1-50 would honestly bring players back.

Lets start off by saying this. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT 1-50. I know many others that feel the same. I’m not going to get into the details about underlying trueskill as that talk has been here and their a billion times. I am going to say that I have many buddies that I used to play Halo 2,3, and even Reach with. They all basically listen to any and all rumors presented which sets themselves up for serious disappointment. I’m the kinda guy in our group that they actually trust. I’m sure their are many of you out their to. The guy that stays truly connected with everything going on in the community. Most of them stopped playing Reach early on and then stopped playing Halo 4 early on. They all ask me Halo related questions all the time and the number one thing that comes up is the 1-50 thing. I thought CSR on waypoint was finally going to do the trick for them but they all disagree.

My friends all say the same thing. They want something to earn(1-50 rank) and they want it to mean something. They don’t want to have to jump through hoops to figure out where they stand. My one friend in particular is extremely competitive and he basically told me “Without 1-50 I’m probably just going to be done with Halo”. I don’t agree with him and I’ve tried to talk with him and others about the idea of CSR and none of them seem to care. 343… Are you really willing to push all of those players away? All they are asking for is a simple number rank. To be honest Halo hasn’t really been the same since. Sure their are competitive matches here and their but nothing comes close to what used to be in Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Please 343, bring 1-50 back! Not for me, but for my friends that refuse to play otherwise. If it’s not possible through the UI I’m just going to hope it’s around come Halo 5. It just seems so logical to add it. Their is no reason to not have it. I know the “harassment” problem was a thing in the past but people are still idiots online. Online jerks will always be online jerks. If this post opens just one persons eyes I’ll be happy. Thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

1-50 Benefits both relaxed and competitive gamers.
With the addition you have both RANKED and SOCIAL playlists. Without 1-50 you just have a giant mess goup of both competitives and casuals alike. If you add Ranked it’s like adding a barrier in between Ranked players and Social players. With what we currently have their is no divide so hardcore players are playing lesser players and not getting the competitive experience that they want and Social players are getting beat up and I’m sure they aren’t having fun either. Split them up and all of a sudden you have a bunch of relaxed gamers playing together and a bunch of hardcore gamers playing together. Everyone wins…

If they add 1-50 visible ranking could you live with the option being present for other players who would like to turn off their personal Stat tracking and just not participate in it?

Hmm so people care more about the 1-50 rank then the actual game it’s self

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hmm so people care more about the 1-50 rank then the actual game it’s self people are stupid now a days.

> If they add 1-50 visible ranking could you live with the option being present for other players who would like to turn off their personal Stat tracking and just not participate in it?

Hey, I’m with you man. I’d be the first person to turn my stats/rank off lol. Like I said, this isn’t for me. This is for all of my friends and all of your friends and everyone else’s friends. This is for the people that have been done with Halo since Halo 3. These players would certainly come back with a proper ranking system. I really hope Bravo is getting that into 343’s head. He knows as much as anyone else about how nice it is to be able to get into competitive matches at any time. Either way if it returned you would always have the option to play Ranked/Unranked regardless.

GOOD RIDDANCE.

Bottom line, there is no risk for losing matches. With that you eliminate teamwork, callouts, map control, and all the motivation that once existed in Halo. Too many people on these forums comment like they actually played H2 or H3. The Reason Halo is a household name is because of what halo used to be. Quit acting like Reach or Halo 4 had anything to do with the popularity of the franchise. Their just milking you guys off the success of its predecessors.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

>

You probably care more about armor then you care about the game so get lost. The OP is right.

> GOOD RIDDANCE.

Don’t be ignorant…

Let’s flip the scenario around. 343 brings 1-50 back in-game and it’s in every playlist. I would sure feel bad for people that don’t want a ranking system. It’s not like they are asking to take over all of the playlists They just want a few basic playlists dedicated to ranked play. It wouldn’t affect others that don’t want it at all. IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT THE NUMBER EITHER. That is one thing that bugs me so I’m just going to talk about that before it’s brought up multiple times. A ton of people say things like… “Big whoop it’s just a number next to your name”. It’s more than that though and that is what makes me angry at people that can’t see that. The idea of 1-50 is the idea of bettering your play. Without 1-50 their is NO SUCH THING AS COMPETITION in the eyes are real hardcore competitors. Every games is treated as just another game and you can never really tell if the other team is trying or whatever. With a ranking system you absolutely knew the other team was trying to win to rank up. Without 1-50 nearly all competition is lost in the eyes of competitive Halo players. I know this because I used to care about it and then I started to look past it and just play for fun. I promise you though… 1-50 is essential if 343 wants the competitive community back. Their is no other way around it.

