You’re not using the word right at all, a gimmick is something that’s meant to attract attention. I remember a lot people didn’t even know armor mods were in the game until Halo 5 released XD

Also, it’s only from a certain angle that a direct hit will kill the driver and passenger and… didn’t the older Halo games do the same thing with warthogs and banshee bombs? Basic warthogs weren’t exactly Banshee killers in the old games… quite the opposite.

> 2533274849069111;2:
> Yeah, I’m not keen on vehicle passengers being so exposed. It’s one (dumb) thing to worry about an AoE attack like a banshee bomb easily clearing out an entire Warthog, it’s another thing all together when a guy with a BR can take you out on his own. It makes the vehicle feel worthless.

Your So Right! Like omg

I have stuck warthogs twice in quick succession and not even caught it on fire or killed ANY occupants…I remember when 1 stick is all it took.

Isn’t it obvious?? He was using damage boosts.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535448178577576;14:
> Isn’t it obvious?? He was using damage boosts.

That would be feasible, if only damage boosts applied to the vehicles that a spartan was using. Unfortunately, damage/speed boosts as well as overshields and active camos only apply to the spartan him/herself, and the immediate weapon (s)he is using.

> 2533274883849234;11:
> > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > 2533274953062698;5:
> > > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > > Driving an oni warthog.
> > > >
> > > > We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> > > > A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
> > > >
> > > > The warthog isn’t even smoking.
> > > >
> > > > Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
> > > >
> > > > That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> > > > Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
> > > >
> > > > This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.
> > >
> > > Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?
> >
> > That shouldn’t matter. Back in CE-Reach you didn’t need cheap gimmicks like armor mods to survive in a game.
>
> How the hell are armor mods a gimmick? You’re not using the word right at all, a gimmick is something that’s meant to attract attention. I remember a lot people didn’t even know armor mods were in the game until Halo 5 released XD
>
> Also, it’s only from a certain angle that a direct hit will kill the driver and passenger and… didn’t the older Halo games do the same thing with warthogs and banshee bombs? Basic warthogs weren’t exactly Banshee killers in the old games… quite the opposite.

Actually, even if it’s NOT a gimmick I’m still calling bullsht on armor mods. It’s fcking disgusting that you need to be something like SR-105 in order to get a basic armor mod like Wheelman. So disgusting, IMHO, that it almost ruins the balanced play that was intended for Halo…

> 2535425767047176;15:
> > 2535448178577576;14:
> > Isn’t it obvious?? He was using damage boosts.
>
> That would be feasible, if only damage boosts applied to the vehicles that a spartan was using. Unfortunately, damage/speed boosts as well as overshields and active camos only apply to the spartan him/herself, and the immediate weapon (s)he is using.
>
>
> > 2533274883849234;11:
> > > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > > 2533274953062698;5:
> > > > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > > > Driving an oni warthog.
> > > > >
> > > > > We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> > > > > A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
> > > > >
> > > > > The warthog isn’t even smoking.
> > > > >
> > > > > Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
> > > > >
> > > > > That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> > > > > Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
> > > > >
> > > > > This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.
> > > >
> > > > Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?
> > >
> > > That shouldn’t matter. Back in CE-Reach you didn’t need cheap gimmicks like armor mods to survive in a game.
> >
> > How the hell are armor mods a gimmick? You’re not using the word right at all, a gimmick is something that’s meant to attract attention. I remember a lot people didn’t even know armor mods were in the game until Halo 5 released XD
> >
> > Also, it’s only from a certain angle that a direct hit will kill the driver and passenger and… didn’t the older Halo games do the same thing with warthogs and banshee bombs? Basic warthogs weren’t exactly Banshee killers in the old games… quite the opposite.
>
> Actually, even if it’s NOT a gimmick I’m still calling bullsht on armor mods. It’s fcking disgusting that you need to be something like SR-105 in order to get a basic armor mod like Wheelman. So disgusting, IMHO, that it almost ruins the balanced play that was intended for Halo…

wrong. try going in forge spawn whatever vehicle and 4 damage boosts see what happens.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535448178577576;16:
> > 2535425767047176;15:
> > > 2535448178577576;14:
> > > Isn’t it obvious?? He was using damage boosts.
> >
> > That would be feasible, if only damage boosts applied to the vehicles that a spartan was using. Unfortunately, damage/speed boosts as well as overshields and active camos only apply to the spartan him/herself, and the immediate weapon (s)he is using.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274883849234;11:
> > > > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > > > 2533274953062698;5:
> > > > > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > > > > Driving an oni warthog.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> > > > > > A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The warthog isn’t even smoking.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> > > > > > Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.
> > > > >
> > > > > Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?
> > > >
> > > > That shouldn’t matter. Back in CE-Reach you didn’t need cheap gimmicks like armor mods to survive in a game.
> > >
> > > How the hell are armor mods a gimmick? You’re not using the word right at all, a gimmick is something that’s meant to attract attention. I remember a lot people didn’t even know armor mods were in the game until Halo 5 released XD
> > >
> > > Also, it’s only from a certain angle that a direct hit will kill the driver and passenger and… didn’t the older Halo games do the same thing with warthogs and banshee bombs? Basic warthogs weren’t exactly Banshee killers in the old games… quite the opposite.
> >
> > Actually, even if it’s NOT a gimmick I’m still calling bullsht on armor mods. It’s fcking disgusting that you need to be something like SR-105 in order to get a basic armor mod like Wheelman. So disgusting, IMHO, that it almost ruins the balanced play that was intended for Halo…
>
> wrong. try going in forge spawn whatever vehicle and 4 damage boosts see what happens.

