0% Damage in Game Mode settings in Halo 5

Currently I am in the works of a Murder Mystery Game Mode in Halo 5. Sadly, in order to complete it, the innocents need zero damage dealing capabilities. In every other Halo game there is an option for Spartans to deal 0% weapon and melee damage. Yet for some reason Halo 5’s lowest is 10%. I know there is a deathless option but the Murder still needs to be killed by the detective, not the innocents. It would be great for 343 to include a 0% to the damage percentages in Game Mode options. Hear me out 343! :grinning:

I think there’s an option to enable player invincibility instead.

I have no idea why this was never added in. I, too, tried creating games that required 0% damage, but I struggled with it due to the game’s limitations.

The workaround I would suggest is the following:

• Disable shields for all players. - Bump up health to maximum. - Make shield recharge wait time instant. - Make shield recharge time as fast as possible. - Make the detective do insane amounts of damage.Boom. :slight_smile:

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I think there’s an option to enable player invincibility instead.

He doesn’t want players to be invincible. He wants some players to be able to damage and some players to be able to do none.

> 2533274859620752;4:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > I think there’s an option to enable player invincibility instead.
>
> He doesn’t want players to be invincible. He wants some players to be able to damage and some players to be able to do none.

I don’t think that’s option if I remember correctly… :\

> 2535429593088083;5:
> > 2533274859620752;4:
> > > 2535429593088083;2:
> > > I think there’s an option to enable player invincibility instead.
> >
> > He doesn’t want players to be invincible. He wants some players to be able to damage and some players to be able to do none.
>
> I don’t think that’s option if I remember correctly… :\

Unfortunately, yes. :confused:

I’m pretty sure you can give the innocents no ammo, but other than that I’m not sure.

> 2535412033640230;7:
> I’m pretty sure you can give the innocents no ammo, but other than that I’m not sure.

Yeah, but they can still melee.

If it’s a team game can’t you just turn off friendly fire damage? All the Innocents being on one team can’t hurt each other and the murderer can hunt them out. Then have a boundary on the map that assigns player trait alpha to the Innocents team so their weapon damage is as low as possible and assign bravo traits to the murderer.

> 2533274938283372;1:
> Currently I am in the works of a Murder Mystery Game Mode in Halo 5. Sadly, in order to complete it, the innocents need zero damage dealing capabilities. In every other Halo game there is an option for Spartans to deal 0% weapon and melee damage. Yet for some reason Halo 5’s lowest is 10%. I know there is a deathless option but the Murder still needs to be killed by the detective, not the innocents. It would be great for 343 to include a 0% to the damage percentages in Game Mode options. Hear me out 343! :grinning:

The killfeed is what has stopped people from remaking this beloved mode, since the whole purpose is to not know who killed you in 'Muder Mystery". If you’ve found a way around that please pm me so I can share it with the masses.