XD Funny i played every single Halo game and why would you say i care more about the armor ? Is it because my armor is awesome. Makes no sense. Halo Ranks are just Ranks they don’t have a major impact on the game.

> > GOOD RIDDANCE.
>
> Don’t be ignorant…
>
> Let’s flip the scenario around. 343 brings 1-50 back in-game and it’s in every playlist. I would sure feel bad for people that don’t want a ranking system. It’s not like they are asking to take over all of the playlists They just want a few basic playlists dedicated to ranked play. It wouldn’t affect others that don’t want it at all. IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT THE NUMBER EITHER. That is one thing that bugs me so I’m just going to talk about that before it’s brought up multiple times. A ton of people say things like… “Big whoop it’s just a number next to your name”. It’s more than that though and that is what makes me angry at people that can’t see that. The idea of 1-50 is the idea of bettering your play. Without 1-50 their is NO SUCH THING AS COMPETITION in the eyes are real hardcore competitors. Every games is treated as just another game and you can never really tell if the other team is trying or whatever. With a ranking system you absolutely knew the other team was trying to win to rank up. Without 1-50 nearly all competition is lost in the eyes of competitive Halo players. I know this because I used to care about it and then I started to look past it and just play for fun. I promise you though… 1-50 is essential if 343 wants the competitive community back. Their is no other way around it.

Is the competitive community even worth having around? One they won’t allow anything new. They hate everything that changes anything from the prior game, They’re abusive and rude and because of that you got games that are basically no mics all the time now. Their answer to anything fun that is counter to what they want is always NO.

They’ll stifle creativity and take a science fiction premise and turn it into a dog and pony show. Look at the Mantis. 343 wanted to include the Orion Battle Armor instead they opted for a walking coffin to placate balance instead of embracing the awesome that is Mech. They could have added the Booster Frame. The answer from competitives would be NO over powered.

Really? Well damn 343 you need to hire referees for Team No Way so they can throw yellow flags on a DMR out gunning a BR user. Sorry SHABUTIE II I just get frustrated that Halo was as exciting as Destiny’s premise when it first appeared prior to 2001. Now it’s boring and anything imaginative is met with the word NO.

> Halo Ranks are just Ranks they don’t have a major impact on the game.

Prior to Reach, ranks affected online matchups. That’s a considerable impact.

> XD Funny i played every single Halo game and why would you say i care more about the armor ? Is it because my armor is awesome. Makes no sense. <mark>Halo Ranks are just Ranks they don’t have a major impact on the game.</mark>

For you? Yes, that is apparently true. So you would just stay out of the ranked playlists and this would affect you NONE. For hardcore Halo competitors it does matter. It’s the difference between playing a game vs another full team using tactics or vs a team of randoms that could care less about having a competitive game. It ensures that everyone that is going for said ranks is also trying to play a competitive game.

Playing social and complaining that you don’t want ranked in Halo is like if you were playing backyard football complaining that you don’t want the NFL to exist. Obviously the comparison isn’t exactly the same but I’m sure you get the point.

Add it already so people can stop whining about it please. I doubt the “competitive” players will come back to this game anyways. Just watch. It won’t affect numbers. Plus numbers dont lie. The best playlist is btb infinity every night. So what does that say? That people do like the changes except the small amount of people who get on here to complain.

> <mark>Is the competitive community even worth having around?</mark> One they won’t allow anything new. They hate everything that changes anything from the prior game, They’re abusive and rude and because of that you got games that are basically no mics all the time now. Their answer to anything fun that is counter to what they want is always NO.
>
> They’ll stifle creativity and take a science fiction premise and turn it into a dog and pony show. Look at the Mantis. 343 wanted to include the Orion Battle Armor instead they opted for a walking coffin to placate balance instead of embracing the awesome that is Mech. They could have added the Booster Frame. The answer from competitives would be NO over powered.
>
> Really? Well damn 343 you need to hire referees for Team No Way so they can throw yellow flags on a DMR out gunning a BR user.

Is the casual community even worth having around? Once again let’s do role reversal here(Mind you I don’t consider myself a casual or a competitive. I’d like to think of myself as an on the fence middleman type of deal.). Let’s say the game is like I said it would be in my other post. 1-50 is in every playlists and all playlists are set up with absolute competitiveness in mind(this is essentially the exact opposite of what Halo 4 is). What do you think the casuals would be doing? They would be complaining that their is this and that and what have you… It’s the same thing with the competitive players. Why do you think they complain? They complain because they literally have had nothing good going on for them since basically Halo 2 and Halo 3. YES, maybe some of them do try to completely dictate the way the game is made/played/etc. But that isn’t all of them. And who is to say the more casual side of the community wouldn’t do the same if the game shifted to a far more competitive aspect.