You’re really going to be one of THOSE people, aren’t you? Can’t be wrong about anything, or your ego will break? F*cking amazing, bro…

> 2535425767047176;17:
> > 2535448178577576;16:
> > > 2535425767047176;15:
> > > > 2535448178577576;14:
> > > > Isn’t it obvious?? He was using damage boosts.
> > >
> > > That would be feasible, if only damage boosts applied to the vehicles that a spartan was using. Unfortunately, damage/speed boosts as well as overshields and active camos only apply to the spartan him/herself, and the immediate weapon (s)he is using.
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274883849234;11:
> > > > > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > > > > 2533274953062698;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > > > > > Driving an oni warthog.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> > > > > > > A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > The warthog isn’t even smoking.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> > > > > > > Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?
> > > > >
> > > > > That shouldn’t matter. Back in CE-Reach you didn’t need cheap gimmicks like armor mods to survive in a game.
> > > >
> > > > How the hell are armor mods a gimmick? You’re not using the word right at all, a gimmick is something that’s meant to attract attention. I remember a lot people didn’t even know armor mods were in the game until Halo 5 released XD
> > > >
> > > > Also, it’s only from a certain angle that a direct hit will kill the driver and passenger and… didn’t the older Halo games do the same thing with warthogs and banshee bombs? Basic warthogs weren’t exactly Banshee killers in the old games… quite the opposite.
> > >
> > > Actually, even if it’s NOT a gimmick I’m still calling bullsht on armor mods. It’s fcking disgusting that you need to be something like SR-105 in order to get a basic armor mod like Wheelman. So disgusting, IMHO, that it almost ruins the balanced play that was intended for Halo…
> >
> > wrong. try going in forge spawn whatever vehicle and 4 damage boosts see what happens.
>
> You’re really going to be one of THOSE people, aren’t you? Can’t be wrong about anything, or your ego will break? F*cking amazing, bro…

lol, are you for real?? load up forge put 4 damage boosts on and spawn whatever shoot them. if you want i can show you proof in game meaning I’ll join you as your doing it. also if I’m wrong about something I’ll come right out and say it. I’ve done tests to back this up. perhaps it’s not my ego but yours??

> 2535448178577576;18:
> > 2535425767047176;17:
> > > 2535448178577576;16:
> > > > 2535425767047176;15:
> > > > > 2535448178577576;14:
> > > > > Isn’t it obvious?? He was using damage boosts.
> > > >
> > > > That would be feasible, if only damage boosts applied to the vehicles that a spartan was using. Unfortunately, damage/speed boosts as well as overshields and active camos only apply to the spartan him/herself, and the immediate weapon (s)he is using.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274883849234;11:
> > > > > > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > > > > > 2533274953062698;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > > > > > > Driving an oni warthog.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > We haven’t taken any damage yet.
> > > > > > > > A single regular banshee bomb hits and kills both driver and gunner…
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > The warthog isn’t even smoking.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Anyone remember when vehicles used to take damage first?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > That vehicle would have to be in bad shape for you to worry.
> > > > > > > > Not anymore, explosives get double kills at full health.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > This happens with , banshee, railgun, and grenade launchers.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Did you have wheelman as your armor mod?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That shouldn’t matter. Back in CE-Reach you didn’t need cheap gimmicks like armor mods to survive in a game.
> > > > >
> > > > > How the hell are armor mods a gimmick? You’re not using the word right at all, a gimmick is something that’s meant to attract attention. I remember a lot people didn’t even know armor mods were in the game until Halo 5 released XD
> > > > >
> > > > > Also, it’s only from a certain angle that a direct hit will kill the driver and passenger and… didn’t the older Halo games do the same thing with warthogs and banshee bombs? Basic warthogs weren’t exactly Banshee killers in the old games… quite the opposite.
> > > >
> > > > Actually, even if it’s NOT a gimmick I’m still calling bullsht on armor mods. It’s fcking disgusting that you need to be something like SR-105 in order to get a basic armor mod like Wheelman. So disgusting, IMHO, that it almost ruins the balanced play that was intended for Halo…
> > >
> > > wrong. try going in forge spawn whatever vehicle and 4 damage boosts see what happens.
> >
> > You’re really going to be one of THOSE people, aren’t you? Can’t be wrong about anything, or your ego will break? F*cking amazing, bro…
>
> lol, are you for real??? load up forge put 4 damage boosts on and spawn whatever shoot them. if you want i can show you proof in game meaning I’ll join you as your doing it.

Really, is that so? Okay, PM me- we’ll pick a date and a time for your little demonstration. I’d do it right now, but I’m currently prepping for Memorial Day flag ceremonies

I think things depend on your vehicle’s level and on the weapon’ s level.