1-50 with camo!? *facepalm*

I’m seriously worried for you guys 343, No visible in-game ranking system? Did you guys never think why Reach died so quickly?

smh…

Puts Halo 3 back into Xbox

But seriously guys, this game could be better than Halo 3 with the right playlists and some tweaks/balances, I can assure you. 1-50 Visible in the game would be brilliant, I am not the best Halo player, nor am I even that competitive, but I never played on Social playlists because I didn’t feel there was much to work for and to be honest, it’s what gives the game that addictive touch that Halo has always been known for… Right now Halo 4 feels like one big Social playlist with -Yoinking- Power Weapons falling out of the sky and players hiding with camo in spawns…

I guess you could call me an optimist, I still hope that you will sort this out, I know you guys aren’t that stupid you must have seen the population charts recently, 1-50 would make the numbers go up I promise you.

But I know that many of the Hardcore/competitive players are not so optimistic, and with reason of course, Reach was a real blow to the competitive/hardcore community and I’ll wager it’s why Bungie left the franchise, but this isn’t about Bungie, this is about you 343. You have the power to either make or break the game further but I and many others still have a hope that you will make the right choice.

Thank-you for reading
-DirtBazzleene

Go ahead… No one will know you’re gone.

> Go ahead… No one will know you’re gone.

Comments like this add nothing to the topic. But hey I got a little tip for you… got nothing decent to say? then don’t say anything.

Clearly they will… Sure, it’s only 5:04AM in the United States, but there are only 16,081 people on Halo 4 with more than 3.1 million copies out in the wild.

EDIT: Forgot to count Spartan Ops, there’s 982 there.

> > Go ahead… No one will know you’re gone.
>
> Clearly they will… Sure, it’s only 5:04AM in the United States, but there are only 16,081 people on Halo 4 with more than 3.1 million copies out in the wild.
>
> EDIT: Forgot to count Spartan Ops, there’s 982 there.

Implying all 3.1 million of those copies belong to players with Xbox LIVE.

> > > Go ahead… No one will know you’re gone.
> >
> > Clearly they will… Sure, it’s only 5:04AM in the United States, but there are only 16,081 people on Halo 4 with more than 3.1 million copies out in the wild.
> >
> > EDIT: Forgot to count Spartan Ops, there’s 982 there.
>
> Implying all 3.1 million of those copies belong to players with Xbox LIVE.

You forgot your meme arrows bro.

looks like the OP doesn’t know about CSR

> looks like the OP doesn’t know about CSR

Sure looks like it.

OP, please look up Halo 4 “Competitive Skill Rank” (CSR).

It has what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

> > looks like the OP doesn’t know about CSR
>
> Sure looks like it.
>
> OP, please look up Halo 4 “Competitive Skill Rank” (CSR).
>
> It has what you are looking for.
>
> Hope this helps.

Not really, though. Sure, 1-50 will be returning, but not displayed anywhere except for Waypoint.

343 has announced a Competitive Skill Rank update headed to Halo 4 post-launch. As detailed in a blog post on Halo Waypoint, the update will launch in early 2013 and “will measure your performance against other players in Halo 4 War Games and use this information to match you up against opponents of comparable skill ranks.” Once the update is live, players will have a “visible and detailed” Skill Rank available in the player profile section of Halo Waypoint.

Does anyone seriously believe that any ranking system (1-50), whether the old Halo 3 one or the forthcoming Halo 4 CSR, whether visible in-game or not, is actually going to significantly or even slightly improve the numbers playing this game?

-Yoink!- and 343i thought that Spartan OPS would be a game changer, ie, more people play MP rather than just the campaign. Failed!

343i thought adding tactical packages, support upgrades and various mods, more people from COD would play Halo 4 (yes,they never stated such but it is obvious they wanted to capture some of that MP COD market). Failed!

They thought the free Crimson Map Pack trial might capture new numbers. It didn’t bring anyone new to the game. Fail!

Removing Invasion and Assault. Fail!

I never liked Infection and rarely played it but, it is better than Flood. Fail!

Spartan OPs replaced Firefight. The concept is good but the numbers indicate it is another Fail.

I know it’s only the first day but, I didn’t see any improvement in player numbers due to the Infinity Challenge, just numbers shifting from one play list to another. Fail!

The above is obvious.

However, despite the above I love Halo 4. It is a shame that all the good, IMO, has not translated into player numbers.

One thing is for sure, a ranking system won’t make a difference in playing numbers either.

> One thing is for sure, a ranking system won’t make a difference in playing numbers either.

This. I presume that few people who care enough about a ranking system that they would resume playing Halo 4 if it were added aren’t already on Waypoint demanding it. And that’s not too many people in the grand scheme of things.

How about fix gun balance and such before we worry about our RANKS… facepalms

i want a 1-50 ranking system so bad :frowning:

> looks like the OP doesn’t know about CSR

I have looked into the CSR, but this post is referring to the fact that it’s not visible in the game, which does have a big impact on it’s effectiveness, the addictive touch that halo has been renowned for.