To say that these players don’t deserve 1-50 is actually quite selfish. It’s not like they would overrun the game. It’s a 50/50 split or a 40/60 split or w/e. The competitive players aren’t asking for Halo 4 to be their game completely. They are just asking for some 1-50 playlists that don’t involve them checking their laptops or phones to see where they stand. AND once again 1-50 that isn’t visible through the game isn’t even going to encourage competitive play. Sure their will be more competitive play than usual but it’s certainly not the same and not nearly enough people care about the Waypoint CSR.

This is to everyone that comes in here about to say something about being tired of this subject being brought up. I know it will happen so I’ll get it out of the way… If you’re tired of seeing these threads then that probably means a bunch of people care about this…

Anyone who knows me or have seen some of my pre-moderator days post know I used to be very much against any sort of number ranking system. However, I cannot deny that it does have a certain attraction for some players, and could potentially bring a new life to Halo.

I still strongly oppose it being tied in with a progression rank, as was done in Halo 3.

> Prior to Reach, ranks affected online matchups. That’s a considerable impact.

“Prior”?
Ranks never affected matchups, Trueskill did. (And still does, contrary to what you think)

I agree completely OP, 1-50 will bring a ton of players in and back to Halo 4. I really hope 343i realizes this. They made a great game, but not having the in-game CSR is just ridiculous. My little brother (really competitive Halo player) was a 50 in multiple playlists in Halo 3 and he played a ton just trying to rank up in multiple playlists. He bought Halo 4, played for about a week and reached SR35, and he said he was bored. I ask him to this day why he doesent play, and he says “theres no ranking system”. Many players don’t care about anything else besides the ranking system. The past Halos that had one had many more players everyday than the titles that don’t have one. Please 343i, just add the in-game CSR so more people will play.

> > Prior to Reach, ranks affected online matchups. That’s a considerable impact.
>
> “Prior”?
> Ranks never affected matchups, Trueskill did. (And still does, contrary to what you think)

You’re both right but neither is more correct than the other. While trueskill does match you up with players of similar skill 1-50 matches you up with people that care about skill. When playing unranked matchmaking you’re not always guaranteed to play against people that care about competition. That means that you’re really not getting a competitive match. With 1-50 the truskill is their AND you’re playing against people EVERY game that care about tactics, callouts, and just plain winning as a team. Without Ranked matches you essentially have no true competition if you are a competitive type of player.

I wouldn’t deny them their 1-50 system I have asked for the option to bow out of it. Can they just meet me there. That’s all I want added if they place it in. Why? Well I used to play Quake Arena religiously. You would die every three seconds by Rail guns or by rocket launchers in those Space CTFs. But you had fun because rushing the other side for the flag was one spawn away and a couple well placed rocket jumps off some bumpers got you some sweet sweet revenge.

Somewhere along the way stat tracking happened and now I feel this terrible need to protect my stats. And I still suck at Halo, but there I am saying I’m finally average in this freaking game and I’ll take it and here i’ll sit to protect it. I don’t want to care about that nonsense, I want to rush and have fun again so just give me the option to turn Stat tracking and visible 1-50 off.

You’ll get your damn map movement right quick If I can get that option.

> Hmm so people care more about the 1-50 rank then the actual game it’s self people are stupid now a days.

I used to think this way, but now it has dawned on me that unless there is some kind of persistent reward system, the MP can get boring for many people

Think about this - would you enjoy playing a Halo campaign if there were no reason for MC doing what he does other than “he wants to shoot -Yoink- up”? If there were no story, no plot, it wouldn’t be the same. A Halo campaign without a story, or even a final payoff, just wouldn’t work, and would get boring real fast

A CSR gives people a reason to play MP, other than simply “playing for the sake of playing”.

Without a persistent reward system like CSR, playing Halo MP is simply “shooting -Yoink- up”. Some people like this. Others don’t. It doesn’t make people stupid if they want CSR.

EDIT: Forgot to say - having a visible CSR adds to the experience of MP. Again, using single player as an example: what fun would it be if all the cutscenes were removed from Halo campaign, and you had to check Waypoint to see your progression through the story? In other words, you know that what you are doing is having some sort of impact, but you just aren’t seeing it in game