1-50 confirmed

http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/Podcast/343Sparkast_011.mp3
Skip to 8:00 in, at 8:25 David Ellis says that everyone in the studio is ranked 50 while talking about a recent playtest with Microsoft employees.

Its confirmed

Nope. I wouldn’t call it a confirmation yet.

> Don’t read too much into that sentence. It was a turn of phrase, not an announcement.

I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s “confirmed”, he could be using it as a general term for being good…

However, I don’t think that’s the case.

Not sure but i hope So

1-50 FTW

But im pumped no matter what.

Its not confirmed but they did talk about ranks and being 50s which could indicate maybe that they therefore liked ranks foreshadowing ranks being in halo 4. So I’m thinking there will be ranks. I’m not going to sweat it.

> Nope.
>
>
>
>
> > Don’t read too much into that sentence. It was a turn of phrase, not an announcement.

Why would he mention it while talking about a playtest OF HALO 4?

Why would they bother including a 1-50 system in the build they are testing but not in the final build? Just wait, im willing to bet its in the game

> > Nope.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > Don’t read too much into that sentence. It was a turn of phrase, not an announcement.
>
> Why would he mention it while talking about a playtest OF HALO 4?
>
> Why would they bother including a 1-50 system in the build they are testing but not in the final build? Just wait, im willing to bet its in the game

Its still not confirmed. It was a phrase nothing more. All he is saying is that 343 is better than anyone at Halo 4 at the moment.

Although I don’t remember the exact quote, I believe it most likely referred to their Halo 3 ranks or was just a joking, exaggerated line to describe the skill level of the 343i employees. Very much like when they said they have “a house full of Walshies”.

Haha, it would be so funny if this is the new progressive system, where 50 is the highest rank and they’ve already reached it by winning exp or cR XD
We know nothing about this “50” they speak of, it could be “50 wins”, “50 commendations”, “50 kills” or just an old school term for good player. Before you get your hopes up, take a deep breath and wait for 343i to confirm or deny.

I wouldn’t say it is confirmed just yet. Listen to the full podcast and really pay attention to the process deal and comments about a bunch of ideas slowly coming together and building an experience from scratch part. It is there so you can learn just how difficult this process really is. With regard to the future of 1-50, I’ve studied the positives and negatives surrounding it with regard to the careful preparation, planning, and maintenance for it in combination with Reach Arena and I find with the proper care, maintenance, and understanding of the Arena structure, it can very easily surpass 1-50.

> […] If there was a set rank and unranked structure somewhere in MM, you wouldn’t have a single playlist desperately attempting to cover all bases in a six window slot. But think about it in the grand scheme of things. Season W: Standard Vanilla Onyx user… season W ends. Season D comes next in a random generation scale. This one features ZB gametypes. Season W Onyx user finds himself behind the 8-ball when ZB gets introduced and barely manages a Gold status. Season Q is next. That is T.U. with Bleedthrough… you get where this is going? Each attempt at a new season could, theoretically, surpass the last and continue in a randomly generated cycle. Maybe you get standard vanilla, but only get Slayer Pro gametypes. The possibilities for the Arena system to surpass all others is the highest out of EVERY Halo title TO DATE and guess what? It already has! All it needs… is to address a population issue and a loudout versus pick-up issue. So you say lets not put loadouts in, I say it provides for better counter measure under all settings if you don’t have to worry about the AA spawn points being trapped and forces pure competitive gameplay all around, to further distinguish it, you can set it as a setting that allows for multiple levels of gameplay styles set over X time period. Maybe one season you let gamers choose and load up random gametypes of ALL possibilities. Seeing who can truly take all elements under all possible conditions, and utilize them to the farthest extreme… MLG would stumble over their feet to try and get that possibility.

I still stand by that. The possibilities of Arena are so vast, you might as well try and right down all the possibilities. BUT… it needs to be implemented right. That’s the trick, and with a sandbox that could potentially include some weapons from Reach, some from H3, some new ones… I can’t even begin to see where this could go. One thing is for certain though… we are going to be seeing something new with all the things we’ve been quoted about and still retain a core Halo feeling…

It does sound like it is confirmed, but I’m not going to get my hopes up just in case they were joking or something.

For all we know it could be the Call of duty ranking system.

> For all we know it could be the Call of duty ranking system.

It could, or then it could not.

In Soviet Russia rank’s ourank you!

Confirmed you say? :smiley: <(’’<) ^(’’)^ (>’’)> <(’’<) ^(’’)^ (>’’)> <(’’<) ^(’’)^ (>’’)> (: -Yoink!- -Yoink!- -Yoink!- -Yoink!- -Yoink!- -Yoink!-

> Nope. I wouldn’t call it a confirmation yet.
>
>
>
>
> > Don’t read too much into that sentence. It was a turn of phrase, not an announcement.

True, but 343 KNOW exactly what goes on on their forums and that people are practically begging for a return to the 1-50.

… I’d therefore be surprised if they had used the term so lightly.

Alas,it’s NOT announcement and only time will tell.

~ Duck.

they don’t need to confirm it, 343 isn’t stupid they know what the community wants and is expecting.

there will be a 50 ranking

In a Halo 2 beta video, everyone from Bungie were at the max rank of Halo 2s 1 to 50 when they were playtesting.

I do not see why 343i would not do the same thing.

I hope 1-50 ranks comes back though, they made it much more competitive and generally more fun!

Ok, a grunt face was not the symbol for the best rank in Halo 2. Check it out in 4:18 in the video bellow.

Here is the video

Lol it’s not confirmed. Were it so easy xD.