> > > looks like the OP doesn’t know about CSR
> >
> > Sure looks like it.
> >
> > OP, please look up Halo 4 “Competitive Skill Rank” (CSR).
> >
> > It has what you are looking for.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
>
> Not really, though. Sure, 1-50 will be returning, but not displayed anywhere except for Waypoint.
>
> 343 has announced a Competitive Skill Rank update headed to Halo 4 post-launch. As detailed in a blog post on Halo Waypoint, the update will launch in early 2013 and “will measure your performance against other players in Halo 4 War Games and use this information to match you up against opponents of comparable skill ranks.” Once the update is live, players will have a “visible and detailed” Skill Rank available in the player profile section of Halo Waypoint.

Yes, that is correct. This really puzzles me…How on earth are the community going to have the motivation to shut down Halo 4, go to the Waypoint application, wait for it to load and then scroll across to look for some number? ridiculous, and also not all of us have laptops right next to our Xbox 343…

> How about fix gun balance and such before we worry about our RANKS… facepalms

Yes this as well, but I’m more concerned about the watered down version of 1-50 because the ranks really define the whole game experience, but yes gun balance would be very important for this game as well.

> Does anyone seriously believe that any ranking system (1-50), whether the old Halo 3 one or the forthcoming Halo 4 CSR, whether visible in-game or not, is actually going to significantly or even slightly improve the numbers playing this game?
>
> -Yoink!- and 343i thought that Spartan OPS would be a game changer, ie, more people play MP rather than just the campaign. Failed!
>
> 343i thought adding tactical packages, support upgrades and various mods, more people from COD would play Halo 4 (yes,they never stated such but it is obvious they wanted to capture some of that MP COD market). Failed!
>
> They thought the free Crimson Map Pack trial might capture new numbers. It didn’t bring anyone new to the game. Fail!
>
> Removing Invasion and Assault. Fail!
>
> I never liked Infection and rarely played it but, it is better than Flood. Fail!
>
> Spartan OPs replaced Firefight. The concept is good but the numbers indicate it is another Fail.
>
> I know it’s only the first day but, I didn’t see any improvement in player numbers due to the Infinity Challenge, just numbers shifting from one play list to another. Fail!
>
> The above is obvious.
>
> However, despite the above I love Halo 4. It is a shame that all the good, IMO, has not translated into player numbers.
>
> One thing is for sure, a ranking system won’t make a difference in playing numbers either.

Halo 2/3 says it all. Ranks do make a difference it’s obvious.

these comments are usually made by people who say the halo community is great

Yes, they did a great job of preventing CoD from becoming the most popular shooter on 360 /sarcasm.

Ranks won’t do anything to keep people on Halo if there are other options out there that seem interesting.

Fact: Games do get boring after a while.
Fact: New games come out all the time.

Those 2 facts mean that any game is going to experience attrition over time, and considering how there are a great number of people who were teenagers during Halo:CE and make up a large portion of the dedicated fan base, but are now working adults who have obligations to employers and family, its going to decrease the number of people playing at any given time.

CoD pumps out a new game every year for the same reason, as does Madden, and every other game relying of MP to continue its popularity. CoD will have more players than Halo 4 any given day due to the cross platform existence making it a more discussed game in internet circles, where Halo’s been an Xbox thing since its inception. More people talking about the game translates into greater interest among those who are on the fence.

Adding a CSR won’t do anything other than give the MLG and elitist types something to stroke their epeens about because we all know that having a 50 besides your name means you’re the coolest kid on the block and you’ve accomplished something great in your life. Am i right?

> Yes, they did a great job of preventing CoD from becoming the most popular shooter on 360 /sarcasm.
>
> Ranks won’t do anything to keep people on Halo if there are other options out there that seem interesting.
>
> Fact: Games do get boring after a while.
> Fact: New games come out all the time.
>
> Those 2 facts mean that any game is going to experience attrition over time, and considering how there are a great number of people who were teenagers during Halo:CE and make up a large portion of the dedicated fan base, but are now working adults who have obligations to employers and family, its going to decrease the number of people playing at any given time.
>
> CoD pumps out a new game every year for the same reason, as does Madden, and every other game relying of MP to continue its popularity. CoD will have more players than Halo 4 any given day due to the cross platform existence making it a more discussed game in internet circles, where Halo’s been an Xbox thing since its inception. More people talking about the game translates into greater interest among those who are on the fence.
>
> Adding a CSR won’t do anything other than give the MLG and elitist types something to stroke their epeens about because we all know that having a 50 besides your name means you’re the coolest kid on the block and you’ve accomplished something great in your life. Am i right?

I never got a 50 in Halo 3, wasn’t that bothered about it either, what I did enjoy the most was just seeing my number change after I had an intense 50 to 49 game, that just gives you a real buzz. People who only care about getting a 50 and neglect other parts of the game clearly don’t do much in their life and are most likely insecure if they think they are the coolest kid on the block. However, getting a 50 is in some ways something to be proud about because it’s accomplishing a goal which gives you more desire to move on to the next goal or next part of the game you want to master, so you keep playing. It’s also a FACT that some games last longer than others and they leave a mark on the gaming industry due to the excellent qualities that they had.